Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Was it Carl Sneep that scored a goal on Rondeau from like 175 feet away?
    Yes, I believe it was a SHG. He was just icing the puck but it took a crazy bounce off the ice in front of Rondeau and hopped over his glove.

The ND 1999 game and Wisconsin 2000 games were pretty incredible on the regional side of things as well. Wisconsin fans lost their minds a week later when Reinprecht didn't win the Hobey and it was given to Mottau and they were VERY bitter about that for a good number of years until 2006. Both were #1 in the country and BC went out West. Something to remind a certain mongo North Dakota scribe when he will predictably lament BC's placement in Worcester this March.
    I looked this up. That North Dakota team was 32-5-2 entering that game. Their best record since going 40-8 in 86-87. And the best team record wise until their 15-16 national title team. So that was a historically great UND team BC beat. Very similar to the Wisconsin scenario. They were 31-8-1 entering that game. Another historically great team record wise. The best Wisconsin team since 89-90.
    Last edited by J.D.; 02-21-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Ahaha I forgot about that one. That guy was a numbnuts and was known for his stupid penalties (Danny something?).
      The game BC had to win twice!

Comment

Ahaha I forgot about that one. That guy was a numbnuts and was known for his stupid penalties (Danny something?).
        Danny Dries....it was such a stupid play that it was almost hilarious
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Yea Matti gave up a dogcrap goal early in the game while he was out of his net but redeemed himself in OT by basically having the puck UNDER his skate blade on the goal line. Play was never stopped and somehow I'll never know but the puck stayed out of the net and eventually ended up in the corner or something as play continued. Ben Eaves came off the bench (from behind the bench where he was getting treatment for some sort of leg injury?) and batted his own rebound past Montoya after his initial shot rolled up into the air. Pretty legendary.
          I was down that end in Manchester and I believe J.D. Forrest had a role in that brink-of-death clear. If I recall correctly, he may have even shoved the puck out of harm's way backwards between his legs, akin to a football center on a long snap.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            The game BC had to win twice!
            was it an early whistle at a scrum? i don't remember that one

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              i'm trying to find a box score (uscho & bceagles leads to a dead link) but i remember muse bailing us out over and over in the OT (in the presser it has muse with 10 saves in the 12 minutes before whitney ended it).
              https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...80330/bc_/mia/

Adam Wodon is a dink but he runs a good site at CHN!

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              what a bizarre season that was. you have the nodak fogout, the team sitting at 3-4-5 heading into what was the traditional first weekend series vs bu, gerbe's first dive post game celebration to beat BU in the 1st round and exercise those demons, the 6-5 petrecki row the boat winner in the beanpot, the triple OT powerplay winner where UNH fans were ****ed that there was a penalty called when a UNH player broke his stick, threw it at a bc player and then submarined him.
              Not to mention the two dmen kicked off the team after I believe only playing in the season opener. With that, after losing Schneider and losing to an inferior MSU team...incredible to come back and win it in '08.

That play by Dries was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in a hockey game, let alone when you consider what was at stake. The ref had no choice but to call it. That kid ended up transferring to Ohio State to finish his career.

Comment

The UNH goalie, Kevin Regan, lost his helmet after a race for the puck but the play was not whistled dead. On review they saw he lost his mask which should be an automatic stoppage for player safety. So they overturned the goal. What sucked was that it had no bearing on the goal being scored. The collision that led to him losing his mask was not a penalty and it really was a deserved goal for BC but based on the rule it's not a goal. It was funny seeing Regan go full Ty Conklin meltdown after that play. Similar to Conklin's meltdown after a 3-2 comeback win for BC against Conklin's UNH at Conte during the 2001 national title season.

Comment

Ha yup.

I'm astonished Petrecki somehow managed to make it matching when he flat-out manhandled Ryan Jones 40 seconds into the game. I can't remember a friggin thing outside of BC hockey memories but somehow I remember these games like they were yesterday. Go figure.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So Miami was 33-7-1 going into that game. They were #2 in the PWR that year. Michigan was #1, impressive to have 1 and 2 from the same conference. That one and the two regional wins out West you brought up...three tremendous wins to advance to the FF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      Danny Dries....it was such a stupid play that it was almost hilarious
                      This. We weren’t ****ed that they called the penalty, we were ****ed at him for being stupid! He was later removed from the team for getting into a fight with a football player and ended up at Ohio State.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Not to mention the two dmen kicked off the team after I believe only playing in the season opener. With that, after losing Schneider and losing to an inferior MSU team...incredible to come back and win it in '08.

That play by Dries was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in a hockey game, let alone when you consider what was at stake. The ref had no choice but to call it. That kid ended up transferring to Ohio State to finish his career.
                        great find, alec martinez on that team! he got back at me by knocking my rangers out in '14

Ha yup.

I'm astonished Petrecki somehow managed to make it matching when he flat-out manhandled Ryan Jones 40 seconds into the game. I can't remember a friggin thing outside of BC hockey memories but somehow I remember these games like they were yesterday. Go figure.
                        randomly ran into nick petrecki last year at a dog park, he coaches hockey at my wife's high school

Comment

Here's that UNH game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6U6I1CLmhQ

The first BC game winner is at 4:45 mark.

The Dries penalty did not make this clip.

Comment

Yea Matti gave up a dogcrap goal early in the game while he was out of his net but redeemed himself in OT by basically having the puck UNDER his skate blade on the goal line. Play was never stopped and somehow I'll never know but the puck stayed out of the net and eventually ended up in the corner or something as play continued. Ben Eaves came off the bench (from behind the bench where he was getting treatment for some sort of leg injury?) and batted his own rebound past Montoya after his initial shot rolled up into the air. Pretty legendary.
                            That game was awesome. In fact the whole weekend was. I had visions of my father down in Florida chucking things around my grandparents' TV room after Matti pulled that Matti early in the game and then they trailed almost the whole way through. They didn't tie it up until around 4 minutes left in the third if memory serves me correctly. Then Ben Eaves in OT like Lazarus rising from the grave. You had to be there.

And the night before, my younger brother rode the group of UNH fans behind us so hard during the UNH-Michigan game that they ate their tickets and didn't show up the next day. It was both hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. Great memories though.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The attendance for that Michigan game is listed as 8,439. I wasn't there so who knows if this is accurate or not but that's a **** good crowd for Manchester with UNH not in the game. If BC and Michigan met again in Manchester these days you'd probably top out at 5k.

Comment

These are some great memories from some great teams. The Miami game was just amazing, the first shift Petricki went out and flattened their stud and he was not much of a factor the rest of the game and Muse saved them in the OT. At some point York in the OT calls a TO and told them your are playing not to lose, play to win. Everything changes with that timeout. The UNH game was another big one in my memory, they were down 4 to 0 early on and there is a BC PP. York calls time out gathers everyone together andm just like that Smith scores. Umile is left to stand there and fume over yet another collapse by UNH. Regan had some really tough goals scored against him that night and the OT winner was off a defenseman's stick.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-21-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X