Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    What is up with your football recruits?? Two of them have tweeted out their excitement about heading to Boston College University.
    You'd be surprised how many football recruits use this terminology on twitter when either making a commitment or more importantly when they announce they have received an offer.

It's odd. The only thing I can speculate is that when they are on campus they must be constantly reminded that it IS in fact a university and it has subconsciously conditioned them to add on university to the end of "Boston College". It doesn't really bother me, I just find it odd how it has manifested itself and if it is happening this often, I can only conclude it's a BC thing and not an isolated incident of one or two kids making a random mistake. Which really doesn't surprise me at all because that is just what BC does.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      You'd be surprised how many football recruits use this terminology on twitter when either making a commitment or more importantly when they announce they have received an offer.

It's odd. The only thing I can speculate is that when they are on campus they must be constantly reminded that it IS in fact a university and it has subconsciously conditioned them to add on university to the end of "Boston College". It doesn't really bother me, I just find it odd how it has manifested itself and if it is happening this often, I can only conclude it's a BC thing and not an isolated incident of one or two kids making a random mistake. Which really doesn't surprise me at all because that is just what BC does.
      Back when I was in high school, we had a star running back that was a dumb as a bag of rocks. When a few of us asked him one day (just before Signing Day) if he had made up his mind on where he was going to play college football, his reply was "The University of Boston College".
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

as long as they don’t call you needle d!ck
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

With the old plex torn down the new plex housed the Gridiron Club 🦅

It was nice but I don’t like them closing early

I don’t like to rush and gulping food down because they want to push people to the game which doesn’t matter because it’s usually bare in the stands anyway

🦅

Non BC fans don’t come because of parking restrictions or cost and tailgating is a joke at BC
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

They added an hour for tailgating this year. Doesn't matter for me since I can't get away with an all day tailgate and then a 4 hour game but nice for the fans who can. Cost you an arm and a leg for parking though.

What time did they close down before the game? I will be at the new plex for the Kansas game. The annual Friday night game they have now is usually the one I can go to. Schedule sets up nicely to start the year after winning the opener.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              They added an hour for tailgating this year. Doesn't matter for me since I can't get away with an all day tailgate and then a 4 hour game but nice for the fans who can. Cost you an arm and a leg for parking though.

What time did they close down before the game? I will be at the new plex for the Kansas game. The annual Friday night game they have now is usually the one I can go to. Schedule sets up nicely to start the year after winning the opener.
              Saturday’s game was 4 pm but to close around 3:15 pm is a bit early in my opinion

It only takes a few minutes to walk to the stadium from the new plex

I think 15 minutes before is better

This gives people more time to eat and drink and not rush
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

BC football 🏈 off at 2-0 and hopefully 3-0 next Friday vs Jayhawks

7:30 PM start time

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  BC football 🏈 off at 2-0 and hopefully 3-0 next Friday vs Jayhawks

7:30 PM start time
                  BC has a chance to win 10 games this year. KU, RU, Louisville, SU, FSU & Pitt are really struggling. BC has a terrific offense that can out score Wake. NC St is a real toss up.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                    BC has a chance to win 10 games this year. KU, RU, Louisville, SU, FSU & Pitt are really struggling. BC has a terrific offense that can out score Wake. NC St is a real toss up.

Go Eagles!
                    The only problem is the HC

BC can have a good record this year and go to a decent bowl but how many times have we’ve been disappointed ?

Good starts then at seasons end back to 7-5 and a disappointing bowl loss in a meaningless bowl

Ex wearing the wrong shoes in the pinstripe bowl and last year they go to a bowl and they don’t even play due to weather

Poor clock management and poor kicking game

How many missed PAT or missed FG ?

I could go on but let’s see if they can have a decent season

Comment

21 point favorites over Kansas

Comment

that's all?!?!

ku is pu!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          that's all?!?!

ku is pu!
                          Had no idea who CCU is until I looked it up but KU losing to Coastal Carolina 12-7 is bad

but Louisville and Wake could be tough games for BC

Comment

From Neutral Zone - "4.5⭐️ Cam Macdonald to BC. Wants the puck & is capable of creating offense w/his slick hands or superb vision. Poised/responsible in his end at 6'2" 180lbs. NHL upside as he is constantly a factor. "A" grade in all but one NZ report. Hockey Player" '03 who should arrive in 2021. Big time pick up for the Eagles!

Comment

After last night’s horrid game, I honestly can’t see BC having a winning record this year. There’s every likelihood that the kids saw they were favored by 21 and figured they didn’t even need to try. Which, in fact, ended up being the case.
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                                After last night’s horrid game, I honestly can’t see BC having a winning record this year. There’s every likelihood that the kids saw they were favored by 21 and figured they didn’t even need to try. Which, in fact, ended up being the case.
                                That’s not a good excuse especially Addazio

He is what he is and we’re stuck with him because the authorities above are ok with mediocrity meaning the trustees and president

AD meanwhile either has no power to can him or hasn’t the courage to fire him

BC Athletics has over the years deteriorated since Defillppo

Look also at basketball

When was the last time they were relevant ?

Hopefully hockey will recover this year 🦅

Comment

Working...
                                X