Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1001

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

  1. #721
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    the '10-'11 team was filthy. as you said just had a crappy night in a city of horrors. i think i have successfully blocked out most of that game from memory (remember scoring early thinking alright here we go, and then after a CC onslaught scoring in thinking we're starting to turn it around) but does anyone remember much of what went wrong that game?

  2. #722
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Just a calamity of errors. Muse wasn't great, BC was not prepared for CC's top line (specifically Jaden Schwartz). Or if they were, they just got outclassed. He was drafted by the Blues so he put on a show for them! I also remember multiple if not numerous breakaways for CC including at least one shorthanded breakaway.

  3. #723
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    the 5 forward powerplay unit!

  4. #724
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
    the 5 forward powerplay unit!
    Yea, we got Whitney'd that night. It worked most nights... just not that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  5. #725
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    then york would roll out the 2nd unit with 3 first round forwards. that team was ridiculous

  6. #726
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Boston
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    The 10-11 (30-8-1) team was a lot like the 86-87 (31-8-0) team in that they both were dominant teams with early exits. I believe the 86-87 team may not have played at BC because of the demolition of McHugh but not sure if that year it was just for the playoffs or the whole season. They were stifled by Minnesota goalie John Blue in a 2 game total goals series. On that team were Craig Janney, Brian Leetch, Kevin Stevens, Dan Shea, Ken Hodge, Tim Sweeney, Greg Brown and David Littman among others. 4 of them had 28 or more goals that year.

  7. #727
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    134

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    The 10-11 (30-8-1) team was a lot like the 86-87 (31-8-0) team in that they both were dominant teams with early exits. I believe the 86-87 team may not have played at BC because of the demolition of McHugh but not sure if that year it was just for the playoffs or the whole season. They were stifled by Minnesota goalie John Blue in a 2 game total goals series. On that team were Craig Janney, Brian Leetch, Kevin Stevens, Dan Shea, Ken Hodge, Tim Sweeney, Greg Brown and David Littman among others. 4 of them had 28 or more goals that year.
    BC was on the road the entire '86-87 and '87-88 seasons while Conte Forum was being built where McHugh Forum once stood. Home games played at BU, Harvard and Northeastern those two years.
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

  8. #728
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    6,006

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Back to hockey here for a moment.

    - I was surprised with the physicality that BC showed last weekend. There were some big hits right off the bat and it set the tone for the entire weekend.
    - McPhee was chirping like a songbird on Friday night. He was playing the instigator role perfectly. If he can keep that up and be smart about it without giving opponents a power play, I like it.
    - McBain continues to progress. He's skating with a lot of confidence.
    - They've done well with Giles out of the lineup. I think he strengthens it but given how well he had been playing lately, there was concern it could sink the season but it feels like maybe that has been debunked.

    It feels like ages ago when the team started out the season having a real big penalty problem. They've done a good job of keeping that under control the past few months (aside from the gd Pot). If it gets out of control, it's end of season pretty soon in the one-and-done format. Stay out of the box and not many teams are going to have fun against them.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-25-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  9. #729
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    I think Giles worked well with McLaughlin and helped the PK. I think it was more that they couldn't afford to lose anyone else after that. Really instead of 4 lines I am confident in it's 3 now...which is fine. Walker kinda bugs me. Too many penalties for the amount of ice time he gets.

    If the current 3rd line can play like they have recently that's a big development. And then you have Rasanen on 4th line ready to move up the lineup if needed.

  10. #730
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    117

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Giles is a real loss no doubt, hard to see Rasanen on the 4th line, too good too experienced to have limited ice time. I agree on Walker he takes too many penalties. Rasanen is very good on the PK (his shorty last week end was a nice boost for him) and face offs late in the game. I do like Greco's motor, he never stops skating and is pesky on the PK. Big change over the last few games is the play of the Freshmen line, they are rolling and they are just learning to play with each other.

  11. #731
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I think Giles worked well with McLaughlin and helped the PK. I think it was more that they couldn't afford to lose anyone else after that. Really instead of 4 lines I am confident in it's 3 now...which is fine. Walker kinda bugs me. Too many penalties for the amount of ice time he gets.

    If the current 3rd line can play like they have recently that's a big development. And then you have Rasanen on 4th line ready to move up the lineup if needed.
    just clicking around i noticed this which is more to you guy's point on Giles. 8-1-1 (8-2) when he plays and 13-7 when he doesnt
    *****

  12. #732
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Not surprised by that. Not that he's a great player but I think he did help the PK and just helped solidify a 4th line you could confidently throw out there for a regular shift. Although now it looks like they may have something brewing with the current 3rd line.

  13. #733
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Not surprised by that. Not that he's a great player but I think he did help the PK and just helped solidify a 4th line you could confidently throw out there for a regular shift. Although now it looks like they may have something brewing with the current 3rd line.
    I would move Rasanen up to the 3rd line and drop McPhee to the 4th line. I think that would give us a 3rd line as good as the first and second and certainly better than any 3rd line in the East, maybe the country.

    Go Eagles!

  14. #734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    I would move Rasanen up to the 3rd line and drop McPhee to the 4th line. I think that would give us a 3rd line as good as the first and second and certainly better than any 3rd line in the East, maybe the country.

    Go Eagles!
    Outstanding stick skills over that series. Wow. Different team now... hitting their stride evidently.

  15. #735
    My bad.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    2,698

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    This game could have been 5-0 or 6-0 after the first period. Boldy is really feeling it. Gonna be tough to deal with having 3 lines rolling like this.

  16. #736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    This game could have been 5-0 or 6-0 after the first period. Boldy is really feeling it. Gonna be tough to deal with having 3 lines rolling like this.
    Empty seats. I get it is a Thursday game... but come on. Top five team in the country. Sad.

  17. #737
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Drop the f---ing puck.

  18. #738
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Drop the f---ing puck.
    Now they need run bottom boys. Save energy. This game was done within the first five to ten minutes.

  19. #739
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    413

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    Testa first game as ref since call in beanpot against BU

  20. #740
    *****
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #notagrinder
    Posts
    2,359

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

    complete domination, now just go through the motions and avoid injury for next 30 min

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •