Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Also #7 is a liability with his turnovers and inability to make the right plays
    Had a rough night. Thought he was worse than 3. He has more upside and has great games at times but consistency is a struggle as it is with most D1 players.

They're trying. Feel gutted for them. Maybe a pep talk from Gionta in two weeks can get them in a good place mentally.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Less of Moore, Moore of Warren. The penalty by No 3 was just plain awful, on the PP, in the offensive zone and BC has the puck. How could you take that penalty in the middle of the ice. Just prior to that they were in complete control of the game. It still seems that when BC plays BU in the Garden something bad happens, seems to be every time. For the first time I felt that Hustko and Cotton tried to do too much on their own. Also it seems that the 4th line disappeared in the third period, was Giles reinjured ? I think the top line was completely gassed in the OT. This was a very disheartening loss, no putting a good spin on this.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        also not the reason we lost at all, should never be in that position (stephen a smith voice) HOWEVA, it was hilarious when BC was breaking in 4 on 2 in OT and BU has players randomly jumping onto the ice to break up the rush. you do you HE.
        I was wondering about that. Caron and Jaffee seemed to comment on that but then they showed a photo/graphic that had 6 BC guys on the ice, so I was confused. And I'm all for letting them play, but I thought the take down of Mastrosimone in OT should have been called, especially after BC was given a power play right after BU took the lead (not saying it wasn't a legit penalty call, but you either decide to make calls that are there that could truly impact a game, or you don't).

You guys will be fine. Lots of talent and Jerry has them in the right frame of mind. Until the comeback started, I was just thinking about how much better as a team they were playing than BU.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Was reminiscent of the Roy breakaway in a Beanpot/HE tourney game at the Garden... 5 on 5 in the NU zone, BC is buzzing, NU finally clears it and Roy legit jumps off the bench as a 6th player and grabs the puck and goes in for a breakaway. Luckily it was saved by Milner(?) … who knows what would have happened had it gone in and if it was even reviewable.
          great memory. might've been demko, 2014 beanpot? they all blend in

@defkit yeah that was weird. might've been part of them just rightfully dumping on the officiating all night (though the first game with the reviews was a lot worse)? i remember seeing bc break across the redline 4-2 clean and randomly some defender jumps on, thinking i'm seeing something until caron and jaffe are similarly voice what the f did i just see. surprised they never showed it.

Comment

Given the last few years, if this ends up just being a very good team and not a great team I will still take it. Gotta start somewhere.

With that said, you closed out a great win at UMass and in between that you blew multiple goal leads at home to Maine and neutral ice to BU. BC *should* have won last night. Shades of previous Beanpot disappointments.

The offense is clearly there. I think Knight is there but if I am being honest, has he had to stand on his head for this team? No. Is he making the big saves with the game on the line? Doesn't look that way. The OT record is a concern because you're gonna have games like that in the postseason. Still a very good team but they appear to lack the killer instinct to put a game away and I wonder if doubt starts to creep in when these games get tight.

Comment

With TV timeouts I am not surprised they went to 3 line. Walker might be seen as a liability.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                With TV timeouts I am not surprised they went to 3 line. Walker might be seen as a liability.
                Moore has been playing poorly for a month. We need to roll 4-5 defensemen in the last 10 minutes of games. Sit 3 & 7. I’ actually like #2, he just needs consistent playing time. We need his size especially around our own net.

I couldn’t agree more about the offense not creating chances throughout most of the game. I really like MCLaughlin and Giles combo especially for a 4th line, but I would love to see MCLaughlin with Boldy. It might be just what gets Boldy going.

Facilities: BC looked at building a 4,000 seat rink, but the cost was too high. They also looked at building just a b-ball arena, but again it was way too expensive, 300 million too expensive. The plan now is to build first class practice facilities for hockey and hoops just like football has and baseball is opening in August. This makes very good sense to me. If a new arena for hoops was 150 million, I would build a new arena, but not at 300 million. I do question a new arena costing 300 million, but regardless both new arena ideas are dead.

I think they should build a combo practice facility for hoops and hockey where they can share weight and training rooms. Put it next to the new rec center (Connell). Renovations to Conte and Alumni will come later.

Go Eagles!

Comment

A 4,000 seat rink? I'm in on a smaller new rink but 4,000 would be too small. Conte itself is still a very good venue, it's just become too big for the crowds they have been getting most games. And I would also question a new arena costing 300 million. Pegula Ice Arena cost 88m. Compton Arena at ND was 50m. Although when I look up Agganis it says 225m...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    A 4,000 seat rink? I'm in on a smaller new rink but 4,000 would be too small. Conte itself is still a very good venue, it's just become too big for the crowds they have been getting most games. And I would also question a new arena costing 300 million. Pegula Ice Arena cost 88m. Compton Arena at ND was 50m. Although when I look up Agganis it says 225m...wow.
                    The $225 million cost was for the entire John Hancock Student Village Complex, which includes Agganis Arena, the Boston University Fitness and Recreation Center and the student residences at 10 Buick Street. The cost of Agganis Arena and the parking garage under it was $98 million.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Thanks. I don't know what BC had in mind but a new arena can quite clearly be done for under $100 million.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Thanks. I don't know what BC had in mind but a new arena can quite clearly be done for under $100 million.
                        Was there a land purchase involved in that $300M price tag for a new bball arena? I don't know what kind of $150-200 million land exists in Newton, but that's all I got.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

TD Garden would be $268 million in today’s dollars if Wikipedia is correct.

I took in the Duke game last night and I’m not sure I see the need for a new arena at least from a fans perspective. Conte is still really pretty nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I took in the Duke game last night and I’m not sure I see the need for a new arena at least from a fans perspective. Conte is still really pretty nice.
                            I’m sure it would be significantly more. For something like that you can’t take the early 90’s cost and adjust for inflation.

4,000 would be perfect for a rink at BC. You would create a lot more demand for tickets and even the games that aren’t as attractive would still be reasonably full.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

You're right, they have kept Conte in pretty good shape. I think the reason a new arena has been talked about is because they do run into a lot of scheduling issues with two basketball teams and two hockey teams needing time. Even just a new practice facility would help alleviate this. I have to say that BU has a great situation where the women's hockey team plays at WBA and the basketball team still plays elsewhere, right? I know Agganis has other events throughout the year but doesn't seem like any of that conflicts with men's hockey.

Comment

4,000 is a little too small. If they ever did that, ticket prices would most certainly sky rocket. When I look at BU, the 6,000+ has been tough for them to fill most nights. With that in mind I think my ideal hockey arena for BC would be around 5,500.

Comment

Working...
                                X