Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That Hardman play started by him knocking a defender on his *** in the corner and then he got to the front of the net. He has a real good skill set and has really clicked with Rasanen. Rasanen now has equaled his goal total for the previous two years combined. Hardman and Newhook helping bring the best out of him.

4th line really solidified with return of Giles and dropping McLaughlin to 4th line center. I know we have criticized the coaches in recent years but they made some good lineup adjustments when they struggled early in the year.
    I thought it was Rasanen that basically took down 2 UVM players in the corner before eventually beating both back to the crease and scoring the goal. Did Hardman have a big hit right before that? I'm struggling to remember the sequence. They just bullied UVM and took their lunch money on that play.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I only saw the highlights but there were 4 guys in the corner. Rasanen might have hit someone too but I am pretty sure Hardman went right to the net after dumping his man.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I only saw the highlights but there were 4 guys in the corner. Rasanen might have hit someone too but I am pretty sure Hardman went right to the net after dumping his man.
        Hardman is 20 years old. We needed to get older and he is just the type of 20 year old freshman that we needed and need one every year. Greco is 24 years. This is a team in every sense of the word.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Last year, I pretty much knew how the game would end even if it's a close game.

But with a much better offence and improved defence they can actually get points this weekend.

This is their chance to climb up HE with games in hand.

Hopefully they'll avoid unnecessary penalties and play smart and see if they deserve their high ranking right now.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I took the trial for CBS All-Access. I got the game on my laptop but the screen is the size of an iphone screen. Can't expand at all. Is that the norm?

Comment

Originally posted by paulfb View Post
              I took the trial for CBS All-Access. I got the game on my laptop but the screen is the size of an iphone screen. Can't expand at all. Is that the norm?
              lol, its amazing. Ive not had that happen but ive experienced a slew of problems including last night , just buying the freaking feed. Excellent game, Lindberg just stonewalled us. If we play that way tonight we should be ok. 6705 at Conte

Comment

Ya, can't win em all. But even in defeat they played a good game. Bad turnover by Hutsko on first UMass goal and then on the game winner, a BC player had a chance to corral the puck in slot and he couldn't control it. Ends up on a UMass stick and ultimately in the net. Not much puck luck. Probably the two best teams in the league.

Comment

Lindberg was the difference, BC had the terriorial edge in period 1 and 2. The 3rd UMA stepped up their compete level and they won a lot of one on one battles. BC had a lot of really good chances but Lindberg got in front of them. Newhook made a real good move to get free and score, Hustko gets the assist on the first UMA goal.
                  It was a good game, Umasss is a solid team and will win a lot of games. Knight was solid, first goal was a breakaway, he read it right just slid under the pads. Second goal was the result of some helter skelter defense that left Gaudet along on the side of the net. You could feel the goal coming because Umass was getting a lot of Ozone time. Tonight should be a good one with a better outcome for BC.
                  Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-11-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    Lindberg was the difference, BC had the terriorial edge in period 1 and 2. The 3rd UMA stepped up their compete level and they won a lot of one on one battles. BC had a lot of really good chances but Lindberg got in front of them. Newhook made a real good move to get free and score, Hustko gets the assist on the first UMA goal.
                    It was a good game, Umasss is a solid team and will win a lot of games. Knight was solid, first goal was a breakaway, he read it right just slid under the pads. Second goal was the result of some helter skelter defense that left Gaudet along on the side of the net. You could feel the goal coming because Umass was getting a lot of Ozone time. Tonight should be a good one with a better outcome for BC.
                    It should have been 1-1 by end of regulation but that turnover or bad pass by Matilla on the UMass blue line was the difference

Need a split tonight at their rink
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

2-1 BC at the end of 1. BC was fortunate to stay in the game, the first 12 minutes was all Umass. PP goal by Cotton, then nice feed to Hardman from Rassanen. Need to get more Ozone time in the second and keep Umass from setting up. Knight was very good and Lindberg robbed Finkelstein on the door step. Another good game.

Comment

5-2 BC, Boldy, Warren and Finkelstein, one PP at the end of 2. BC capitalized on their chances. I am really impressed with the compete level by Umass, look like the toughest team to play against in HE. They control the puck really well and win a lot of one on one battles. Need a solid 3rd period and try and keep the puck out of the defensive zone. Need at least one more to feel comfortable. Great to see Boldy score, really nice shot. He had a really nice assist on the Warren score as well.

Comment

Nice comeback win 6-3 final , Hustko PP. Needed that bounceback.

Comment

well done guys and Boldy a goal and a helper. Only a matter of time for him and when he does, watch out.

Comment

After Boldy's goal he reached over his head and then threw his arm forward, symbolic of throwing the monkey off his back I think. He has been snake bitten so far but he and Newhook are legit and now in the second half of the year they will bring the offense along in a big way. Buckle up I think it is going to be a fun ride.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                                After Boldy's goal he reached over his head and then threw his arm forward, symbolic of throwing the monkey off his back I think. He has been snake bitten so far but he and Newhook are legit and now in the second half of the year they will bring the offense along in a big way. Buckle up I think it is going to be a fun ride.
                                I saw that move and was curious as to what it meant. It looked like he was tugging at his number but now I think you got it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X