Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Saw that Newhook was cut from Canadian national junior team
    Not a surprise as they really dislike American college players
    Only keep them when far superior to those playing in Canada (Makar)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      Helleson and Warren have been HUGE additions and have played a very large role in BC's turnaround.
      If they’re short on D due to the junior games or injuries Andres has to be the depth on D
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        If they’re short on D due to the junior games or injuries Andres has to be the depth on D
        I thought Andres looked impressive in the exhibition game.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          I thought Andres looked impressive in the exhibition game.
          Agree and I thought he would get more playing time than he has

Hopefully football has a good hire, Daz should have gone 3 years ago after losing to GT in Dublin
          I was there, BC had the lead with about 5 minutes left and the loser runs thee ball up the middle 3 times and gives Tech plenty of time to score the winner
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

He has moved on and so should we. At least we don't have to pay him for the final year of his contract. Turn the page and Jarmond needs to find a BB coach. Men's Hockey is fine thank you very much and all the folks that thought JY was losing it are rethinking the state of the program right now. He wants one more Nattie and I think if they have a chance this year is it. It is a stretch right now. Next year they lose a lot in the senior class. This team should win 25 games at least, but not sure how far they will go in the post season. Need Hustsko and Knight to stay healthy. Fun team to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
              He has moved on and so should we. At least we don't have to pay him for the final year of his contract. Turn the page and Jarmond needs to find a BB coach. Men's Hockey is fine thank you very much and all the folks that thought JY was losing it are rethinking the state of the program right now. He wants one more Nattie and I think if they have a chance this year is it. It is a stretch right now. Next year they lose a lot in the senior class. This team should win 25 games at least, but not sure how far they will go in the post season. Need Hustsko and Knight to stay healthy. Fun team to watch.
              If they replace this senior with another quality class then it’s not a problem except Cotton is the diamond

A lot of people think with the exception of Cotton this is the last of the deadwood of the last few seasons

Certainly a few of these guys are easily replaced but hopefully these seniors are rejuvenated with the talent of the freshman class and some of the sophomores like Giles, McBain and McLaughlin etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                all the folks that thought JY was losing it are rethinking the state of the program right now.
                Let's slow this train down right now and park it in the station. A postseason trophy hasn't made its way home to Chestnut Hill since 2012 and we're about to turn the calendar to 2020. And while you'd like to convince yourself this team's record is an indicator that Jerry York is or isn't back (or whether he left at all), in reality it doesn't have any bearing on the subject from a logical standpoint.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

ps - So glad that born loser Addazio is gone and that everyone was able to do the right thing (not sure why we even give these guys credit for doing the obvious that they have been failing to do for so long) and get whatever financial support was necessary to hire a real coach. Looking forward to BC football maybe being fun again. I suggest making a small donation to the Flynn Fund this week to show the support for Jarmond and Hafley.

pps - Colorado State hired Addazio. LOL. A little too much pot smoke out there I think.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Uh they went to the FF in 14 and 16. You don't win it every time you go. I am in the camp the JY never left, I said it might be a stretch to get far in the post season and they have to stay away from injuries to key players. Unlike last year we have a team that is fun to watch and root for and that is exactly what I am going to do.

Comment

I've never been one to go 'off' on the football coaches. Instead, I think the biggest mistake BC ever made was to join the ACC simply for the dollars it would generate. BC never has and never will attract marquee talent in basketball and football. Those kids (to no one's surprise) end up elsewhere. And while the coffers may be full of ACC dollars, the on-field and on-court products suffer. A 'good' season for BC football is an appearance at some mediocre bowl. A 'good' season for BC basketball is just making the NCAAs.

In the end, I'm a whole lot quicker to point the finger at the AD's (Chet Gladchuck et al) for this current situation than at the coaches.

To use the Bill Parcells metaphor, BC just can't get its hands on good groceries.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      ps - So glad that born loser Addazio is gone and that everyone was able to do the right thing (not sure why we even give these guys credit for doing the obvious that they have been failing to do for so long) and get whatever financial support was necessary to hire a real coach. Looking forward to BC football maybe being fun again. I suggest making a small donation to the Flynn Fund this week to show the support for Jarmond and Hafley.

pps - Colorado State hired Addazio. LOL. A little too much pot smoke out there I think.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        I've never been one to go 'off' on the football coaches. Instead, I think the biggest mistake BC ever made was to join the ACC simply for the dollars it would generate. BC never has and never will attract marquee talent in basketball and football. Those kids (to no one's surprise) end up elsewhere. And while the coffers may be full of ACC dollars, the on-field and on-court products suffer. A 'good' season for BC football is an appearance at some mediocre bowl. A 'good' season for BC basketball is just making the NCAAs.

In the end, I'm a whole lot quicker to point the finger at the AD's (Chet Gladchuck et al) for this current situation than at the coaches.

To use the Bill Parcells metaphor, BC just can't get its hands on good groceries.
                        There’s actually no argument I hate more than this one. In hindsight, BC was actually smart to get into the ACC when they did. The programs would be dead if they were in the AAC or MAC. If they had the coaching when Jags or TOB was here, they would’ve won 9-11 games the past 2 years. Addazio went from a guy trying to build something to someone who had an excuse for everything. At the end of it he turned into a whiny baby and nothing was ever his fault. Imagine if York complained every year his team was too young, he’d have been complaining for 20 years

Did BC go after the money at the time? Sure. But if you think the fan base is tuned out now, it’d be 5x worse if they were in the AAC or MAC.

Huge fan of the Hafley hire. Maybe it won’t work out but at least they didn’t hire someone’s buddy and took a shot at a young up and coming coach with something to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post

I don't buy this argument at all. If you don't like where things are now, I fear to think how unhappy you'd be if they hadn't jumped when they did. Would you like football being the equivalent of UConn's football program? That's where they'd be.

In retrospect, though nobody knew it at the time, the die was cast decades ago in 1982 when the Big East turned down Penn State. I can't help but think with Penn State in, Miami never would have looked to jump, and the Big East would have stayed viable as a football conference. C'est la vie.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                          BU - 2

Comment

Were if and buts candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day. They need some kind of shot in the arm to bring people back to the games, Daz wasn't doing it. Perhaps the new coach can do it. I actually think getting fans to come back to basketball is much more difficult. Hard to think they will ever be more the middle of the pack in the ACC, and that may be true of FB as well. Hard for a private Catholic school to compete on a national level with the state universities. ND does it well but BC is not ND. When we had a decent FB program we could beat ND but not now. The difference between BC and ND this year was painful, the gap was obvious. BC BB will not get to respectability until there is a new coach, sad to say but it is time to turn the page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post

BC is one of the reasons the ACC expanded in the first place. They desperately needed TV markets and an expanded footprint. You can’t have an Atlantic Coast Conference without Boston.

The ACC is down in football and most of the programs are at the level of BC. A good coach can put BC in top 4-5 programs in the ACC. The same is true in hoops, it all starts with good coaching. BC has lacked good coaching since Gary Williams and Tom Coughlin. They have built up the facilities and fully funded the coaching staff.

BC football is going to fun to watch under Hafley.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                                BC is one of the reasons the ACC expanded in the first place. They desperately needed TV markets and an expanded footprint. You can’t have an Atlantic Coast Conference without Boston.

The ACC is down in football and most of the programs are at the level of BC. A good coach can put BC in top 4-5 programs in the ACC. The same is true in hoops, it all starts with good coaching. BC has lacked good coaching since Gary Williams and Tom Coughlin. They have built up the facilities and fully funded the coaching staff.

BC football is going to fun to watch under Hafley.

Go Eagles!
                                Hopefully it will be, for the five years or so he's here. If he is successful at BC, he will use it as a stepping stone to move on to greener pastures. And I'm okay with that. BC fans in general should be. BC football is NOT a destination job and never will be. What they should have been doing to whole time is finding guys like this and if he's successful and leaves after five seasons, you go out and find the next one. Rinse and repeat.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                                BU - 2

Comment

Working...
                                X