Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. 😂
    yup this is true though i cant claim fat, It was a snipe in fact! Then the phone dies when BU had the 6 X 4 and i missed the end

My bad.

Yea that goal was a laser. Kind of impressed Knight even got a piece of it.

When you take into account the great saucer pass into the middle and the fact he one-timed it, that is a sick play at the college level.

It was a terrrific game, crowd that was into it, emotional game for both teams, high level talent on both sides and yes some serious miscues on both ends. Punch, counter punch and the knock out on an effort play by Cotton and Matilla and a little puck luck for BC. The last 4 minutes was hair on fire hockey and BU was close several times to batting it in. Mcphe takes bonehead penalty, again in the offensive zone, JY sat him for 1 or 2 shifts but he needs to be on the ice with that big body. The penalty on Finkelstein was legit, but again it was a wild last 4 minutes. Cockerill was barking at Hutsko, not sure why he clearly cross checked him into the ice, then Hutsko takes off his glove and waves bye bye as Cockerill heads into the box, was close to taunting. Scott Hansen would have called it. Speaking of Hutsko, what a talent, he was all over the ice and logged a lot of minutes. BU was lucky it wasn't 4-1 after 1, Matilla and Hutsko both had break aways but both went wide on the blocker side. BU D cleaned it up in the second period and it was much more even and the third was pretty even, Cotton and Matilla keep the play alive on the GWG, they were on the ice a long time but there was a TV time out in there so they had a chance to catch their breath. PP goal on the McPhee penalty, oof but it was a real snipe. I think Knight saw it and just glanced off his glove. It would have been a great save but I am guessing he would like that back, just like Tucker wants the second BC goal back. Knight did make some serious glove saves at the end, one on Zengras. It was nice to see the handshake line, even though it is a bitter rivalry there is a lot of respect for each other. Knight and Zengras were particularly congratulatory and looked like they were complimenting one another. BC BU like the old days. Beanpot should be fun, buckle up
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-19-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DNAEagle View Post
    It was a terrrific game, crowd that was into it, emotional game for both teams, high level talent on both sides and yes some serious miscues on both ends. Punch, counter punch and the knock out on an effort play by Cotton and Matilla and a little puck luck for BC. The last 4 minutes was hair on fire hockey and BU was close several times to batting it in. Mcphe takes bonehead penalty, again in the offensive zone, JY sat him for 1 or 2 shifts but he needs to be on the ice with that big body. The penalty on Finkelstein was legit, but again it was a wild last 4 minutes. Cockerill was barking at Hutsko, not sure why he clearly cross checked him into the ice, then Hutsko takes off his glove and waves bye bye as Cockerill heads into the box, was close to taunting. Scott Hansen would have called it. Speaking of Hutsko, what a talent, he was all over the ice and logged a lot of minutes. BU was lucky it wasn't 4-1 after 1, Matilla and Hutsko both had break aways but both went wide on the blocker side. BU D cleaned it up in the second period and it was much more even and the third was pretty even, Cotton and Matilla keep the play alive on the GWG, they were on the ice a long time but there was a TV time out in there so they had a chance to catch their breath. PP goal on the McPhee penalty, oof but it was a real snipe. I think Knight saw it and just glanced off his glove. It would have been a great save but I am guessing he would like that back, just like Tucker wants the second BC goal back. Knight did make some serious glove saves at the end, one on Zengras. It was nice to see the handshake line, even though it is a bitter rivalry there is a lot of respect for each other. Knight and Zengras were particularly congratulatory and looked like they were complimenting one another. BC BU like the old days. Beanpot should be fun, buckle up
    Connor Moore was very indecisive with the puck last night. It led to the 3rd BU goal when he had plenty of time to clear the zone. He also made poor decisions on the power play. Very uncharacteristic of him.

Go Eagles!

I looked at the scoring goals on line and the goal by Harper was a excellent play, drop pass to Harper curling off the half wall and into the slot. A rifle shot,Knight had no chance. The third goal by Curry was equally impressive, a pass into the slot and a one timer. It did deflect slightly off of Knight's glove but it would have been a miracle to catch it. Just tip your hat and say great shot. In the first period BU was hunting Hustko, who can blame them, they were hitting him every time he came on the ice. He had a goal, a breakaway that he missed on, a couple of other good chances and drew 2 minutes on Cockerill. I think they decided that was not going to work, they played him pretty much straight up for the rest of the game. Scored again on a nice feed from Mattila and was right at the top of the crease on the GWG. BC's top line did the Terriers in and the top line was the scoring line for BU. Just a real good hockey game with the best outcome.

They're in a good place right now.

Hopefully they'll get those injured players back soon

Next goal is to take points at home against Maine

Unlike last year, they don't have to rely on Cotton to get their offence

There's more depth and balance now
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Not sure when the best time is to start analyzing the PWR, but one thing that has stood out to me when looking at RPI is you have a decent gap currently separating BC/Denver from 1-3 and then a decent gap after BC/Denver. A lot can change but one thing to keep in mind this year is that Denver is hosting a regional in Loveland, CO. So while you never know how it's going to shake out with attendance considerations etc BC very well could be looking at a return trip to Colorado in March. And from monitoring this recently, the top three have been in place for a while and BC/Denver after that. In fact, even with a higher RPI, BC still hasn't been able to pass Denver because of the head-to-head component.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Not sure when the best time is to start analyzing the PWR, but one thing that has stood out to me when looking at RPI is you have a decent gap currently separating BC/Denver from 1-3 and then a decent gap after BC/Denver. A lot can change but one thing to keep in mind this year is that Denver is hosting a regional in Loveland, CO. So while you never know how it's going to shake out with attendance considerations etc BC very well could be looking at a return trip to Colorado in March. And from monitoring this recently, the top three have been in place for a while and BC/Denver after that. In fact, even with a higher RPI, BC still hasn't been able to pass Denver because of the head-to-head component.
    That's why it's very important for BC to jump into a 1 seed position by the end of the year if possible. The NCAA will go out of its way to keep them East if they're a 1 seed. They won't go so far out of their way if they are not. And yes, complicated by the fact that a host Denver stays where they are regardless. Really wish they could have found a way to split that series in Denver.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

This is a candidate for worst 20 minutes of the season. BC thought this game was over after the first.

My bad.

That’s one of the worst periods of hockey I’ve ever seen BC play going back to about pre-1997.

They had one good shift with a minute to go. One good shift the entire period!

Should have been up more than 2 after the first and then mailed that period in. Couldn't get a big save from Knight either like Swayman did for Maine towards end of the first.

Swayman shutting the door and now most likely a major against Walker

Not what you're looking for from a guy who is only playing due to Giles being injured

Even some great shorthanded chances but just can't solve Swayman

“Do we need more than two goals to beat these guys or nah?”

Gotta give it to Swayman he's been great

OT. Probably deserved for this crazy game.

McInnis loses the battle behind the net, ballgame.

My bad.

When you play THAT bad for basically 19 consecutive minutes you have no business winning the game. That being said they easily “won” the first and third periods. I’m ok with a bad period just not one like that.

A lot of other teams lost tonight.

Encouraged they killed that penalty (didn’t really like that call) and then tied it. Defense still worries me.

That's why it's clear to me they thought the game was over after one. Up 2-0 and should have been more. Sure they lost in OT but the game was really lost in the 2nd. York talked about playing 60 minutes after the game. Tomorrow is key now. Need a good response.

Thread Information