Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Yes those are positive developments

Comment

I’m pretty sure we just saw the worst 4 minutes in the history of BC hockey. Not surprised with a sweep given the opponent and lack of Hutsko. Shocked to see the sheer stupidity of taking a minor penalty every few minutes like clockwork over 4 games and seeing them completely unravel like this.

Hope they learn from this.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Good response from that point on at least. Disappointed they didn't get something out of this weekend but penalties absolutely killed them. Hopefully Hutsko is ready to go soon. These two games should help them in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Good response from that point on at least. Disappointed they didn't get something out of this weekend but penalties absolutely killed them. Hopefully Hutsko is ready to go soon. These two games should help them in the long run.
          They just need time to learn how to play as a cohesive unit. Special teams need major work, but the talent is there to be very good. I would like to see Mitch Anders in the next few games. We need his size on D. Also, they have to find someone to play with Newhook and Boldy other than McPhee. We need a role player that will get those two the puck. When Hutsko gets back this team will be tough to beat in HEA. Big game against PC.

Go Eagles!

Comment

If McPhee can't hang with those guys maybe you try McBain or Hardman

Comment

Missed the first home game, looking foward to Friday. Two close games against the a top team in their barn without one of their first liners. Would have been great to get a point but it was a good learning experience for the Freshmen, which is why JY schedules these games. Need to get after it on Friday. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                Still believe he is better than your current QB......
                This post didn't age well.

The kid from Andover can't stop throwing interceptions in the Ivy League and the BC starter got hurt vs UL and the backup has acquitted himself reasonably well, almost pulling out a road win in relief and beating NC State. So reasonably this kid from Andover would 4th string and basically a D1 waterboy. He made the right move heading over to Brown. Education upgrade and he was never going to play here anyway. The other kid that transferred out is a walking disaster at Rutgers (0 TDs, 5 INTs, 48.3%).
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Regarding this weekend's results...

- Penalties penalties penalties. A lot of stupid lazy penalties. A LOT. These two games were pretty winnable albeit in a tough environment. Maybe some lazy penalties can be attributed to lack of oxygen at altitude and not moving the feet enough? Hopefully. Pretty soon we're going to need to see some accountability. Friday was a de-facto 1-0 loss due to a PPG on a 5-min PP. Saturday, tough to figure. The game was over 4 minutes into the 2nd if we're honest but they

- I'm a big fan of Greco's but to take a penalty in a one-goal game with 2 minutes left... I mean Jesus Christ smarten up. He knew it too, you could see he knew when he sat in the box. This has been somewhat of a pattern the past few years under York as well (the penalties in the last two minutes). Can we just play smart hockey and let the skill settle the score at the end of the night? We never used to be so dumb but the last 5 years or so have been brutal with the bad penalties, etc. Do we have a sports psychologist with all this ACC money?

- I was shocked to see Knight completely unhinged there while his team disappeared for a brief stretch. It was like watching Mike Ayers in a Frozen Four without the bottle throwing and temper tantrums. Hopefully he can stand in and weather the storm while the team gets going more often than not. Needed it the other night but it didn't happen.

- Hutsko clearly is a huge cog in the machine. Duh. It showed last year how things fell into place when he got back and got hot. It showed this weekend without him again. Gotta get him back and keep him healthy.

- The first 4 games on the schedule may prove to be a real difficult stretch by the end of the season so to be 2-2 isn't terrible. Colgate and Wisconsin don't seem too shabby.

- The adversity of a road environment like this, losing Hutsko, etc... gives the coaches chances to try some things and hopefully evaluate a little more than normal so hopefully in a lot of respects this weekend pays dividends down the road to offset the season-long PWR drag from a sweep at the hands of Denver, our only NCHC opponent I believe.

- Let's start the Hockey East season off right. 5 of the next 7 are road games.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    This post didn't age well.

The kid from Andover can't stop throwing interceptions in the Ivy League and the BC starter got hurt vs UL and the backup has acquitted himself reasonably well, almost pulling out a road win in relief and beating NC State. So reasonably this kid from Andover would 4th string and basically a D1 waterboy. He made the right move heading over to Brown. Education upgrade and he was never going to play here anyway. The other kid that transferred out is a walking disaster at Rutgers (0 TDs, 5 INTs, 48.3%).
                    Like Jerry Orbach said in "Dirty Dancing", "When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong" (and now, do I have to turn in my "Man-Card" because I referenced that movie?). His Uncle/Coach was outstanding at Brown, and I'd heard that this kid was better. Not so much......Nice ground and pound by the Igles by the way.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Let's extend Daz's contract, he has earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                        Let's extend Daz's contract, he has earned it.

Not funny. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that happens because... that's just what BC does lately.

Comment

It would be one thing if you take a lot of penalties but have a great PK. PK hasn't been good so far. That's when you run into issues.

Comment

Daz hasn't been a terrible head coach but he's stuck in neutral. Honestly his best position is offensive line coach. He is good at that and doesn't have to make any difficult decisions. They hated him as OC at Florida. No ability to develop a QB/passing game.

Comment

The coaches of the recent past make TOB look like Frank Leahy. He may not be terrible but on game day he seems to walk around in a daz.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                                The coaches of the recent past make TOB look like Frank Leahy. He may not be terrible but on game day he seems to walk around in a daz.
                                BC football could be so much fun with a good coach. It’s a shame that Leahy screws up every hire and is arrogant enough to make the next hire. Basketball is a total dumpster fire!

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                                X