Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    That's why it's clear to me they thought the game was over after one. Up 2-0 and should have been more. Sure they lost in OT but the game was really lost in the 2nd. York talked about playing 60 minutes after the game. Tomorrow is key now. Need a good response.
    Hopefully, they learned a very important lesson tonight. They thought they could score at will after the first period, but some nights the puck just does not go in. You have to play hard and smart every shift. You have to hold your opponent to two goals or less to have a good shot at winning the game. You can’t be lackadaisical crossing the blue line and turn the puck over. You need to get pucks deep and cycle. Teams go through stretches like this and hopefully this gets them focused for 60 minutes.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

I thought it was interesting they kept going high blocker on Swayman. He saw those pucks and handled them with ease (it was kind of impressive). Must have been clear instructions via the pre-game scouting report but seemed to not be great info IMO. The only one they got by him when he was set was glove side and he never really saw that one. The other was a rebound and one from in tight blocker side while he was down (slick play by Boldy who looked great once again). I hope they don’t keep shooting blocker side tonight.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Was actually going to say that the more I watch Boldy the more I think his overall production is hurt by his linemates. But the other two lines have been so good I think they're just going to stay as is for now. Remember when McPhee scored 12 goals as a sophomore? He is just a total non factor out there offensively. McBain is decent but those guys just don't have the skill Boldy displays.

Comment

Looking at the OT winner again, you just can't let that happen. Two defenders behind the net have things covered as Tralmaks is on the ground. The 3 other BC skaters are all in front of the net. There was nothing threatening about that play. They somehow lose Tralmaks, nobody was expecting it and they were asleep at the wheel. Nice play by Tralmaks and Doherty to finish that one but totally preventable. Can't be giving up 4 to Maine, priority #1 tonight should be attention to detail and team defense. Secondly is finish your chances. Too many grade A chances last night that they did not convert. Swayman is good but Maine hung him out to dry.

Comment

SWayman was the Hey Man last last night. As commented the second period was just a bad bad period of hockey and uncharacteristic of the defense. No third man high in the defense zone and just fumbling of the puck. The OT goal was a battle lost behind the net and a nothing play that turns into a GWG. In the third I was just hoping for a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Looking at the OT winner again, you just can't let that happen. Two defenders behind the net have things covered as Tralmaks is on the ground. The 3 other BC skaters are all in front of the net. There was nothing threatening about that play. They somehow lose Tralmaks, nobody was expecting it and they were asleep at the wheel. Nice play by Tralmaks and Doherty to finish that one but totally preventable. Can't be giving up 4 to Maine, priority #1 tonight should be attention to detail and team defense. Secondly is finish your chances. Too many grade A chances last night that they did not convert. Swayman is good but Maine hung him out to dry.
              I watched the replay of the game last night

On goals #2 and 3 Moore was on D

Goal #2 he gave guy too much space to snipe
              Goal #3 he missed the centering pass and too much space in front of the goalie

Goal #4 what can you say ? #3 was on defense and #7 and honestly it was a nice backhand flick but it looked like Knight just wasn’t expecting it

Give Maine credit for pulling off a must win for them because they’re battling for a playoff spot deep in the bottom of hockey East
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Shaping up to be one frustrating weekend! Not there tonight but doesn't feel like they've been getting the big saves from Knight recently. Maine 2/2 on PP and BC 1/6. There's your difference.

Comment

Another one for the Koharski highlight reel tonight. Tons of calls all night and a blatant slash which leads to the GWG goes uncalled...he is so bad.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Oh boy can't wait to see the highlight of that

Comment

Haven't seen it yet but I did watch the postgame presser and York obviously thought they missed the call. Shades of Cory Larose I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Another one for the Koharski highlight reel tonight. Tons of calls all night and a blatant slash which leads to the GWG goes uncalled...he is so bad.
                        It looked to me like he tried to play the puck. It might have been a situation where the BC player was trying to draw a penalty to. Not sure BC can complain that much given how lopsided the pp margin was.

Was really impressed with Mike Mottau. He gives really solid analysis without all the nonsense.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Well you can complain if a blown call directly leads to an OT loss but overall yes, do better on the PP and you won't be in OT.

Comment

Didn’t see this coming at all. Maine is an ok team probably better than many give them credit for but also ... just an ok team. BC got very lucky last weekend to pull down 4 points... this weekend... idk but you can’t lose both games at home to Maine. Schedule will not be full of cupcakes down the stretch. Need to get the defense figured out. Our season will end with the same commentary we’ve had for the past few seasons.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Mike Mottau was on the call tonight??? He must have had flashbacks...

Comment

Those things probably even out. I would say BC was pretty unlucky to come away with 0 points this weekend.

HE with 7 of the top 17 in PWR right now. Turning into a pretty good year for the league. The QFs should be tremendous.

Comment

Working...
                                X