Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Guys, as we’re getting to the end of this thread, I’m looking for some suggestions for the next thread. I’d still like to pay homage to Steve Gerrish who, like the seniors on this team, got screwed out of a great season and a real chance for a natty. Please post your ideas.
    Last edited by theprofromdover; 03-23-2020, 06:07 AM.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      Guys, as we’re getting to the end of this thread, I’m looking for some suggestions for the thread. I’d still like to pay homage to Steve Gerrish who, like the seniors on this team, got screwed out of a great season and a real chance for a natty. Please post your ideas.
      since steve loved mookie, the thread should somehow have mookie's name in there. (and in glowing terms as well )
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        since steve loved mookie (and in glowing terms as well )
        ^^^true story, i can vouch.

Nice idea Jack, his birthday was just the other day............

Comment

Guys, as we’re getting to the end of this thread, I’m looking for some suggestions for the next thread. I’d still like to pay homage to Steve Gerrish who, like the seniors on this team, got screwed out of a great season and a real chance for a natty. Please post your ideas.
          Perhaps you should allude to the cause of your dismay: "Eagles '20-'21 Going Viral" or "BC '20-'21, The (Foquin) Infection Just Made Us Stronger". I'm sure you can do better.

Too bad about the way the season ended. Forget the simulation. The computer can't handle a body check!
          Last edited by HHound; 03-23-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            ^^^true story, i can vouch.

Nice idea Jack, his birthday was just the other day............
            Steve liked Mookie because he was an alumnus of the BC Campus School
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Steve liked Mookie because he was an alumnus of the BC Campus School
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                Watching some of these old HE championships on NESN and was wondering what you guys think your best team of the last 15 years was? The forward depth on the 2010 team was absurd.
                2011. Ridiculous group of forwards. 4th liners that made it to NHL.

Comment

2011 was the most stacked roster we’ve probably ever had.

I am seeing reports that all the big names are returning... Hutsko, Boldy, Newhook (old news), and Knight. Is this all confirmed and reliable?

Do we have a captain named yet? Going to be an important piece of the puzzle.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

agreed on 2011, which is crazy considering the roster in '12

husko is confirmed:
                    https://twitter.com/BCHockey/status/1243558048519553025

knight being a young goalie, i have to assume

giddy up

Comment

Hutsko doing the Cotton and returning. He could be captain.

Comment

Rasanen, Hardman, McBain and McLaughlin are good complimentary pieces to the guys coming back. Looks like another solid crop of forwards coming in. Not like Newhook and Boldy but good players on paper. This is one situation where they look to be well suited to absorb losing that huge senior class. Not sure what the numbers are but wonder if they would be in the market for a grad transfer on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Rasanen, Hardman, McBain and McLaughlin are good complimentary pieces to the guys coming back. Looks like another solid crop of forwards coming in. Not like Newhook and Boldy but good players on paper. This is one situation where they look to be well suited to absorb losing that huge senior class. Not sure what the numbers are but wonder if they would be in the market for a grad transfer on defense.
                          Rasanen isn't coming back - he's gone to Finland.

Comment

That's an interesting move. If that is true I could understand that with the Mattila brothers graduating. Hope he's getting his degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                              Rasanen isn't coming back - he's gone to Finland.
                              That's disappointing, but if nobody else leaves, they'll be fine. He'd have been a solid contributor though.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I agree it is too bad because he is a solid forward good on faceoffs and PP. Just speculating but at the end of the year he wound up on the 4th line when Giles went down. He was not a 4th line center in his Junior year. He was a team player offered to give up his spot so that could Merula could play his last game on BC ice. York said after the game it was a the first time in his 48 years that any player offer to sit under those circumstances.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-28-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X