Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

They're in a good place right now.

Hopefully they'll get those injured players back soon

Next goal is to take points at home against Maine

Unlike last year, they don't have to rely on Cotton to get their offence

There's more depth and balance now
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Not sure when the best time is to start analyzing the PWR, but one thing that has stood out to me when looking at RPI is you have a decent gap currently separating BC/Denver from 1-3 and then a decent gap after BC/Denver. A lot can change but one thing to keep in mind this year is that Denver is hosting a regional in Loveland, CO. So while you never know how it's going to shake out with attendance considerations etc BC very well could be looking at a return trip to Colorado in March. And from monitoring this recently, the top three have been in place for a while and BC/Denver after that. In fact, even with a higher RPI, BC still hasn't been able to pass Denver because of the head-to-head component.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Not sure when the best time is to start analyzing the PWR, but one thing that has stood out to me when looking at RPI is you have a decent gap currently separating BC/Denver from 1-3 and then a decent gap after BC/Denver. A lot can change but one thing to keep in mind this year is that Denver is hosting a regional in Loveland, CO. So while you never know how it's going to shake out with attendance considerations etc BC very well could be looking at a return trip to Colorado in March. And from monitoring this recently, the top three have been in place for a while and BC/Denver after that. In fact, even with a higher RPI, BC still hasn't been able to pass Denver because of the head-to-head component.
        That's why it's very important for BC to jump into a 1 seed position by the end of the year if possible. The NCAA will go out of its way to keep them East if they're a 1 seed. They won't go so far out of their way if they are not. And yes, complicated by the fact that a host Denver stays where they are regardless. Really wish they could have found a way to split that series in Denver.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

This is a candidate for worst 20 minutes of the season. BC thought this game was over after the first.

Comment

That’s one of the worst periods of hockey I’ve ever seen BC play going back to about pre-1997.

They had one good shift with a minute to go. One good shift the entire period!
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Should have been up more than 2 after the first and then mailed that period in. Couldn't get a big save from Knight either like Swayman did for Maine towards end of the first.

Comment

Swayman shutting the door and now most likely a major against Walker

Comment

Not what you're looking for from a guy who is only playing due to Giles being injured

Comment

Even some great shorthanded chances but just can't solve Swayman

Comment

“Do we need more than two goals to beat these guys or nah?”
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Gotta give it to Swayman he's been great

Comment

OT. Probably deserved for this crazy game.

Comment

McInnis loses the battle behind the net, ballgame.

Comment

When you play THAT bad for basically 19 consecutive minutes you have no business winning the game. That being said they easily “won” the first and third periods. I’m ok with a bad period just not one like that.

A lot of other teams lost tonight.

Encouraged they killed that penalty (didn’t really like that call) and then tied it. Defense still worries me.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

That's why it's clear to me they thought the game was over after one. Up 2-0 and should have been more. Sure they lost in OT but the game was really lost in the 2nd. York talked about playing 60 minutes after the game. Tomorrow is key now. Need a good response.

Comment

Working...
                                X