Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Wow UMass with a nuclear meltdown.

Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

UMass gags the game away in tremendous fashion and BC gets a trophy

Comment

Ha yep. Gotta give UConn credit. They are entering "should be at the Garden" territory.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          It's a zero sum game when those two fanbases meet but the best Umass fans are the ones going home after a loss.

2019-2020 Hockey East Regular Season Champs.
          Hope they can take the Umile Cup for a spin around Agganis tomorrow.

Back in the day this trophy didn't mean a thing unless you put it to use and did some damage in the postseason. Not even going to enjoy this... want postseason hardware.
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Would have enjoyed it more if they won it on their own tomorrow night but now the focus is just BU and then the PWR factor next weekend.

Comment

Ha, you can thank Cav once again!

Comment

What a joy it’s been to watch this team develop this season. Steve Gerrish would be on cloud 9 raving about them. Actually, maybe he is! 😀
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Apparently BU is still not even locked into the tournament as 9th place is still possible. Even with them playing again next weekend, these Eagles would be great to show some killer instinct, bury these guys tonight, and enjoy the trophy in Agganis. What an opportunity.

Yea SteveG would be raving about this team.

Comment

For the first few months of the season, I thought the Hockey East Rookie of the Year would be either Trevor Zegras or Spencer Knight. Now, I have to figure it will be Alex Newhook (with the other two being unanimous members of the All-Rookie team).

A few weeks ago, I thought Jack Dugan was a shoo-in for Hockey East Player of the Year. Now, Providence might finish 8th (or worse). Has Newhook actually turned into a legitimate candidate for Player of the Year? He has been leading the way for the league's best team playing their best hockey of the year. Who else could it be? John Leonard from UMass? He's a forward who has five assists in league play all season (and seven assists overall). David Farrance from BU? But the Terriers could finish 6th or lower in the standings, and could finish with an overall record of below .500. I don't think a goalie is a real threat to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      Who else could it be? John Leonard from UMass? He's a forward who has five assists in league play all season (and seven assists overall)......
                      You conveniently omitted that Leonard leads the COUNTRY in goals (26) and leads HE in goals (20). That might help his cause.
                      No question that Newhook is ROY. Newhook and Spencer will be on the All Rookie Team, and Boldy should be as well. That's an impressive recruiting class.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I don’t see how Leonard doesn’t win POTY. He’s filthy.
                        He’s a solid Hobey candidate too but highly doubt they give it to a Umadd-Amherst player again this year.

Comment

I found it interesting there was nothing on BC hockey Twitter about clinching first. Hope they go out and win it outright tonight especially after what happened in the Pot. Then some time for them to celebrate. Looking like a different team since the Pot though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            It's a zero sum game when those two fanbases meet but the best Umass fans are the ones going home after a loss.

2019-2020 Hockey East Regular Season Champs.
                            Hope they can take the Umile Cup for a spin around Agganis tomorrow.

Back in the day this trophy didn't mean a thing unless you put it to use and did some damage in the postseason. Not even going to enjoy this... want postseason hardware.
                            Win out and put the foot on the gas into post season

You want momentum into the playoffs and a trip to Northeast Regionals and Detroit at full speed

Pedal to the metal
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              I don’t see how Leonard doesn’t win POTY. He’s filthy.
                              He’s a solid Hobey candidate too but highly doubt they give it to a Umadd-Amherst player again this year.
                              Leonard is having a great year, isn’t surrounded by some of the same talent as others in the conversation in Hockey East. I think he’ll probably be player of the year in HE but I’d also put Swayman right up there with what he’s done. I think he’s behind Kawaguchi, McKay, and Swayman for Hobey though.

Newhook should win HE ROTY in a runaway in my mind now.
                              Last edited by sigx15; 02-29-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

One last thing that came to mind. Did anyone from USA hockey actually put in the time to scout Boldy this year or did they just look at his stat line and determine ok we'll leave him off the world junior team...

Total buffoonery in that decision.
                                You've watched a LOT more BC hockey than me, but my vague recollection is that around the December time frame, Boldy looked decent but nothing like he has looked in the second half. Like the skill was there but he needed to adjust to the speed a little better. Do you think his play to the point at which the WJC team decisions to be made was good enough?
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X