Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Just sucks all around. I look at someone like Cotton who returned to school and has helped get them back into national title contention. And in the end it's like it never happened. Players must be devastated.

Comment

Sometimes life just throws things out there that you have no control over. I've lived it. You have no power over it. It sucks.

The sun will rise and we will try again.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Sometimes life just throws things out there that you have no control over. I've lived it. You have no power over it. It sucks.

The sun will rise and we will try again.
        True. But what a crushing disappointment.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Just sucks all around. I look at someone like Cotton who returned to school and has helped get them back into national title contention. And in the end it's like it never happened. Players must be devastated.
          exactly, have to feel for him. stayed around to bring bc back to the trophy winning ways and he did. unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to grab the 2 biggest

now we wait on newhook and crew

Comment

Time to break out the '01 title game and '04 Michigan game to fill the void

Comment

Time to break out the '01 title game and '04 Michigan game to fill the void
              I still have the 10-1 Northeastern game saved to warm my heart.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                True. But what a crushing disappointment.
                well, the good news is it keeps the “consecutive years missing the tournament” alive
                Last edited by mookie1995; 03-13-2020, 10:24 PM.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Don't forget the Miami game in Worc and 2010 and 2012. Never get tired of seeing Johnny G score the goal that shut the door on Ferris. All great memories

Comment

Real bummer about the season, what a fun team to watch this year. Was really interested to see how they ended up doing in the NCAA's. Hopefully everyone returns outside of the seniors.

Some recruiting news, looks like they picked up a great late bloomer in Jack Dempsey out of Dexter.

Dexter Southfield senior left wing Jack Dempsey announced his commitment to Boston College after his breakout year. The Natick, Mass., native led Dexter Southfield in scoring with 16 goals and 35 assists for 51 points in 30 games. The remarkable year represented a 35-point increase from his junior season, his first in prep hockey. Before joining Dexter Southfield, Dempsey, an ’01, played two seasons at Catholic Memorial and one at Natick High School. Dempsey, a big winger, is a power forward who protects pucks and has very good hands, especially for his size. His skating still needs work, but it has come a long way. He’s proven that he has the tools to produce at the prep level.

Comment

A late blooming big winger...I would gladly take another Mike Hardman!

Comment

A late blooming big winger...I would gladly take another Mike Hardman!
                        Ya he seems like a bigger guy than Hardman but will be an overage freshman. I really like the thought of the staff adding some of these older recruits with these really highly regarded younger guys. Looks like he'll come in with extremely highly touted Reynolds, MacDonald and Hreschuk in the 2021 class. Will be interesting if they push him to go the BCHL route or USHL route. The BCHL pipeline has become insane with Newhook & Hardman this year, then Weight, Nesterenko, Agnew in 2020 then MacDonald & Reynolds in 2021.

Comment

seems like newhook is planning on sticking around

https://theathletic.com/1683622/2020...th-toward-avs/

Comment

Watching some of these old HE championships on NESN and was wondering what you guys think your best team of the last 15 years was? The forward depth on the 2010 team was absurd.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              seems like newhook is planning on sticking around

https://theathletic.com/1683622/2020...th-toward-avs/
                              😀
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                Watching some of these old HE championships on NESN and was wondering what you guys think your best team of the last 15 years was? The forward depth on the 2010 team was absurd.
                                I'm watching the 2010 Hockey East Championship game right now. That team was loaded. Funny thing is, I think 2011 and 2012 were even more loaded. That 2011 first round upset against Colorado College was a true shocker. Darn that Jaden Schwartz!
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X