Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Quasi-Inactive

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Nice weekend sweep of those damm Gold Domes.
    UNH

My bad.

Time to talk stupid... An NCAA bid is pretty much guaranteed at this point. The #1 seed in Worcester certainly is in play. Yes this is most definitely a Frozen Four caliber team (whether they can get it done is up for debate but certainly they seem to look like a "Top 4" team and will only get better).

Giles and McBain are playing some serious hockey right now and that is really adding another element to this team.

Things look good right now, that of course is subject to change. It would be nice to see them win a postseason trophy for the first time in 8 seasons though.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

We have four lines and a solid goal tender with experienced dmen in front of him. We haven't had a top line like this one since Hayes, Arnold and Johnnie is Good. This one is not as flashy but they are smart, highly skilled and with Cotton in front of the net they are scary good. The other lines are coming along, lot of speed and skill. Lots of fun to watch. Need to stay healthy, particularly Hustko.
    Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Holding court

Really enjoyable to put a full weekend beatdown on such an annoying program/fanbase like Notre Dame. I'm sure it's all the fault of the Hockey East refs.

I don't believe it's perfectly accurate but close enough... Playoffstatus has BC 93% likely to make the tournament, 38% likely to get a 1 seed.

With the Eagles in full-out "Wagon Mode", it's important they just keep things one-game-at-a-time. Lots of depth but injuries are the biggest concern right now. The pieces are in place to do serious damage.

Pretty crazy the schedule is now done for 2019 and now comes almost a month layoff. Let's hope 2020 brings trophies.

Steve G would be loving this.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

This is the deepest team they've had in years. All the great BC teams had an awesome top line and depth. Have really been impressed with Helleson & Warren on the back end, there's a Dumoulin type vibe to Helleson. They've really solidified a weakness from the past few years. The 2nd & 3rd lines seem to be really coming along as well, hopefully Boldy can break out in the 2nd half. Spencer Knight's numbers are stupid, has been everything as advertised. To put into perspective vs. other BC goalies' best years of the past, check out below

Knight .940 SV% 4 SO
    Demko '15-'16 .935 SV% 10 SO (Junior yr)
    Milner '11-12 .937 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)
    Muse '07-'08 .921 SV% 3 SO (Freshman Yr)
    Schneider '05-'06 .930 SV% 8 SO (Sophomore Yr)
    Clemmenson '99-'00 .914 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by sigx15 View Post
    This is the deepest team they've had in years. All the great BC teams had an awesome top line and depth. Have really been impressed with Helleson & Warren on the back end, there's a Dumoulin type vibe to Helleson. They've really solidified a weakness from the past few years. The 2nd & 3rd lines seem to be really coming along as well, hopefully Boldy can break out in the 2nd half. Spencer Knight's numbers are stupid, has been everything as advertised. To put into perspective vs. other BC goalies' best years of the past, check out below

Knight .940 SV% 4 SO
    Demko '15-'16 .935 SV% 10 SO (Junior yr)
    Milner '11-12 .937 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)
    Muse '07-'08 .921 SV% 3 SO (Freshman Yr)
    Schneider '05-'06 .930 SV% 8 SO (Sophomore Yr)
    Clemmenson '99-'00 .914 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)
    Interesting. Speaking of Milner, I'll always be impressed with what he did in the 2012 run. People just assume because the entire friggin team was NHL-level talent that he sat there drinking Long Island Iced Teas and let the occasional puck hit him. But he made a ton of big saves in that postseason that no one talks about. And even held down the fort in the national title game when BC took a lot more penalties than BC fans probably remember while holding that one-goal lead and waiting for Gaudreau to blow the roof off the building.

But I definitely agree that the depth is really spread out nicely across 4 lines. The defense is clearly improved but I'd bet they spend more time in the offensive zone than any of the previous teams from the past few seasons. And that is a game-changer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

And Knight has done that with a solid but unspectacular d core in front of him. I will say that group has outperformed what I was expecting though.

Biggest thing I noticed was how BC played with the lead Friday. The speed factor allowed them to smother ND all over the ice and break up a lot of plays. Limited grade A chances. Didn't take stupid penalties. They have shown an ability to comeback like the Harvard game but I was impressed with how they played with the lead Friday (looks like they did the same yesterday).

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

RIP Pete Frates, age 34. 😢
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    RIP Pete Frates, age 34. 😢
    To be the public face for ALS & trying helping others inspite his condition,
    one courageous soul. RIP

Condolences to the BC family.

Pete Frates, only 34 was larger than life . I live in Savannah now and it made the local news . R.I.P. young man , the Boston College community could not be more proud .

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Really enjoyable to put a full weekend beatdown.

Steve G would be loving this.
    AKA FiveHole12 here and he IS loving it . Heís right here in the 2012 FF Final framed pic I bought with the streamers coming down . In all seriousness? Thought the same exact thing last night . Heíd love this team . Heaven won out here , we lost big time .

Knight, no Boldy in WJC USA Camp. Bummer for Boldy. Hasnít had the puck luck he needed so far this year. Was hoping he would go and get jump started for the 2nd half.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2020wjcroster

Opposite Girl

My condolences to the BC family on the loss of Pete Frates. A true warrior. May his memory be eternal.

Agreed on Milner during that 2012 run. I remember saying (wrongly) the previous October that Parker Milner was not a championship goalie. Yes, I remember the penalties in that Ferris game, notably a stupid one by Arnold in the last minute of the second. I was seven rows behind the Ferris goalie when Gaudreau scored that magical goal.

Every time I watch Boldy I see him doing good things, just not adding up on the scoresheet. Should be some good motivation for him.

there's a good buck in that racket.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    And Knight has done that with a solid but unspectacular d core in front of him. I will say that group has outperformed what I was expecting though.

Biggest thing I noticed was how BC played with the lead Friday. The speed factor allowed them to smother ND all over the ice and break up a lot of plays. Limited grade A chances. Didn't take stupid penalties. They have shown an ability to comeback like the Harvard game but I was impressed with how they played with the lead Friday (looks like they did the same yesterday).
    The thing I noticed is that with the depth this year, they're attacking and forechecking more aggressively than sitting back and letting the opposition attack them in the defensive zone. Anytime there was a penalty kill last year, you knew it was coming because they could not cover anyone with a decent power play. Often they would back off and provide the opposition too much space and time to move the puck around and shoot the puck

Helleson and Warren have improved the D and added depth
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Helleson and Warren have improved the D and added depth
    Helleson and Warren have been HUGE additions and have played a very large role in BC's turnaround.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Couldnít agree more about the D. Thought Helleson would be solid but didnít expect Warren or Helleson to be as good as they have been.

Another great thing coming our way is 12 (uscho omits the 2nd beanpot game for some reason) out of 19 games left in the season will be on NESN. CBS All Access has been terrible for me all season, excited to have a more dependent feed the majority of the rest of the way.

Thread Information