Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Those things probably even out. I would say BC was pretty unlucky to come away with 0 points this weekend.

HE with 7 of the top 17 in PWR right now. Turning into a pretty good year for the league. The QFs should be tremendous.

Comment

Those things probably even out. I would say BC was pretty unlucky to come away with 0 points this weekend.

HE with 7 of the top 17 in PWR right now. Turning into a pretty good year for the league. The QFs should be tremendous.
      Hockey East must be soooo dooowwwnnn.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Just saw the highlights, they call that slash 100% of the time these days. That was brutal.

Comment

Just saw the highlights, they call that slash 100% of the time these days. That was brutal.
          My initial thought when I saw the replay was that it was a makeup non-call for the high stick that got Fossier in the chin late in the third that didn't get called.

Comment

Fair enough, just sticks out more on a game ending play.

Comment

You got rocked. I hope we can see each other in post season.

Comment

I don't disagree, just sharing what my perspective was in the moment.

Comment

Nobody cares too much. We are trying to go to national playoffs.

Comment

This weekends sweep by Maine will work right into York's hands...he'll use it to show to his team that no matter who you play and where you have to play 60. I would not be surprised to see them go on a winning streak right into Hockey East Playoffs. Sometimes a team needs a wake-up call and this I would think did it.

Comment

Lost week end, wounded bears are dangerous. 5 in a row to Maine, Yikes. Stay out of overtime, we are not good at it. Still on top in the league, it is really really tight this year. Less Moore more Warren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        This weekends sweep by Maine will work right into York's hands...he'll use it to show to his team that no matter who you play and where you have to play 60. I would not be surprised to see them go on a winning streak right into Hockey East Playoffs. Sometimes a team needs a wake-up call and this I would think did it.
                        Let’s hope not. F BC.

Comment

The Larose call sent the ref Fitzgerald into retirement for HE, probably back reffing midget games An unbelievably bad call off an Ozone faceoff, set play by Maine and Larose hooks Matteu down and sends Niko in, scores with 1 second left. Back in those days it was a single ref but everyone in the building saw it. From the presser, York mentioned the non call twice. The ref was right behind the goal, must be the philosophy that you let everything go in OT. I can see calling something that would prevent a goal but a non call in the Ozone that leads to a goal was a crime. That said it is time to move on and get 2 points next week end and a win against BU.

Comment

Missed this weekends’s games, was skiing all weekend. Was pretty bummed to see OT losses both nights. Can someone explain the big breakdowns?

I really thought they were headed in the right direction and about to become a 3 line juggernaut but it sounds like some players didn’t show up. Thought this would be a BC sweep even though Maine has a solid squad this year.

Comment

The turning point was late in first period Friday. Had some glorious chances to extend lead and Swayman came up big. Maine built off that and turned it around in 2nd. I really don't think they played that bad. Just the 2nd period Friday was a disaster. Not much puck luck and Swayman was great this weekend. Special teams was the difference last night. All adds up to a frustrating weekend where they really deserved better than 0 points. But it is what it is. Can't let it snowball from here.

Comment

Well that was a fine mess of a weekend.

Didn't see any of the Saturday game but upon reviewing the highlights there was some luck to tie the game as the tying goal was a Mike Lephart Special, looked like a snipe but ramped up off a defender's stick to go top corner. Also, absolutely insane to NOT call that slash in overtime that set up the gamewinning goal. That being said, if you're in OT against Maine and need late goals in the 3rd to even get to overtime each night, you're simply doing something wrong. Time to wake up, move on and stop the bleeding and put forth some serious effort.

Also, that Friday night 2nd period was just scary bad. There's a red flag there that even with TV timeouts, this team couldn't gather themselves and get composed to put together a good shift at any point in that period. But... you do have to credit Maine their structure and awareness of the situation was incredible and their positioning in that period was tremendous. Giles is underrated and they miss him dearly. A few certain Dmen are having a rough go of it since the strength of schedule has ramped up the past few weeks. We're perhaps just one Dman short of where we need to be to be a true national contender. I do still think we have three good lines and a very nice fourth line as well. Goaltending is obviously there. Defense... improved from past years with the freshmen coming in and transfer in from Fink but... that's my concern right now.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X