Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    So embittering . Still no trophies since 2016 Beanpot? Think this team is the most talented and deepest since 2012?
    I think the 2016 team was deeper than this one. They had third line player like Gilmour on 3rd line and he had 12 goals.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      How are you BUoldtimer?
      Doing well, thanks, Joe. I hope you're doing well.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Good night all around with Duluth, UMass and BU all losing

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          2006?
          Yes, 2006, in Worcester. Two SHG by Rooney in second period.

Comment

What a glorious night between the Conte game and the scoreboard watching.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I think the 2016 team was deeper than this one. They had third line player like Gilmour on 3rd line and he had 12 goals.
              I defer but I’ll say one thing , this team is more fun to watch than any team since 2012 and faster than any team since that one to these eyeballs

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Never would I have predicted they'd drop a 10 spot on Northeastern. If they play like they did tonight, they can beat anybody.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

That could definitely be the case

Should be getting Helleson back soon too

Comment

6 teams could still finish ahead of BC but I don't think that means BC could finish 7th because some of those teams play each other:

UMass vs. UConn
                    UML vs. UConn
                    BU vs. UConn
                    BU vs. NU

What I won't begin to try and figure out is where BC stands in regard to home ice.

5 points to win title outright, drops to 4 if UMA and UML tie tomorrow. So if they do tie tomorrow BC could be in position to win the trophy at Agganis. One can dream...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Ha yup.

I'm astonished Petrecki somehow managed to make it matching when he flat-out manhandled Ryan Jones 40 seconds into the game. I can't remember a friggin thing outside of BC hockey memories but somehow I remember these games like they were yesterday. Go figure.
                      I loved Petrecki, old school defenseman! He rag dolled Jones and set the tone for the game. If it were an NHL game it would have been a KO! I wish we had a defenseman like him this year!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Mad dog Madigan is gonna be spitting all over the locker room. This was a 1-0 game after 1!

Feel like these teams are destined to meet again after a game like this.
                        Maybe it'll be like Pats/Jets in 2010. Pats win 45-3 in the regular season and of course lost in the playoffs
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

They have first place in their own hands and don’t have to depend on someone else if they win

MC, BU, UNH (2 games)

But just because if they were the #1 seed means it’s easy swimming

I feel this year HE from 1-8 will have a lot of parity

Each team is tough and a team like Maine swept BC at home

BC is very good but which team will show up each game or within a game which BC team shows up each period ?

Sure they possibly can beat any team if they played like last night but we all know this team can also find ways to lose too if you at the games they have lost

Hopefully we’ll see last night’s team from here on in

🦅 🔥 👍
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

How many years at BC do you diehards predict for Newhook, Boldy and Knight?
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              How many years at BC do you diehards predict for Newhook, Boldy and Knight?
                              Too early to speculate

Let’s wait until the hockey season is over

NU has had talented players leave early too so it’s not unexpected today

How’s Primeau doing ?
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I would expect Boldy and Knight back. If Newhook continues to play like this he could enter one and done territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X