Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I would agree with that. Recruit 4 year players like that and you'll be in business.

Good results tonight with Maine and Lowell losing. Take care of business tomorrow and you're in first place. Gionta's jersey being retired after 1st period.
    Today’s game is at 4:30 and is on NESN..
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

A win is a win last night but ...

Credit MC for their 2 goals on BC mistakes

At least on some plays some players have learned to flick the puck high up in the air to clear the blue line instead of errant passes in their zone and costly turnovers

The 2nd goal by MC was getting too cute with the touch passes and a turnover that made the game closer than it should have been

Hopefully a win this afternoon ugly or not get the points
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Moore and Helleson both out. Andres should get a regular shift today...

I would like a copy of the Gionta era footage they were rolling in the concourse. Seemed like they had every game covered for those teams.

Comment

Borek going with the scally cap...bold move

Comment

When is the last time BC had three freshman forwards making this kind of impact? Newhook firmly in ROTY race.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              When is the last time BC had three freshman forwards making this kind of impact? Newhook firmly in ROTY race.
              I’d be curious if they’ve ever had 3 freshman with 30+ points which is where it looks like Newhook, Boldy and Hardman are headed. Newhook has a shot at surprising Gaudreau’s freshman year at this pace

Comment

Newhook basically won this game all by himself. He gets better every week. Boldy’s 2 goals were tap-ins from Newhooks assists/work. There is a Kobasew-like quality to his game. Just all around solid.

Great to see a good crowd for Gionta’s night. Was hoping #12 would get the hat trick on Gionta Night. Didn’t take long for BC to run out of bobbleheads. Typical BC.

Defense was good. Liked what I saw of limited viewing of Andres. Karow was good as well with regular shifts.

With the Peepot now in the rear view mirror these guys can refocus and go on a run.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Newhook basically won this game all by himself. He gets better every week. Boldy’s 2 goals were tap-ins from Newhooks assists/work. There is a Kobasew-like quality to his game. Just all around solid.

Great to see a good crowd for Gionta’s night. Was hoping #12 would get the hat trick on Gionta Night. Didn’t take long for BC to run out of bobbleheads. Typical BC.

Defense was good. Liked what I saw of limited viewing of Andres. Karow was good as well with regular shifts.

With the Peepot now in the rear view mirror these guys can refocus and go on a run.
                  Moore was out with an injury, that might explain his poor play over the past month.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                    Moore was out with an injury, that might explain his poor play over the past month.

Go Eagles!
                    Jeez, I didn't even realize he didn't play. Sometimes getting off the ice and seeing the game from up high helps process the game once they get back up to 100% and on the ice again.

Great to see a lot of former teammates of Gionta in the building tonight as well (it was preceded by the alumni game this afternoon). Bobby Allen, Brett Peterson, Tim Kelleher, Dan Sullivan to name a few that I noticed. I'd imagine some of the others from the alumni game were also at the game (Farkas?).

Have to give some credit to some of these guys for their resilience. McInnis with a goal on Friday and +3 tonight. Karow was +5 this weekend. If the defense can sort itself out and just get a little better as the stretch run approaches here there's no reason they can't win the HE tourney and perhaps book a ticket to Detroit. I think there is a nice mix up front at forward and we have the best goalie prospect in a long time in net right now.

On to Northeastern.
                    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-15-2020, 08:39 PM.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Not sure what the timelines are for Helleson and Moore. With Giles done for the year they are at their limit for injuries I would say. At least in terms of confidently putting out a full lineup.

Comment

Not sure what the timelines are for Helleson and Moore. With Giles done for the year they are at their limit for injuries I would say. At least in terms of confidently putting out a full lineup.
                        Mike Motteau was in the house!

Go Eagles!

Comment

What type of injury does he have ?
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Totally agree. My fear is becoming that he is getting too good, too fast, and the one Kobasew-like quality I don't want him to have is to be one and done.
                            Last edited by Cross Check; 02-16-2020, 08:05 AM.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                              Totally agree. My fear is becoming that is getting too good, too fast, and the one Kobasew-like quality I don't want him to have it to be one and done.
                              Kobesew candidly admitted that he should have stayed one more year. He was homesick.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                Kobesew candidly admitted that he should have stayed one more year. He was homesick.
                                I think there's a good shot Newhook and Boldy stay for another year. Hopefully, they'll look at the development Makar & Hughes had by being in college for 2 years as models of development. It's the perfect time for this line to get really hot because the next 5 games are huge for both Hockey east seeding and NCAA seeding.

The flip side is, if Newhook continues on this tear and Colorado wants him for their playoff run, Kadri is out for the year instead of the 4-6 weeks and Newhook can burn a year of his ELC, it wouldn't be shocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X