Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
    The question is, why are you supporters so accepting of this decline from national dominance to above average D1 program?
    What do you mean so accepting? The run they went on is near impossible to duplicate. With that said, plenty of us have pointed out how disappointing the last few years have been and that it was time for a change. What else would you like me to do? Go protest outside Conte Forum?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

York knows more about hockey and winning than any college coach alive. He can still recruit pretty well, three top picks in this Freshman class and several high end players. Peaks and valleys, no one was happy with the last few years. This BC team will be around in March and as happened in the Golden Age of BC hockey no one will want to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        York knows more about hockey and winning and losing than any college coach alive. He can still recruit pretty well, three top picks in this Freshman class and several high end players. Peaks and valleys, no one was happy with the last few years. This BC team will be around in March and as happened in the Golden Age of BC hockey no one will want to play them.
        fyp
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          What do you mean so accepting? The run they went on is near impossible to duplicate. With that said, plenty of us have pointed out how disappointing the last few years have been and that it was time for a change. What else would you like me to do? Go protest outside Conte Forum?
          Don't feed the troll.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
            The question is, why are you supporters so accepting of this decline from national dominance to above average D1 program?
            Stick to women's basketball.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Brian Gionta is having his jersey retired on February 15!
              Last edited by theprofromdover; 11-20-2019, 06:46 PM.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

One of my favorite Eagles, never forget the 5 goals he scored in the first period against Maine. Doubt that anyone will see that again. Incredible achievement. Tremendous hockey player. Walsh was beyond fried. Parker said that he would have given two scholarship to get him to BU, Brian was an Eagle through and through.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                  One of my favorite Eagles, never forget the 5 goals he scored in the first period against Maine. Doubt that anyone will see that again. Incredible achievement. Tremendous hockey player. Walsh was beyond fried. Parker said that he would have given two scholarship to get him to BU, Brian was an Eagle through and through.
                  Shawn Walsh had nothing but praise for Gionta. He raved about Gionta. That’s high praise from a great coach. 9 hat tricks in 4 years is something that will not be equaled let alone broken.

Comment

According to Twitter Jerry’s attempted robbery didn’t work out.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think what you meant to say is his recruiting. Man, you must have hated all of Shawn Walsh's tactics...

Comment

He was fried for the five goals, every coach would have killed to have BG on their team, he was a program changer, because in those days the kids stayed for 4 years for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                          Shawn Walsh had nothing but praise for Gionta. He raved about Gionta. That’s high praise from a great coach. 9 hat tricks in 4 years is something that will not be equaled let alone broken.
                          Brian played a little past the high scoring years of the early 90s, but I have to think that someone else has had that many. I think Jay Pandolfo had three if not 4 during his 38 goal senior year (one game all three were shorthanded!), but not enough during his other years. Someone out west might have - Bob Joyce? Cal Ingraham (Maine)?
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            Brian played a little past the high scoring years of the early 90s, but I have to think that someone else has had that many. I think Jay Pandolfo had three if not 4 during his 38 goal senior year (one game all three were shorthanded!), but not enough during his other years. Someone out west might have - Bob Joyce? Cal Ingraham (Maine)?
                            Frank Chiarelli of RPI holds the NCAA Record of 3.06 goals per game in 1952 when he scored 55 goals in 18 games. You would think he had more than four hat tricks in the season.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Related to Peter?

Comment

First time looking at HE standings. BC has games in hand on every closest competitor yet still finishes semester with 4 non conference games. For PWR implications it's very important to beat Yale and come away with something in the difficult three game stretch after that.

Seeing UVM grab a point from BU and UConn grabbing 4 points the last two weekends against Lowell/PC...BC sweeping UVM and UConn could prove to be significant.

Not sure when a good time to look at PWR is but BC only HE team in the field at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X