Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Isn't Newhook's sister joining the women's team next year? I could see that being a factor in playing another year here.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
      I think there's a good shot Newhook and Boldy stay for another year. Hopefully, they'll look at the development Makar & Hughes had by being in college for 2 years as models of development. It's the perfect time for this line to get really hot because the next 5 games are huge for both Hockey east seeding and NCAA seeding.

The flip side is, if Newhook continues on this tear and Colorado wants him for their playoff run, Kadri is out for the year instead of the 4-6 weeks and Newhook can burn a year of his ELC, it wouldn't be shocking.
      Exactly. It isn't always the player who is the prime mover in these situations. The team that holds their rights can put pressure of them to sign and then you combine that with the player thinking about going from cooking ramen noodles in a hot pot in their dorm room to making $900k a year...
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Isn't Newhook's sister joining the women's team next year? I could see that being a factor in playing another year here.
        No she's a junior at Tabor, still has another year

Comment

Ah ****. That would have helped. With the season he is having it's certainly possible he only plays one year.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Ah ****. That would have helped. With the season he is having it's certainly possible he only plays one year.
            Ya it's a bummer, definitely could've helped. It was a major factor in Gaudreau coming back for his junior year to play with his brother. Fingers crossed he comes back next year but I'll enjoy watching Newhook for the rest of this year, he's a really fun player to watch.

As an aside, I really, really want a sweep against Northeastern. Have some friends who went there who won't shut up about them but barely ever watch, drives me nuts. Madden being out 4-6 weeks will certainly help BC's chances.

Comment

Just browing this thread and Re: Newhook, I think he will probably stay another year. As we all know, Colorado also held Makar's rights, and he stayed in Amherst for his sophomore year. One would think after seeing his development how he's been able to perform so far in the NHL they might want Newhook to stay another year as well.

Comment

WE need the Freshmen line to stay, because I fear we will lose all of the top line. Having two fearsome lines out there makes BC very tough. They could win out but I think this coming week end will be very tough. NU has a lot of skill, didn't know about Madden, the kid is a hot dog but he is very good. Buckle up the end of the HE RS is going to be something. Somebody gets hot they can move up 4 or 5 places. We know Micky Mac and UVM are cooked and UNH is on the edge. Fight between Uconn and UNH, I will give the nod to Uconn.
                Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-16-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Oh wow had no idea Madden got hurt. Wonder if they'll have Filipe/Struble.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Oh wow had no idea Madden got hurt. Wonder if they'll have Filipe/Struble.
                    Ya there’s rumors of him out 4-6 weeks, guessing he needs surgery. Struble is out for the season. Filipe has a shoulder issue and listed as day to day. Might be an AC issue if he’s listed as day to day.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      Ya there’s rumors of him out 4-6 weeks, guessing he needs surgery. Struble is out for the season. Filipe has a shoulder issue and listed as day to day. Might be an AC issue if he’s listed as day to day.
                      we've seen it reported as a concussion for Filipe. Certainly in play to return this weekend. As you said, Struble is done for sure.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        we've seen it reported as a concussion for Filipe. Certainly in play to return this weekend. As you said, Struble is done for sure.
                        Thanks for the clarification, concussion makes sense too

Comment

This standings situation in Hockey East is so tight it's crazy.

Either way, BC sits atop the standings with a game in hand on UMASS-Amherst and the tiebreaker by virtue of the 2-1-0 record against the Minutemen. UMASS-Amherst can only amass 34 points and with BC sitting at 24 right now, the magic number is 10 points for BC to get the 1 seed via tiebreaker. 11 would win it outright.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

This weekend got me thinking... who will be the next to have their jersey retired? We've had some great ones come through but a lot of them have left early. Is 4 years a requirement? My thinking is no because you know Gaudreau is going to be up in the rafters eventually. But I think it's a hard guideline they would stick to most of the time with few exceptions.

Good candidates:
                            - Scott Clemmensen (NC + the backbone for probably the best four years of BC hockey; 99 career wins and an insane set of numbers in the postseason)
                            - Johnny Gaudreau (Hobey + NC)
                            - John Muse (2 NCs)

Dark Horse:
                            - Ben Eaves (1NC + 169 career points and he only played in 126 games due to injury. 1.3 PPG player in his career)

I think so many tremendous players have come through the bar has to be set very very high.

Thoughts? I just rattled this off quickly... have to think there are some other good players I'm leaving out of the discussion.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Seems like they wait till your pro playing career is over--certainly makes it easier to set a date. With that in mind, it might be a while for Gaudreau. I'd have to take a closer look around Conte but are they running out of room for all these? If they want to focus on 4 years players with rings I would think Clemmensen very well could be next.

Comment

as stated, they're going to have to break the mold of requiring 4 years (football did it for Luke).

my initial thought was no brainer gerbe but looking at the stats they really don't jump off the page. they actually compare really well with cam:
                                cam: 117 games: 68-56-124
                                gerbe: 123 games: 71-62-133

gerbe does lap him in penalty minutes tho

muse is funny, i think we've seen several superior goalies over the last couple of decades but all time winningest college hockey goalie, 22-2 in postseason tournaments is mindblowing and will never be topped as long as i'm on this earth.

anywho, very good weekend. caught saturday, will be a tough out with knight and 2 lines rolling like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X