Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    We all missed it! Back in the day it was an annual event to see Heidi, much like The Wizard of Oz used to only be seen once a year.
    "...with the outcome of the game no longer in doubt, we now switch..." Yes. I guess I had a brain cramp. I've gotten too used to VCRs, DVRs, streaming, etc to even remember that (I think I was 12) you only had ONE shot at games back then....live or nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      Hard to believe that one tie, not even a loss, dropped them back behind both Duluth and Denver. The strength of schedule difference truly is killer and now their destiny as to a one seed is out of their hands if Duluth keeps winning. Guess we temporarily have a second favorite team, whomever Duluth is playing.
      The difference in RPI is .0006 which can change to BC's favor without BC or Minn Duluth even playing. However next weekend if both BC and Minn Duluth both sweep BC will be back on top as Providence at #22 PWR is far ahead of Miami #44 who is Duluth's opponent. So it is not out of BC's hands yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Hah! I was following the game on the CHN app and turned the IPad off when it showed UHN scoring in OT. I didn’t find out the goal was disallowed until this morning. Reminds me of the snow bowl playoff game against Oakland when I turned the tv off when Brady fumbled. I was watching the news the next morning when I heard them talking about a great Patriots comeback. And that’s when I heard about the tuck rule!
        It was a fumble and it still is a fumble and it will ALWAYS be a fumble !

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
          50 shots on goal, 25 in the second period. When was the last time someone put up 50 on BC, the defense must of decided they didn't want to risk injury. Wow. That was costly for the pairwise., now for a little humility. JY will have them ready this week end.
          Terrible two nights to be honest and not good entering tourney time . I’m concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Did you miss the end of the "Heidi" game too?
            He didn’t have a choice in that game thanks to NBC .

Comment

We all missed it! Back in the day it was an annual event to see Heidi, much like The Wizard of Oz used to only be seen once a year.
              Yep , hope you are well Jack . Been at Conte the last few and it’s such a bummer to look over at Steve’s section and see the 5 empty seats . ......Mike, you’re right, he would have loved this team .

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                Curious what you guys thought of Knight last night. The numbers look good, but the eye test was meh. He was complicit in all “four” goals. In comparison, Robinson’s numbers don’t look good but he had no chance on at least two of them because of BC’s forwards execution. Was last night an aberration? Note, I’m NOT saying he looked bad, just thinking Knight will need to be better going forward.
                I didn't see the game or highlights but I would say yes to an aberration. He has great numbers but they haven't needed him to be great. Based on what I have seen, I would say he has not been quite as impressive as the expectations coming in but that's really nit picking from me and maybe holding him to an unfair standard as a freshman.

Comment

I think I posed this before but would you rather be in Worcester with UMD or potentially Albany with Cornell? Selfishly, Worcester would be great but...

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    50 shots on goal, 25 in the second period. When was the last time someone put up 50 on BC, the defense must of decided they didn't want to risk injury. Wow. That was costly for the pairwise., now for a little humility. JY will have them ready this week end.
                    Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                    Curious what you guys thought of Knight last night. The numbers look good, but the eye test was meh. He was complicit in all “four” goals. In comparison, Robinson’s numbers don’t look good but he had no chance on at least two of them because of BC’s forwards execution. Was last night an aberration? Note, I’m NOT saying he looked bad, just thinking Knight will need to be better going forward.
                    I don't know if Aerman was watching a different game than me last night but I thought Knight played really well. All the goals were point blank where defense completely left him behind. 2 were 2nd chance goals. The OT "goal" as you are calling it was about as clear of goal tender interference as possible and should have been a penalty on UNH. Knight is fine, defense needs to clear people out and not get absolutely burned on a streaking winger. Hopefully Cotton gets healthy and the rest of the team doesn't get sick so they can get back to the way they played the past 7 games before UNH. Defense needs to clear people out and stop puck watching.

Comment

Yep , hope you are well Jack . Been at Conte the last few and it’s such a bummer to look over at Steve’s section and see the 5 empty seats . ......Mike, you’re right, he would have loved this team .

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I think I posed this before but would you rather be in Worcester with UMD or potentially Albany with Cornell? Selfishly, Worcester would be great but...
                        Common sense says Albany but I’ll take Worcester. Gonna have to beat a team of their caliber (UMD) if they get that far . Be careful what you (me) wish for but I’d love another Eagle 🦅-Sioux matchup but after this weekend getting to the FF seems not as probable .

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          It was a fumble and it still is a fumble and it will ALWAYS be a fumble !
                          😂😂😂
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Common sense says Albany but I’ll take Worcester. Gonna have to beat a team of their caliber (UMD) if they get that far . Be careful what you (me) wish for but I’d love another Eagle ��-Sioux matchup but after this weekend getting to the FF seems not as probable .
                            We'll be fine and have a great chance no matter when and where we play. I just love the Worcester games because it's close, we have a great record there for whatever reason, and it brings back a lot of great regional memories. If it's Cornell, I'd love to get them back for that 2003 game in Providence (the anti-Worcester along with St Louis).
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

RPI not allowing fans next weekend. I have to think more teams will do the same.

Comment

He's watching.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X