Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Anyone know what they have in mind for the hockey team on the greater heights campaign? I saw the below listed. I heard a separate basketball only practice facility is being looked at but haven’t heard anything hockey wise.

Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey Facility Enhancements

Paramount to continuing our winning tradition is the continual investment in our men’s and women’s ice hockey facilities. Numerous opportunities exist to ensure our Eagles have access to the best training and practice facilities in Hockey East.

Comment

That is interesting. While I would prefer a hockey only arena it sounds like they might be looking at a separate practice facility for hockey which would be cheaper. At least that's my interpretation.

Oh and that McLaughlin pass was Gaudreau like.

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Everyone take a deep breath

Comment

Choke.
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well, that was awful. McInnis with the stupid offensive zone penalty that essentially led to not one, but two BU goals.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                Well, that was awful. McInnis with the stupid offensive zone penalty that essentially led to not one, but two BU goals.
                Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

It could end up being a very good team that falls short of being a great team. A couple games recently now where they have thrown away multi goal leads. You gotta lock those down. Next up, RS chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    It could end up being a very good team that falls short of being a great team. A couple games recently now where they have thrown away multi goal leads. You gotta lock those down. Next up, RS chase.
                    I think this was a statement game that this team is not a championship level team. Up 3-1 with Spencer Knight in goal should be an automatic win against a lower level team. The problem is what we have all said for the past few years, this team is just way too small on defense. They have a shot at the HEA tourney, but I’m not expecting any hardware this season. Hopefully, all of the underclass men return next season as none of them are ready for the next level. Getting rid of #3 is addition by subtraction.

Unfortunately, they are beginning to look a lot like Lenny Cegalaski teams. They are now 0-4 in OT games and have lost 3 of the last 4 games, not promising at all.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                      I think this was a statement game that this team is not a championship level team. Up 3-1 with Spencer Knight in goal should be an automatic win against a lower level team. The problem is what we have all said for the past few years, this team is just way too small on defense. They have a shot at the HEA tourney, but I’m not expecting any hardware this season. Hopefully, all of the underclass men return next season as none of them are ready for the next level. Getting rid of #3 is addition by subtraction.
                      Rarely do I agree with posts on here but this is pretty much the takeaway we all should have after last night. Don't wait by the TV and expect a postseason trophy.

The penalty is pretty much the worst one I've seen in 20+ years of watching BC. It will be talked about for decades and it is the BC equivalent of the Bruins Too Many Men on the Ice in Game 7 vs Montreal in 1979. It is what it is. It happened. Don't even mention he word "accountability".

I'm not sure about SIZE being the problem... but 4 Good Dmen won't cut it. Can't roll with just 4 and when you put any of 7/3/2 on the ice it's a scary situation where you're just hoping to hold on. Don't sleep on the fact that the PP looked like absolute dogchit after the first PPG. Just terrible.

Hey... they battled. At the end of the day, the best team in the tournament is playing in an empty cavern next Monday. Do they deserve it? IDK. Do the coaches deserve it? Absolutely. But when you see how this program is functioning, deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Comment

penalty was just unacceptable and jerry hit on it in the postgame.

i really thought they were floating around for long stretches of the game. they're a much better team, especially up front, to go through those long stretches with minimal chances. on the last powerplay, really seemed like they were content to sit on the puck for 2 minutes.

disappointing cause this team has the talent to make a jerry type march and april run

Comment

Ugly. Just ugly. They may have just created a monster too, as that BU team has talent and has underachieved to this point, but that is the type of game that can make a team come together and go on a run. They may be very dangerous the rest of the way.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

also not the reason we lost at all, should never be in that position (stephen a smith voice) HOWEVA, it was hilarious when BC was breaking in 4 on 2 in OT and BU has players randomly jumping onto the ice to break up the rush. you do you HE.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post

Unfortunately, they are beginning to look a lot like Lenny Cegalaski teams. They are now 0-4 in OT games and have lost 3 of the last 4 games, not promising at all.

Go Eagles!
                              Congrats to the finalists

Agree the defense is the Achilles and taking penalties with a lead is symptomatic of this team

Also #7 is a liability with his turnovers and inability to make the right plays

He not only turned the puck over on an errant pass but also cannot cover his man

Too much space and no attempt to get a piece of the puck or block it

NU did a terrific job locking down on defense in front of their goalie

They play well and with the lead find a way to sit back a bit and let down their guard habitually in their games

But they should make the tournament
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                also not the reason we lost at all, should never be in that position (stephen a smith voice) HOWEVA, it was hilarious when BC was breaking in 4 on 2 in OT and BU has players randomly jumping onto the ice to break up the rush. you do you HE.
                                Was reminiscent of the Roy breakaway in a Beanpot/HE tourney game at the Garden... 5 on 5 in the NU zone, BC is buzzing, NU finally clears it and Roy legit jumps off the bench as a 6th player and grabs the puck and goes in for a breakaway. Luckily it was saved by Milner(?) … who knows what would have happened had it gone in and if it was even reviewable.

Comment

Working...
                                X