Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Warren was good. He's bigger than I thought. Should develop into a very good player.

They missed some good chances tonight but take the W and move on.

Northeastern owns tiebreaker over Providence so an NU win tomorrow means BC gets Providence.

Northeastern played UNH in Belfast but looks like that was a conference game. They split the series. So if NU ties and UNH wins, they finish with same conference record. Didn't look up the next tiebreaker...better record against BC maybe?

Northeastern loses and UNH ties, BC gets Northeastern because NU would have one more league win than UNH.

Northeastern loses and UNH wins, BC gets UNH.

Got all that?

Comment

The NU/UNH tiebreaker actually changes depending on what they're tied on. NU wins a tie on 21 points, UNH wins a tie on 22 points.

Comment

While I don't want BC to lose tomorrow I would rather play UNH over the other two. NU is a disaster right now but Madden could be back and that's a game changer.

Comment

Ya for the 22 point one...what is tiebreaker that gives edge to UNH? Better record against BC?

Comment

Yeah NU wins the 21 tiebreaker 10 wins to 9 and UNH wins the 22 tiebreaker on record against BC because they have to win to get to 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              Yeah NU wins the 21 tiebreaker 10 wins to 9 and UNH wins the 22 tiebreaker on record against BC because they have to win to get to 22.
              The most important stat from the last two games is 1 GAA. They could have scored 5 goals in both games, but some nights the puck does not go in. BC has been playing solid team defense.

Go Eagles!

Comment

One cool thing from York presser is that Rasanen came to him and offered to sit out so Mike Merulla could play on senior night. In the end it didn't come to that with Cotton sitting out due to illness but that's a great gesture. York said he has never seen someone do that over the years. Perhaps he's your captain next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                  The most important stat from the last two games is 1 GAA. They could have scored 5 goals in both games, but some nights the puck does not go in. BC has been playing solid team defense.

Go Eagles!
                  At least 5 last night ....and no thanks on NU with Madden but HE is so solid that none of the top 9 are an easy out . I include UNH since we’ ve split with them so far scoring a total of two goals in the two games .

Comment

I do think UNH is still most favorable opponent if Madden comes back for NU but of course that would require BC losing tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I do think UNH is still most favorable opponent if Madden comes back for NU but of course that would require BC losing tonight.
                      Agree

Comment

BU-NU at 4 today so we'll know going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          Actually it could be Providence too. A Northeastern win over BU will do that. A BC loss to UNH and a Northeastern loss it will be UNH. Any other scenario involving ties or both UNH and NU losses it will be Northeastern.
                          I think you missed one where NU ties and UNH wins...that leads to UNH based on better record against BC.

Comment

I'd rather see them win tonight and play Northeastern. If they can't beat Northeastern with Maddon then they aren't the team we think they are. Keep the win streak alive like they went on in '11-12.

Comment

Oh no question, I am not gonna actively root for them to lose tonight. And NU is more favorable even with Madden than PC would be. In fact if it's PC at UMass I am calling PC in 3.

Comment

As I said a few weeks ago, coaching takes over and makes a huge difference in the postseason. If we're between PC, NU, and UNH.... prefer to avoid Lehman. I'd take my chances against either of Souza and Forrest Gump.

I might add that goaltending is the other big difference maker. While none of these 3 have particularly scary goalies, Lackey at PC does seem to be slightly better.

UNH is significantly lower, so "easier", but less help in PWR at 33rd right now. NU and PC are 20 and 21 respectively so maybe "tougher" but also more helpful mathematically.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X