Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Having a dman like Dulmoulin in front made Milner much better. There were some other dman studs on that team as well, like Cross.(I think)

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      Having a dman like Dulmoulin in front made Milner much better. There were some other dman studs on that team as well, like Cross.(I think)
      What will be really interesting is when the NCAA allows transfers without sitting out. a year. BC will be getting serious interest from players that want to be on championship teams. Newhook could be replaced by a transfer.

Go Eagles!

Comment

I have to admit I don't like the recent transfer trend where you see great players from smaller schools transfer to big time programs. Happening a lot in football and basketball. Just weird for me when I am used to transfers being based on not getting playing time or wanting to be close to home etc. I know the player is doing what is best for them but a major blow to those smaller programs. Wake Forest QB going to Georgia is a recent example.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
          They need to replace the refrigeration system. Since you’re tearing things up anyway, it’s the right time to consider other changes. Apparently, the coaches would like to shrink the rink to 90 feet. So far so good.

If you pull the boards in five feet on each side you have to do something about the seating. You can drop the ice and fill the space with some additional seating or raise the entire bowl. The first option has problems with bedrock/blasting and perhaps groundwater levels (they haven’t exactly shared all the engineering studies they may or may not have done). The second option is estimated at four or five mil.

So ... they are apparently leaning towards doing neither and therefore rendering the first five or six rows worthless due to their setback. And, undoubtedly, inconsiderate “fans” will use the dead zone as an aisle, further impeding everyone’s view.

Trailer park may be a stretch, but it will be ugly.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I have to admit I don't like the recent transfer trend where you see great players from smaller schools transfer to big time programs. Happening a lot in football and basketball. Just weird for me when I am used to transfers being based on not getting playing time or wanting to be close to home etc. I know the player is doing what is best for them but a major blow to those smaller programs. Wake Forest QB going to Georgia is a recent example.
            I'm fine with it. A head coach can leave at any time and assistants who actually recruited most of the kids leave after a year or two at most programs, kids should be able to leave too. You'll lose some kids along the way and gain some too but at the end of the day, it'll still be a small percentage. Most are still kids and 37% of all college students transfer, why hold back certain student athletes. It's BS that every other student athlete can transfer whenever they want with the exception of men's hockey, baseball, football and basketball (men's & women's). Frankly, I'm surprised no one has ever challenged the legality of the rule under title 9.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              I'm fine with it. A head coach can leave at any time and assistants who actually recruited most of the kids leave after a year or two at most programs, kids should be able to leave too. You'll lose some kids along the way and gain some too but at the end of the day, it'll still be a small percentage. Most are still kids and 37% of all college students transfer, why hold back certain student athletes. It's BS that every other student athlete can transfer whenever they want with the exception of men's hockey, baseball, football and basketball (men's & women's). Frankly, I'm surprised no one has ever challenged the legality of the rule under title 9.
              It will work out fine for BC in hockey, as they're one of the haves. It may not work out quite as well in football though. What if a lightly recruited diamond in the rough like say Luke Kuechly or Matt Ryan who thrives here, instead looks to jump to Ohio State or Penn State once they've used a year or two at BC to establish themselves?
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Exactly. And the thing is you don't need to go to a big time program if you can play. You will be found. The NBA has good examples of this like Lillard and McCollum in Portland, Ja Morant, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  It will work out fine for BC in hockey, as they're one of the haves. It may not work out quite as well in football though. What if a lightly recruited diamond in the rough like say Luke Kuechly or Matt Ryan who thrives here, instead looks to jump to Ohio State or Penn State once they've used a year or two at BC to establish themselves?
                  It'll definitely happen, there's no doubt about it. If you look at BC women's hockey and women's lacrosse, there's some really good examples of it. BC women's lacrosse added one of the best scorers in the country and goalies in the country through transferring. Conversely, we all know about what happened with the women's hockey team. I don't think it'll be true free agency because at the end of the day, they can only transfer once. If you look at sports that have it like lacrosse, it happens both ways, good kids moving up and kids who are on the bench for 3 years moving to smaller schools to play but it's still a really small percentage of kids who actually transfer.

The sport which would be effected most by it is basketball in my mind. Much smaller rosters, it'll be pretty evident if a kid transfers they'll be starting immediately and there's already a really high rate of transferring there.

At the end of the day, although I'm a huge BC fan along with my family who's had season tickets off and on over the past 30 years, I always take the look at the players themselves. If they aren't happy or have a better opportunity, go for it. I also keep coming back to coaches leaving, it's one of the more screwed up things in the ncaa. 23 schools have new head coaches in the FCS this upcoming year, that's 18% of schools, never mind the hundreds of assistant coaches. If a coach can leave at the drop of a hat, a player should be able to move on too.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                    Not ready to look too far ahead, there are still a lot to play for right here in Boston. Shout out to the Eagles last night, Knight was more than solid and Hutsko's move to create space for the pass on Cotton's goal was just incredible. He gave Cotton a gimme putt, as did Boldy and the BU defenseman who fell down on NEwhook's goal. Warren's move on pass to Moore was quick thinking and creative, he almost lost control of the puck and then he gets it across to Moore for the shot. That kid is going to be really good for BC, he already is but he is going to get better. BU is tough and I will be glad to see Curry and Harper gone, they are two very good hockey players, they deserved better, but.......they went to BU. Tucker played well, BC was just better in all three zones. Close out the RS with 25 wins, don't leave any question in anyone's mind.
                    Ihave still yet to see Newhook's goal at BU Saturday night. NESN was showing the Maine-Providence game. The BU/NESN feed didn't show the replay during the first intermission. And they didn't show it on the game highlights they submit to Hockeyeastonline.com. I usually rely on BC twitter-- they put out their own angles and replays of the BC goals, matched up with their commentators; but all they did was show Newhook's celebration. Does anyone know where I can see the goal in its entirety?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      Ihave still yet to see Newhook's goal at BU Saturday night. NESN was showing the Maine-Providence game. The BU/NESN feed didn't show the replay during the first intermission. And they didn't show it on the game highlights they submit to Hockeyeastonline.com. I usually rely on BC twitter-- they put out their own angles and replays of the BC goals, matched up with their commentators; but all they did was show Newhook's celebration. Does anyone know where I can see the goal in its entirety?
                      I haven't seen a great replay of it either. BU didn't seem to put it in their clip package either.

In person, it was a ghastly turnover as a BU Dman fell down with the puck in his own zone. Easy goal.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                        works both ways, look at jurkovec. a very highly recruited kid to a factory program isn't getting a chance to play

coaches can break contracts without repercussions, why can't uncompensated student athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          works both ways, look at jurkovec. a very highly recruited kid to a factory program isn't getting a chance to play

coaches can break contracts without repercussions, why can't uncompensated student athletes?
                          Been a few busy weeks here and haven't been over to the nexus in a while. Do we know for sure if Jurkovec is eligible for this coming season? Or do we need to wait for the NCAA to make a ruling?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Been a few busy weeks here and haven't been over to the nexus in a while. Do we know for sure if Jurkovec is eligible for this coming season? Or do we need to wait for the NCAA to make a ruling?
                            Still waiting on the NCAA to make a ruling, should expect to hear over the next couple of months, there's no firm timeline

Comment

These transfers go through easier and easier these days which is exactly why I am expecting BC to get boned...just because.

Comment

bc is correctly slowplaying this, no need to rush when there could be legislation this summer that grants him immediate eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X