Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    can you or a UNH fan explain? whats up with" trailer park " reno to the Whitt?
    They need to replace the refrigeration system. Since you’re tearing things up anyway, it’s the right time to consider other changes. Apparently, the coaches would like to shrink the rink to 90 feet. So far so good.

If you pull the boards in five feet on each side you have to do something about the seating. You can drop the ice and fill the space with some additional seating or raise the entire bowl. The first option has problems with bedrock/blasting and perhaps groundwater levels (they haven’t exactly shared all the engineering studies they may or may not have done). The second option is estimated at four or five mil.

So ... they are apparently leaning towards doing neither and therefore rendering the first five or six rows worthless due to their setback. And, undoubtedly, inconsiderate “fans” will use the dead zone as an aisle, further impeding everyone’s view.

Trailer park may be a stretch, but it will be ugly.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

was that a member of pinhead nation is saw on nesn saturday night?

great to see the trophy presentation, not sure if it was cotton's voice (might've been boldy) that once they got the trophy said 1 down 2 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        was that a member of pinhead nation is saw on nesn saturday night?

great to see the trophy presentation, not sure if it was cotton's voice (might've been boldy) that once they got the trophy said 1 down 2 to go.
        In the comments after the Merrimack game York said Cotton was one of the best Captains in his 25 years at BC. That is pretty high praise.

Comment

newhook is up to 40 points

totals as a FR based on my limited recollection.

newhook: 40
          colin white: 43
          johnny: 44
          joe whitney: 51

btw newhook definitely needs another year

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            newhook is up to 40 points

totals as a FR based on my limited recollection.

newhook: 40
            colin white: 43
            johnny: 44
            joe whitney: 51

btw newhook definitely needs another year
            And the other three all stayed at least one more year. Positive vibes!
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
              I think BC will stay in Worcester as the 4th overall seed regardless of whether DU is 5th or not. They will just swap DU and UMD. I would not mind being 6th overall and going to Albany against Cornell. If all holds form that means Minnesota St in the semifinals instead of North Dakota.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                I think BC will stay in Worcester as the 4th overall seed regardless of whether DU is 5th or not. They will just swap DU and UMD. I would not mind being 6th overall and going to Albany against Cornell. If all holds form that means Minnesota St in the semifinals instead of North Dakota.

Go Eagles!
                Yes rest

Comment

It’s been such a good while since we had legit title hopes, I haven’t really given much thought or care about who stays or leaves after this season. You guys gotta stop talking about it. It’s freaking me out.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Just enjoy the ride. At this point it would certainly be disappointing to not win HE tournament or go back to FF. Hopefully they can achieve at least one of those goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      Times have changed. Look at 1st round picks forwards picked in the NHL over the last few seasons and most leave after one season.

Comment

Last thing I will say on this is you can handle one early departure. Newhook's impact is evident as you march towards tournament time. So if you lose Newhook but you return Knight, Boldy and Hardman...that is sustainable. But enough about that, he's been a treat to watch. Knight has been very good but Newhook has been spectacular. I know Hockey East likes doing shared awards and Zegras has been good but in my opinion Newhook is runaway favorite for ROTY.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Last thing I will say on this is you can handle one early departure. Newhook's impact is evident as you march towards tournament time. So if you lose Newhook but you return Knight, Boldy and Hardman...that is sustainable. But enough about that, he's been a treat to watch. Knight has been very good but Newhook has been spectacular. I know Hockey East likes doing shared awards and Zegras has been good but in my opinion Newhook is runaway favorite for ROTY.
                          I knew Newhook was coming on strong but he's led the nation in scoring apparently since Jan 1st. That's insane. Zegras is definitely filthy but the hot hand right now is Newhook and he has all the hot press right now.

TMQ thinks he may be a Hobey dark horse. The Hobey picture is pretty nuts this year, no real clear cut players or set of players to choose from. Leonard is great but Umass isn't going to get that 2 years in a row and he doesn't generally pass enough for my taste (3 assists the other night wow). But he's ridiculously good. Goalies, meh? Providence guys are good but team performance is not that great and they would even split some of the vote to some degree, which one is better? IDK. Who is North Dakota's best player? Seems like it is spread out there like it is at BC. I don't know what to think about it, but it's up for grabs right now and the winner of March among a large group could win the Hobey.
                          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-03-2020, 10:27 AM.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Leonard is great but Umass isn't going to get that 2 years in a row and he doesn't generally pass enough for my taste (3 assists the other night wow). But he's ridiculously good.
                            He is extremely impressive. His younger brother Ryan has 28 goals and counting as a freshman(!) at Pope Francis, so it appears that the Leonard family talent has not petered out.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Gaudreau (1st team) and Dumoulin (2nd) named to CHN's all-decade team. I give them some credit for knowing just how gd good Dumoulin was right from the get go. +40 as a freshman (next best BC player that year was Atkinson +26). +23 and +27 (also led the team) in sophomore and junior seasons. +90 in 123 career games. Ridiculous.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Best overall dman for BC since Leetch. Yes, better than Mottau.

Comment

Working...
                                X