Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Give Edquist the shot, he sat out the first half, he is finally able to play. He is a Senior and everyone should be all healed up and ready to go. January is a big month, we will see how solid they are in the coming weeks. I saw the summary of the Fin game on You Tube, I don't recall Whalstrom being as good with the puck last year, he has become better but still a long way from NHL good. Zegras is scary good with the puck.
    Wahlstrom is a year older and playing with his pro organization affiliated with the Islanders. My friend said he was on the Islanders 4th line for awhile.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

These kids are fun to watch. Steve would be over the moon.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Great in close passing, Greco nets three plus an assist. Nice to see a 4th line score goals. Only blemish was the misconduct by McPhee, really stupid penalty, no excuse. Did not see the ice after that. This is not the first time he has taken a bad no excuse penalty. Wouldn't be surprised if he was in streets next Friday. Edquist played well, made 25 saves more or less. Some of them pretty good. Next three games are big.

Comment

This team is a wagon. I can't even explain how happy I am for Ron Greco. Consider... he was sitting on 2 goals for the night and he served the penalty for McPhee. I've always been a fan of the way he plays the game... to see that unfold today was just something else.

The forecheck was ferocious today and gave UVM problems, especially after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Speaking of McPhee, not sure what he was thinking. Harmless to be honest, but I've never really seen anything like that. He had an assist and 12 minutes of penalties logged at the same time on the scoresheet!

Hardman's pass while all alone in front to Rasanen for the easy goal is one of those plays that stands out and really is just more than an assist. The entire sequence was tremendous as I believe Rasanen knocked a Catamount down with a solid hit, which allowed him a lane back to the net to get the pass from Hardman. McLaughlin and Hardman are those two Ty Hennes/Billy Arnold/Mike Lephart types that you need to have to win a championship.

I have no question about this roster. All the pieces are here to win the trophies.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            This team is a wagon. I can't even explain how happy I am for Ron Greco. Consider... he was sitting on 2 goals for the night and he served the penalty for McPhee. I've always been a fan of the way he plays the game... to see that unfold today was just something else.

The forecheck was ferocious today and gave UVM problems, especially after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Speaking of McPhee, not sure what he was thinking. Harmless to be honest, but I've never really seen anything like that. He had an assist and 12 minutes of penalties logged at the same time on the scoresheet!

Hardman's pass while all alone in front to Rasanen for the easy goal is one of those plays that stands out and really is just more than an assist. The entire sequence was tremendous as I believe Rasanen knocked a Catamount down with a solid hit, which allowed him a lane back to the net to get the pass from Hardman. McLaughlin and Hardman are those two Ty Hennes/Billy Arnold/Mike Lephart types that you need to have to win a championship.

I have no question about this roster. All the pieces are here to win the trophies.
            The speed is the big thing I noticed and the fact that regardless of the score they play just as hard until the final whistle. Just wait until Boldy starts finding the back of the net!

UMass is playing very good hockey. I really like Greg Carvel, his teams play an uptempo game much like we do. If he keeps having success at UMass he is my top pick to replace JY in a few years. I think we are in for some very entertaining hockey next weekend. I’m looking forward to making the trip out to UMass on Saturday.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              These kids are fun to watch. Steve would be over the moon.
              I know it , you hit the nail on the head Jack . I reach for the phone , still , thinking we can talk about the game and then it sets in. He’d be bonkers over this team ........and I think we’re all catching on . Something special brewing at the Heights !

Comment

They are good and getting better, rolling four lines, makes it tough for the other team to keep up in the 3rd period. UVM is not much of a team, we will know better at the end of January but we haven't had this much fun since 2016.

Comment

6572 yesterday. Excellent.

Comment

i've heard some praises for Mike Hardman and was quite surprised as i've never seen him play. but he's "only" the team's 6th best scorer. as a freshman, what is great. but seeming him talked about surprised me a bit ... what's your opinion?

Comment

Hardman is going to be one of those really nice four year guys at BC. I like his game. His name is appropriate as he is a “hard hat” player. Need these guys on the roster for stability and to lead by example for the skilled guys. When I say that pass last night is more than a pass I mean it. Teammates notice he passed up a high quality shot for himself and got it to a teammate that was 100% likely to score instead. Everyone in the room notices that. Think Lombardi/Price as well. Solid set of skills actually with decent size.

Anyway, did I mention how happy it made me to see Ron Greco score a hat trick? That’s really all we should be talking about for the next week.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well that was certainly interesting. Ron Greco with a hat trick and four total points? That was like seeing a total eclipse of the sun. Happy for him though. He works hard.

McPhee really needs to tone down the idiocy though. Along with the unsportsmanlike + misconduct, he of course had another penalty earlier. Again. I'd normally expect that as a the son of a former player and current hockey executive that he'd have more hockey sense than he has shown.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

There is no doubt this is a very good team and I share your excitement, especially given how much of an improvement this team is over the past three versions. But that said, let's not get too far out over our skis just yet. It still yet to be determined whether this team is just good or something more than that. No fault of their own, but most of what looked like their most impressive victories so far have been over teams that have turned out to be not as good as they looked (Notre Dame, Harvard) or just not good period (Wisconsin). The win at Providence is the really impressive one. Let's see how they perform when they play UMass, Lowell, and Northeastern this coming weekend. Home and home with UMass should give a good accounting of where they truly stand.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Providence win was very impressive, on the road after a heart breaking loss to UNH in OT the night before, without Hustko and Prov scoring first. Started the turn around for the season. 3 of the 4 losses were with Hustko in streets. He needs to be on the ice in every game. The goal last night was just a beautiful hockey play. Cotton waited,took his time to get the puck over to Hustko and then a laser wrister. Fun to watch.
                            Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-05-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

A lot to like about this team. A lot. We'll see how they fare against a good string of opponents coming up. And sure some of those big wins are not as big now (Harvard is a mess) but they've answered the bell every time so far basically. Good mix of size, speed, skill and some guys like Hardman and McLaughlin that are seemingly prized (to me anyway) hybrid type players - I always like these types that can play any role like a Paul Carey type.

I also like to note in addition to the other things mentioned, I like that Cotton barely celebrated in scoring the easy PP goal in a blowout. I also appreciate that UVM did not goon it up in a blowout like you would see from a program like Merrimack.

Also stick tap to the team for doing the autographs after the game. My daughter was happy she got to meet them all and they certainly represent the school well. Greco was floating on a cloud as well he should. I hope the boys took him out to dinner after the game. Probably the most remarkable/unlikely hat trick we've seen since Matt Lombardi got the OT winner in the HE title game vs Maine a long time ago to complete his hat trick. Now that I think about it, Greco single-handedly won a free taco for everyone in attendance.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Hardman is going to be one of those really nice four year guys at BC. I like his game. His name is appropriate as he is a “hard hat” player. Need these guys on the roster for stability and to lead by example for the skilled guys. When I say that pass last night is more than a pass I mean it. Teammates notice he passed up a high quality shot for himself and got it to a teammate that was 100% likely to score instead. Everyone in the room notices that. Think Lombardi/Price as well. Solid set of skills actually with decent size.

Anyway, did I mention how happy it made me to see Ron Greco score a hat trick? That’s really all we should be talking about for the next week.
                                That Hardman play started by him knocking a defender on his *** in the corner and then he got to the front of the net. He has a real good skill set and has really clicked with Rasanen. Rasanen now has equaled his goal total for the previous two years combined. Hardman and Newhook helping bring the best out of him.

4th line really solidified with return of Giles and dropping McLaughlin to 4th line center. I know we have criticized the coaches in recent years but they made some good lineup adjustments when they struggled early in the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X