Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    McPhee is a mess. He’s turning into a net negative with the stupid penalties.
    On the radio they were saying he was benched at least the next shift for his lack of discipline

The problems in the defensive end were glaring

On the radio they commented continually how BC could not get the puck out of their defensive zone allowing BU to put pressure on them

They need to do a better job clearing the puck past their blue line to relieve the pressure
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

That stretch of icings/penalty in their own zone sucked.

BC had some of that too and the 3rd goal was a result of it. Raycroft made a good call on the Karow play in that he recognized the BU player was gassed so he could gamble there slightly knowing he wouldn’t get beat/a dump was coming. Aggressive play on the blue line as he backed out with little downside, knocked down the puck and back in the zone. No BU change and Hutsko buried it. Good play by Karow.

Hardman/Newhook is a terrific combo. Hardman goal was also lucky. Hope the good bounces keep coming but maybe save a few for April?
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I just hope the injuries don’t pile up

So far Rasenen and Giles

The depth this year has really helped 🦅
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Ya Tucker would want the Hardman goal back. York said Hardman's grandfather was captain for BU back when York played. Didn't know that.

Comment

Good way to cap off the weekend. Always nice to beat BU. Made the horrible ride home through the snow worth it.

Not having Giles is pretty darn noticeable for a fourth liner. Swapping Walker for Giles turned that 4th line into a net defensive liability.

Totally agree about McPhee. The dumb penalties have gotten old. He really has regressed as a player.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Ya Tucker would want the Hardman goal back .
              As would Knight want the third, final tying goal back .

Comment

Really? I thought that was a nice shot.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  he got a piece of it, maybe just i'm expecting him to stop that, didnt seem like he had to move..............................even the bottom bowl was packed, hard to find a red seat on the feed. Would have loved to be there

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    just saw the replay, you're right, was watching from my phone at that time in a bar. Not a good combo

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      just saw the replay, you're right, was watching from my phone at that time in a bar. Not a good combo
                      Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. 😂
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. 😂
                        yup this is true though i cant claim fat, It was a snipe in fact! Then the phone dies when BU had the 6 X 4 and i missed the end

Comment

Yea that goal was a laser. Kind of impressed Knight even got a piece of it.

When you take into account the great saucer pass into the middle and the fact he one-timed it, that is a sick play at the college level.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

It was a terrrific game, crowd that was into it, emotional game for both teams, high level talent on both sides and yes some serious miscues on both ends. Punch, counter punch and the knock out on an effort play by Cotton and Matilla and a little puck luck for BC. The last 4 minutes was hair on fire hockey and BU was close several times to batting it in. Mcphe takes bonehead penalty, again in the offensive zone, JY sat him for 1 or 2 shifts but he needs to be on the ice with that big body. The penalty on Finkelstein was legit, but again it was a wild last 4 minutes. Cockerill was barking at Hutsko, not sure why he clearly cross checked him into the ice, then Hutsko takes off his glove and waves bye bye as Cockerill heads into the box, was close to taunting. Scott Hansen would have called it. Speaking of Hutsko, what a talent, he was all over the ice and logged a lot of minutes. BU was lucky it wasn't 4-1 after 1, Matilla and Hutsko both had break aways but both went wide on the blocker side. BU D cleaned it up in the second period and it was much more even and the third was pretty even, Cotton and Matilla keep the play alive on the GWG, they were on the ice a long time but there was a TV time out in there so they had a chance to catch their breath. PP goal on the McPhee penalty, oof but it was a real snipe. I think Knight saw it and just glanced off his glove. It would have been a great save but I am guessing he would like that back, just like Tucker wants the second BC goal back. Knight did make some serious glove saves at the end, one on Zengras. It was nice to see the handshake line, even though it is a bitter rivalry there is a lot of respect for each other. Knight and Zengras were particularly congratulatory and looked like they were complimenting one another. BC BU like the old days. Beanpot should be fun, buckle up
                            Last edited by DNAEagle; 01-19-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                              It was a terrrific game, crowd that was into it, emotional game for both teams, high level talent on both sides and yes some serious miscues on both ends. Punch, counter punch and the knock out on an effort play by Cotton and Matilla and a little puck luck for BC. The last 4 minutes was hair on fire hockey and BU was close several times to batting it in. Mcphe takes bonehead penalty, again in the offensive zone, JY sat him for 1 or 2 shifts but he needs to be on the ice with that big body. The penalty on Finkelstein was legit, but again it was a wild last 4 minutes. Cockerill was barking at Hutsko, not sure why he clearly cross checked him into the ice, then Hutsko takes off his glove and waves bye bye as Cockerill heads into the box, was close to taunting. Scott Hansen would have called it. Speaking of Hutsko, what a talent, he was all over the ice and logged a lot of minutes. BU was lucky it wasn't 4-1 after 1, Matilla and Hutsko both had break aways but both went wide on the blocker side. BU D cleaned it up in the second period and it was much more even and the third was pretty even, Cotton and Matilla keep the play alive on the GWG, they were on the ice a long time but there was a TV time out in there so they had a chance to catch their breath. PP goal on the McPhee penalty, oof but it was a real snipe. I think Knight saw it and just glanced off his glove. It would have been a great save but I am guessing he would like that back, just like Tucker wants the second BC goal back. Knight did make some serious glove saves at the end, one on Zengras. It was nice to see the handshake line, even though it is a bitter rivalry there is a lot of respect for each other. Knight and Zengras were particularly congratulatory and looked like they were complimenting one another. BC BU like the old days. Beanpot should be fun, buckle up
                              Connor Moore was very indecisive with the puck last night. It led to the 3rd BU goal when he had plenty of time to clear the zone. He also made poor decisions on the power play. Very uncharacteristic of him.

Go Eagles!

Comment

I looked at the scoring goals on line and the goal by Harper was a excellent play, drop pass to Harper curling off the half wall and into the slot. A rifle shot,Knight had no chance. The third goal by Curry was equally impressive, a pass into the slot and a one timer. It did deflect slightly off of Knight's glove but it would have been a miracle to catch it. Just tip your hat and say great shot. In the first period BU was hunting Hustko, who can blame them, they were hitting him every time he came on the ice. He had a goal, a breakaway that he missed on, a couple of other good chances and drew 2 minutes on Cockerill. I think they decided that was not going to work, they played him pretty much straight up for the rest of the game. Scored again on a nice feed from Mattila and was right at the top of the crease on the GWG. BC's top line did the Terriers in and the top line was the scoring line for BU. Just a real good hockey game with the best outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X