Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    I think the committee would only do this without any other good options. Invoking the “banding” to move teams around will likely be used to protect BC if they were a 1 seed and keep them in Worcester.
    Protecting BC means unprotecting an even higher seed. Do you send Cornell to Colorado or Minnesota State there to play a #5 Denver. No. A #6 Denver against a #3 Minnesota State, Yes. A #3 Cornell against a #6 Denver, a possibility but Cornell deserves Albany more than BC deserves Worcester.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Next weekend should be very interesting. If BC does not continue playing with fire in their eyes as they have they may end up facing UNH 4 or 5 times in a row. Northeastern has fallen badly and being only a point in front of UNH there is plenty of motivation for UNH.
      UNH has had plenty of motivation for a month now, it hasn’t turned into results. The only reason “we” are mathematically viable is abysmal performance by NU and Proviced (there’s a bracket in there somewhere, but I just can’t recall where. Jon?). Expect an interesting game for a period or two Friday and a B.C. blowout Saturday.
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

On North Dakota, I don't think the committee would have a problem pairing them with #7 overall. I do think they would avoid placing them in Loveland if Denver is #5 overall.

Comment

Not sure what the percentages are but seems likely BC will finish top 6 in PWR. If finishing 6th meant a pairing with Cornell or Minnesota State that could even be more favorable than being paired with the machine that is UMD in Worcester. Nice having this conversation after a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Not sure what the percentages are but seems likely BC will finish top 6 in PWR. If finishing 6th meant a pairing with Cornell or Minnesota State that could even be more favorable than being paired with the machine that is UMD in Worcester. Nice having this conversation after a few years.
            Here are your percentages: 95% 4-6 with 51% 4th

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ra...lityMatrix.php

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              You conveniently omitted that Leonard leads the COUNTRY in goals (26) and leads HE in goals (20). That might help his cause.
              No question that Newhook is ROY. Newhook and Spencer will be on the All Rookie Team, and Boldy should be as well. That's an impressive recruiting class.
              I know Leonard has been on fire with goals, I was just surprised at how few assists he has on the season. Then, last night; boom-- a goal and three assists. And, by the eyeball test, both Leonard and Newhook have been so impressive this season. Nothing fluky about their points. It will be interesting who Hockey East picks as its Player of the Month for February. Both guys have been ridiculous. Newhook has to be the Hockey East Rookie of the Year.

Comment

Really interesting stats on historical NCAA rookies put together by Peters.
                https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...459694592?s=21

The NCAA freshmen who had 40 or more points who left after their freshman year are, Eichel, Keller, Larkin & Pirri left after their freshman year.

Comment

It's definitely a possibility. I am hoping the Avs like what happened with Makar playing two years at UMass. We'll see.

Comment

different position- I think Newhook could play in NHL right now
                    How Canada cut him from world junior team shows how much they hate when players go to college instead of junior

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                      different position- I think Newhook could play in NHL right now
                      How Canada cut him from world junior team shows how much they hate when players go to college instead of junior
                      UNH fans will be more than happy to take up a collection to make that happen this week, prior to our games. Oh, and he can take Boldy, Knight, Cotton with him for good company (and BOTH Mattila bros for good measure...)
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-01-2020, 04:22 PM.
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        UNH fans will be more than happy to take up a collection to make that happen this week, prior to our games. Oh, and he can take Boldy, Knight, Cotton with him for good company (and BOTH Mattila bros for good measure...)
                        By the sounds of it, UNH should worry more about their proposed trailer park style arena renovations than anyone else. Sounds like the Islanders moving to Brooklyn. Not too often I think a school President sounds dumber than Leahy but UNH has us beat with their rink redesign.

Comment

Not ready to look too far ahead, there are still a lot to play for right here in Boston. Shout out to the Eagles last night, Knight was more than solid and Hutsko's move to create space for the pass on Cotton's goal was just incredible. He gave Cotton a gimme putt, as did Boldy and the BU defenseman who fell down on NEwhook's goal. Warren's move on pass to Moore was quick thinking and creative, he almost lost control of the puck and then he gets it across to Moore for the shot. That kid is going to be really good for BC, he already is but he is going to get better. BU is tough and I will be glad to see Curry and Harper gone, they are two very good hockey players, they deserved better, but.......they went to BU. Tucker played well, BC was just better in all three zones. Close out the RS with 25 wins, don't leave any question in anyone's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                            By the sounds of it, UNH should worry more about their proposed trailer park style arena renovations than anyone else. Sounds like the Islanders moving to Brooklyn. Not too often I think a school President sounds dumber than Leahy but UNH has us beat with their rink redesign.
                            Hey...it's a joke...my post...it's a joke. But, I do agree with your rink observations...this can't end well.
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-01-2020, 09:11 PM.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              different position
                              This is a solid point. Defense is nowhere near as forgiving in the NHL.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                                can you or a UNH fan explain? whats up with" trailer park " reno to the Whitt?
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-02-2020, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X