Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

the '10-'11 team was filthy. as you said just had a crappy night in a city of horrors. i think i have successfully blocked out most of that game from memory (remember scoring early thinking alright here we go, and then after a CC onslaught scoring in thinking we're starting to turn it around) but does anyone remember much of what went wrong that game?

Comment

Just a calamity of errors. Muse wasn't great, BC was not prepared for CC's top line (specifically Jaden Schwartz). Or if they were, they just got outclassed. He was drafted by the Blues so he put on a show for them! I also remember multiple if not numerous breakaways for CC including at least one shorthanded breakaway.

Comment

the 5 forward powerplay unit!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          the 5 forward powerplay unit!
          Yea, we got Whitney'd that night. It worked most nights... just not that one.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

then york would roll out the 2nd unit with 3 first round forwards. that team was ridiculous

Comment

The 10-11 (30-8-1) team was a lot like the 86-87 (31-8-0) team in that they both were dominant teams with early exits. I believe the 86-87 team may not have played at BC because of the demolition of McHugh but not sure if that year it was just for the playoffs or the whole season. They were stifled by Minnesota goalie John Blue in a 2 game total goals series. On that team were Craig Janney, Brian Leetch, Kevin Stevens, Dan Shea, Ken Hodge, Tim Sweeney, Greg Brown and David Littman among others. 4 of them had 28 or more goals that year.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                The 10-11 (30-8-1) team was a lot like the 86-87 (31-8-0) team in that they both were dominant teams with early exits. I believe the 86-87 team may not have played at BC because of the demolition of McHugh but not sure if that year it was just for the playoffs or the whole season. They were stifled by Minnesota goalie John Blue in a 2 game total goals series. On that team were Craig Janney, Brian Leetch, Kevin Stevens, Dan Shea, Ken Hodge, Tim Sweeney, Greg Brown and David Littman among others. 4 of them had 28 or more goals that year.
                BC was on the road the entire '86-87 and '87-88 seasons while Conte Forum was being built where McHugh Forum once stood. Home games played at BU, Harvard and Northeastern those two years.
                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Back to hockey here for a moment.

- I was surprised with the physicality that BC showed last weekend. There were some big hits right off the bat and it set the tone for the entire weekend.
                  - McPhee was chirping like a songbird on Friday night. He was playing the instigator role perfectly. If he can keep that up and be smart about it without giving opponents a power play, I like it.
                  - McBain continues to progress. He's skating with a lot of confidence.
                  - They've done well with Giles out of the lineup. I think he strengthens it but given how well he had been playing lately, there was concern it could sink the season but it feels like maybe that has been debunked.

It feels like ages ago when the team started out the season having a real big penalty problem. They've done a good job of keeping that under control the past few months (aside from the gd Pot). If it gets out of control, it's end of season pretty soon in the one-and-done format. Stay out of the box and not many teams are going to have fun against them.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I think Giles worked well with McLaughlin and helped the PK. I think it was more that they couldn't afford to lose anyone else after that. Really instead of 4 lines I am confident in it's 3 now...which is fine. Walker kinda bugs me. Too many penalties for the amount of ice time he gets.

If the current 3rd line can play like they have recently that's a big development. And then you have Rasanen on 4th line ready to move up the lineup if needed.

Comment

Giles is a real loss no doubt, hard to see Rasanen on the 4th line, too good too experienced to have limited ice time. I agree on Walker he takes too many penalties. Rasanen is very good on the PK (his shorty last week end was a nice boost for him) and face offs late in the game. I do like Greco's motor, he never stops skating and is pesky on the PK. Big change over the last few games is the play of the Freshmen line, they are rolling and they are just learning to play with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I think Giles worked well with McLaughlin and helped the PK. I think it was more that they couldn't afford to lose anyone else after that. Really instead of 4 lines I am confident in it's 3 now...which is fine. Walker kinda bugs me. Too many penalties for the amount of ice time he gets.

If the current 3rd line can play like they have recently that's a big development. And then you have Rasanen on 4th line ready to move up the lineup if needed.
                        just clicking around i noticed this which is more to you guy's point on Giles. 8-1-1 (8-2) when he plays and 13-7 when he doesnt

Comment

Not surprised by that. Not that he's a great player but I think he did help the PK and just helped solidify a 4th line you could confidently throw out there for a regular shift. Although now it looks like they may have something brewing with the current 3rd line.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Not surprised by that. Not that he's a great player but I think he did help the PK and just helped solidify a 4th line you could confidently throw out there for a regular shift. Although now it looks like they may have something brewing with the current 3rd line.
                            I would move Rasanen up to the 3rd line and drop McPhee to the 4th line. I think that would give us a 3rd line as good as the first and second and certainly better than any 3rd line in the East, maybe the country.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                              I would move Rasanen up to the 3rd line and drop McPhee to the 4th line. I think that would give us a 3rd line as good as the first and second and certainly better than any 3rd line in the East, maybe the country.

Go Eagles!
                              Outstanding stick skills over that series. Wow. Different team now... hitting their stride evidently.

Comment

This game could have been 5-0 or 6-0 after the first period. Boldy is really feeling it. Gonna be tough to deal with having 3 lines rolling like this.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X