Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    BC football could be so much fun with a good coach. It’s a shame that Leahy screws up every hire and is arrogant enough to make the next hire. Basketball is a total dumpster fire!

Go Eagles!
    Christian is telling the press in his preseason interviews that the goal of this team is the Final Four... because.... why not us?

Drain the Swamp (Reservoir?). I'm a hard pass on Jarmond lately too after seeing the dialogue about not playing the fight song after every goal 2 weeks ago.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It is good to have lefty goals so talk about a FF is impressive but I guess if I were Christian I would be looking to make the tournament as a big enough goal for this season. Christian is the basketball equivalent of Daz, guaranteed to lose games in the 4th quarter several times a year. Basketball is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Christian is telling the press in his preseason interviews that the goal of this team is the Final Four... because.... why not us?

Drain the Swamp (Reservoir?). I'm a hard pass on Jarmond lately too after seeing the dialogue about not playing the fight song after every goal 2 weeks ago.
        The final four in the NIT?

Comment

I will say the fight song thing you're talking about...you don't usually see ADs go back and forth like that on social media. That was very interesting. Maybe he's frustrated overall. Has made some good minor hires but has not been given a chance to hire football/men's hoops.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I will say the fight song thing you're talking about...you don't usually see ADs go back and forth like that on social media. That was very interesting. Maybe he's frustrated overall. Has made some good minor hires but has not been given a chance to hire football/men's hoops.
            I just can’t figure out how with all of the problems with the football and basketball programs our AD actually has time to think about the music after a hockey goal. Worse is the fact that BC pays him $700,000 per year and this is the nonsense he spends his time on.

Comment

I just can’t figure out how with all of the problems with the football and basketball programs our AD actually has time to think about the music after a hockey goal. Worse is the fact that BC pays him $700,000 per year and this is the nonsense he spends his time on.
              Yup.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

And the game altering penalties continue. Disappointing game so far. Bottom line is if you can't get the penalties under control you will keep losing to good teams. A lot of my viewing has been stats/box scores but has Knight been underwhelming so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  And the game altering penalties continue. Disappointing game so far. Bottom line is if you can't get the penalties under control you will keep losing to good teams. A lot of my viewing has been stats/box scores but has Knight been underwhelming so far?
                  He just let in a comedy goal.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Back below .500.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Also, coverage on the face off was horrific on that 5th goal...

Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-25-2019, 09:14 PM.
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

@UNH for their home opener next Friday and then @PC Saturday

Comment

Knight had a bad game. That's gonna happen on occasion with any freshman. Or with any goalie for that matter. Cotton needs to understand that when killing penalties, the primary goal is to kill off the penalty, not to try to score a shorthanded goal. For your senior captain to take an offensive zone penalty while killing a five man major to put the team down 5 on 3 for a full two minutes in a one goal game is simply unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I love Cotton as a player, but that was a bad play at the worst possible time and put the team in a terrible position from which they never recovered.

And Greco? Dude. The number one order for third/fourth lines players is to stay out of the box. Never mind a 5 minute major in a one goal game after they twice came back with goals to narrow it to a one goal game. You just can't be doing stuff like that.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Fair point on both Knight and Greco. Greco now has a 5 min major and a penalty in a one goal game with 2 mins left in regulation in back to back games. I like him as a player... he has to be held accountable for that. With most of the roster healthy it may be time to sit him for a game to get straightened out.

We need a sports psychologist badly. The penalties are just lousy penalties.

PC is a tremendously difficult team to play against and at least on D and F they appear to have no weak links. I think that needs to be pointed out in addition to a dreadful performance from BC... PC is just a very good team. Leaman is doing serious stuff there obviously and he’s easily one of the best coaches in the game now.

Very tough opening schedule here. Hoping they get their heads on straight and this schedule benefits them down the road. No real conclusions can be made right now other than the penalties are infinitely foolish (and seemingly in quantity as well).

Let’s see how this develops.

Comment

The schedule is why I am not panicking but I have to admit I thought Knight would be a little more consistent. I know he's young but with his pedigree and what people think of him...

They've had a lead for 4 minutes over the last three games. Falling behind, crucial penalties, poor special teams, inconsistent goaltending. Losses will mount. Not gonna be any easier next weekend. Hopefully the biggest issue has been the quality of the opponent.

Comment

What else can he do ?

I'm convinced Leahy hired a puppet because he obviously has no power to fire and hire.

Leahy is the one who says yes or no

As far as last night, same stupid penalties and lack of discipline

Power Play is powerless and bad habits of the past few years continues with bad turnovers and poor decisions with the puck.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X