Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Honestly I think he was playing really well. So for someone with his pedigree, I thought he'd get the benefit of the doubt. BC had him playing center and on a line with inferior linemates which I think hurt his stat line. When Rasanen played with Hardman and Newhook he put up numbers too but even when Boldy wasn't getting points he was doing a lot of things well.

Comment

I believe he played LW last year and currently playing RW. So I really think playing center was a big adjustment as well as not playing with the other top forwards on the team.

Comment

Did they give em the trophy out on the ice? 15-10 shot advantage in the 3rd. Nice job closing that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Did they give em the trophy out on the ice? 15-10 shot advantage in the 3rd. Nice job closing that one out.
          Someone who was there will have to answer that. Since all of these "telecasts" are webcasts now, they cut the broadcast off about .1 second after the game ends.

Comment

Couldn't find BCs all time record at Agganis but add another W.

If I had to guess they gave the trophy in locker room.

Comment

I believe they may have locked up at least a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. The only drawback I can envision is being paired with Denver at overall 3 and 6 or 4 and 5. In that case they head west as Denver is a host school. Probably any other scenario gets them in Worcester as the 1 or 2 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Couldn't find BCs all time record at Agganis but add another W.

If I had to guess they gave the trophy in locker room.
                Based on my count, BC is now 14-4-2 at Agganis after tonight's win.

And yes, they didn't do anything on the ice with the trophy.

Comment

Next weekend should be very interesting. If BC does not continue playing with fire in their eyes as they have they may end up facing UNH 4 or 5 times in a row. Northeastern has fallen badly and being only a point in front of UNH there is plenty of motivation for UNH.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    I believe they may have locked up at least a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. The only drawback I can envision is being paired with Denver at overall 3 and 6 or 4 and 5. In that case they head west as Denver is a host school. Probably any other scenario gets them in Worcester as the 1 or 2 seed.
                    It’s highly unlikely they put BC out west unless UMass ends up ranked higher than them in the pair wise. They need a school to draw attendance in Worcester and have shown in the past attendance matters huge when doing the bracket.

Comment

That's not so certain anymore though. If BC ends up in a natural pairing with Denver and there are other eastern teams that naturally fit in the eastern regionals we could be sweating that out on selection day.

Comment

• Congrats on the reg season trophy. Totally deserved.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          That's not so certain anymore though. If BC ends up in a natural pairing with Denver and there are other eastern teams that naturally fit in the eastern regionals we could be sweating that out on selection day.
                          I think if BC is a 1 seed, their chances of Worcester are very high. The only other eastern 1 seed will be Cornell and you have to think they're overwhelmingly likely to be ticketed to Albany.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I think the committee would only do this without any other good options. Invoking the “banding” to move teams around will likely be used to protect BC if they were a 1 seed and keep them in Worcester.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                              Next weekend should be very interesting. If BC does not continue playing with fire in their eyes as they have they may end up facing UNH 4 or 5 times in a row. Northeastern has fallen badly and being only a point in front of UNH there is plenty of motivation for UNH.
                              But just as much motivation for BC to stay hot and stay East in the regionals especially Worcester

Plus BC wants to stay in 5th gear and it’s trophy time as JY would say

Hopefully we’re see a different result than the 1-0 loss in OT this time 🦅 ✅
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Too many here are giving BC a pass to Worcester as the 4th #1 seed or top #2 seed citing attendance. Two teams are hosting that likely end up #2 seeds, Denver and Penn State. For attendance purposes Cornell to Albany makes the most sense as a higher seed over BC in Worcester. Everyone is forgetting the likely overall top seed North Dakota. They are not going to be matched with Denver and if Penn State is 7th which is most likely then North Dakota is coming to Worcester to play whoever is 8th, likely Clarkson or UMass with a Clarkson/UMass matchup the most likely 8/9 pairing. North Dakota and UMass in Worcester draws well enough and AIC from Springfield is the likely 16 seed or another fairly local Atlantic Hockey school. Only 2 scenarios I see BC in Worcester are: with Minnesota Duluth as a 4/5 combo and Minnesota State out in Colorado and North Dakota playing a #8 Penn State, or: Cornell being a natural pairing with Penn State thus sending North Dakota to Albany. BC finishing 4/5 with Denver does not look promising for chances at Worcester.

Comment

Working...
                                X