Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

The boys playing very well here at Matthews tonight. Up 3-1 after a great second period . Boldy is really something.

Comment

McBain is playing in boss mode tonight. Really having a nice game and showing confidence.

First period wasn’t great but second period was as good as it gets.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Pantano kept the NU in the game, could easily be 6 to 1. NU outshot 18 to 6. Keep it up.

Comment

Pucker time. Maybe the NU goal is a good thing and forces them to keep pushing.
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Good win. 20th W of the season.

Comment

Too many great players to retire #s

Same situation as stillers. Do one (joe Greene - gionta) and be done
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Good candidates:
                - Scott Clemmensen (NC + the backbone for probably the best four years of BC hockey; 99 career wins and an insane set of numbers in the postseason)
                - Johnny Gaudreau (Hobey + NC)
                - John Muse (2 NCs)
                How are you going to retire "1" for Muse when Schneider was the MUCH better goalie? I understand Muse won 2 NC's, but so did a lot of guys who shouldn't have their numbers retired.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  How are you going to retire "1" for Muse when Schneider was the MUCH better goalie? I understand Muse won 2 NC's, but so did a lot of guys who shouldn't have their numbers retired.
                  We only retire numbers if they win a national award, such as the Heisman or Hobey Baker. The rest have a sweater with their name retired.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Even that is confusing because Mottau won Hobey and I think they retired his jersey but #3 is still in circulation.

So many great players the last 20 years it is definitely up for debate. For me, Muse would get the nod over Schneider. Milner was great in national title run but he's obviously not in the conversation. But when you win 2 national titles and are a 4 year starter, that is going to outweigh three years of Schneider where you came up short in tournament play. They scored two goals total in the two NC game losses for Schneider so I get that it wasn't his fault but that's life.

Comment

UMD .5741 1 RPI 0 .5725 BC

A lof of things will shift with COP stuff but... if BC can surpass UMD in the RPI rating, it flips a lot as the tiebreaker and would land BC at 4th in the PWR all other things equal. 1 seed in the Woo is not all that crazy. Something to aim for in addition to the Hockey East trophies.

Comment

Interesting that 5 of 8 losses have been at home. 12-3 on the road. 7-5 at home. 1-0-1 at Garden.

Guys on the ice protecting lead in final seconds after a Northeastern timeout:

Mattila
                        Newhook
                        McLaughlin
                        Moore
                        Mattila

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          We only retire numbers if they win a national award, such as the Heisman or Hobey Baker. The rest have a sweater with their name retired.
                          So there are two different categories? Number retired and jersey retired?

Comment

As far as I know 16 is only retired number right now (Emma)

Comment

Nobody has worn 13 since Gaudreau left so that could indicate his number is out of circulation.

Comment

One last thing on John Muse. For anyone who was at or watched the regional final against Miami in 2008 (as a Freshman) he single handedly allowed that game to continue in OT. He was awesome. York had to use a timeout because Miami was all over them. And in his 4 FF games, he allowed a total of 3 goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X