Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    After Merrimack swept Providence I expected a better game. Hope this is a sign they are really dialed in and ready for a run.
    Huh?

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Great win. It’s been a while since they’ve had a team with this type of team speed. The 15-16 team may have had better individual stats but I feel like this team has a lot more chemistry. Really fun team to watch

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I believe they clinched home ice with this win and at least 3rd place.
        I believe they can only finish second if UMass wins the title outright. Otherwise they will be the number 1 seed even if they lose all 3 remaining games. Only UMass, UML and UConn can catch them. Any tiebreakers BC wins. UConn can only catch them if they win all 3 and BC loses all 3 but that means UMass and UML lose to UConn and BC wins the tiebreaker over UConn. For UML to tie BC they too need to win all 3 with BC losing all 3 but second tiebreaker(wins) gives it to BC. A 3 way tie with UML and UMass goes to BC as well. A tie with UMass alone goes to BC. Only UMass getting 5 or 6 points more than BC do the Eagles fall to second.

Comment

Ya the only thing I didn't check was the tiebreaker with UML

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Empty seats. I get it is a Thursday game... but come on. Top five team in the country. Sad.
            BTW, just a note, most kids have already left for spring break which is why the attendance was down

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              I believe they can only finish second if UMass wins the title outright. Otherwise they will be the number 1 seed even if they lose all 3 remaining games. Only UMass, UML and UConn can catch them. Any tiebreakers BC wins. UConn can only catch them if they win all 3 and BC loses all 3 but that means UMass and UML lose to UConn and BC wins the tiebreaker over UConn. For UML to tie BC they too need to win all 3 with BC losing all 3 but second tiebreaker(wins) gives it to BC. A 3 way tie with UML and UMass goes to BC as well. A tie with UMass alone goes to BC. Only UMass getting 5 or 6 points more than BC do the Eagles fall to second.
              Say again

Comment

Would be nice to win the trophy at Agganis

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Say again
                  Look at the Hockey East thread with ticapnews' assessment of the numbers. Unbelievable that behind BC, UMass can go as low as 8th and the rest can fall out of the playoffs completely. 9 teams are still in the hunt for home ice as well so 7 teams can either get home ice or drop out at 9th.
                  Last edited by BC/HE; 02-27-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                    chemistry.
                    Absolutely.

The chemistry is there and that goes a long way. You're also seeing some serious gains the past few weeks from Newhook and most notably Boldy and McBain. The maligned defense has also tightened up and also chipped in offensively. This is an interesting team and it feels like Hutsko and Cotton have taken a backseat. They haven't but... that's how great Boldy and Newhook have been lately. A lot of talent spread around nicely. That's how you win championships.

ps - I really thought the penalty calls on Walker and McPhee were hot garbage.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Well that certainly looked like a 10th place team against a 1st place team who are REALLY hitting their stride. Difference in speed, skill and poise with the puck between these 2 teams is enormous, (as someone said, it easily could have been 6-0 after 1). Good luck the rest of the way, you have a really fun team to watch this year.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Would be nice to win the trophy at Agganis
                        I assume they bring the trophy because BC can clinch it either outright or even clinch a tie if they lose. However do they present it if it is only a tie since there are still games to play? If it was the last game they would.

Comment

When winning it on the road, I'm not sure what the protocol is. I think they might just present it in the locker room. I remember them clinching one at UVM where there were pics from the locker room but not sure if they presented it out on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            When winning it on the road, I'm not sure what the protocol is. I think they might just present it in the locker room. I remember them clinching one at UVM where there were pics from the locker room but not sure if they presented it out on the ice.
                            Screw it. It's BU. If Bertagna gives the trophy in a quiet locker room ceremony, take it and skate around the ice anyway.

Comment

Boldy is filthy , he’s must watch every shift . To our Merrimack buddy above- yes, so much fun to watch especially compared to the blackboard scratching of the past 2-3 years when we couldn’t put three tape to tape passes together. The way this team invades the offensive zone , in waves, is awesome to watch . PK is improving , 80% woulda killed us , so good to see. Attendance is up substantially from last year and we lead HE bit over 1000 a game so I can live with the slim “crowd” last night . They must have used the tickets sold last night because there’s no way that there were 3000 in the building. On to Agganis !

Comment

that boldy goal was disgusting.

as for the crowd, merrimack has to be the lowest draw in HE, it's a thursday and spring break starts today, not surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X