Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Sorry to hear that but some kids dominate as youngsters and then others catch up and pass them. I seem to recall he used to take ill advised penalties at the worst possible time.

Comment

Ya he actually had a decent freshman season but the penalties seemed to derail him and the coaches lost faith in him.

Comment

All that regional talk is inconsequential now. Doesn't matter where BC goes with no fans being allowed. That is, if this doesn't snowball into shutting down the season entirely. Harvard is not allowing them to play RPI this weekend. We shall see how this unfolds. But for the diehards, this is a crushing blow to what is my favorite time of year. And yes, I get it. It's just hockey, just a game. Lives are being lost. I totally get that. But it still sucks to see this as the end result.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          All that regional talk is inconsequential now. Doesn't matter where BC goes with no fans being allowed. That is, if this doesn't snowball into shutting down the season entirely. Harvard is not allowing them to play RPI this weekend. We shall see how this unfolds. But for the diehards, this is a crushing blow to what is my favorite time of year. And yes, I get it. It's just hockey, just a game. Lives are being lost. I totally get that. But it still sucks to see this as the end result.
          UMass-Northeastern and UML-BU will be played without fans as well. I would assume BC is considering the same thing for their series this weekend.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

BC has cancelled on-campus classes for the rest of the semester and they're going online. I'd be really surprised if they let fans attend the playoff games.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              this is a crushing blow to what is my favorite time of year. And yes, I get it. It's just hockey, just a game. Lives are being lost. I totally get that. But it still sucks to see this as the end result.
              Absolutely agreed. So many great memories from regionals and Frozen Fours... we finally made BC great again and this happens.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Absolutely agreed. So many great memories from regionals and Frozen Fours... we finally made BC great again and this happens.
                This sucks! I’m surprised we have not heard what is going to happen next weekend with the semifinals and final at the Garden. Game watch party anywhere?

Go Eagles!

Comment

NBA just suspended its season. We might not see another college hockey game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    we finally made BC great again and this happens.
                    And BU upset Colgate to get to the bball "dance" for the first time since 2011. Not a great experience with no fans, and that's if they play at all. The whole thing is a shame for everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      NBA just suspended its season. We might not see another college hockey game this season.
                      Well, I mean a player from the Jazz tested positive ... I think these games will be played just with no one around to see them in the arenas. I do wonder if this changes the way the NCAA committees work the brackets - limit travel and throw some caution to the wind with regard to integrity of bracket. Avoid flights. I know a lot or all of these flights are charter but...

Maybe bigger question becomes what happens when an athlete tests positive and becomes symptom-free and wants to play? I don’t know how long that sticks around but that could make things interesting.

We’re kind of at a point now where the only thing left to do is to quarantine the entire country. Short of that, banning large gatherings should help slow it down some. At least play the games and televise.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I think these games will be played just with no one around to see them in the arenas. I do wonder if this changes the way the NCAA committees work the brackets
                        Well, attendance is no longer a factor, so that's a change right there.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          Well, attendance is no longer a factor, so that's a change right there.
                          No, but they may want to limit travel as much as possible and seed as close to each site as they can, like the Women's tourney does.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Maybe bigger question becomes what happens when an athlete tests positive and becomes symptom-free and wants to play? I don’t know how long that sticks around but that could make things interesting.
                            To me a lot of this reeks of hypocrisy. At least in BB anyway, the people MOST at risk are the ones that are NOT being banned - the players and officials. You have up to 30 people handing a ball that is soaked with sweat, and if ONE player is a carrier ("Symptom-free" is irrelevant. The incubation period is up to two weeks, so you can walk around and transmit to 1000 people and not even know it. THAT'S the whole point.), he is spreading those germs to everyone who has come in contact with the ball. Fans (I would hope) would stay home if they are sick, but at least they have an OPTION. The players have no way to protect themselves. and why this is being handled in what may seem to be "excessively" by some. Even though the mortality rate will probably turn out to be less than influenza, the fact that it is being spread so quickly presents a public health conundrum, not only for transmittal reasons, but for the fact that medical resources are being overwhelmed.

Also, there is no way to keep locker rooms disinfected. They're just a breeding ground for transmission. So to me, it just seems like grandstanding to play the games without fans. It gives the appearance of, "We're taking action." But you're not protecting the players. Either just cancel the games or play them, but don't go halfway just so you can pat yourself on the back. It's either a risk or it isn't. But whichever one you choose, stick to your conviction and follow it through.

Comment

It is very unfortunate for everyone that this has upended the season in this way. This is my favorite time of the year and it used to be twice as much fun when we had a basketball team that wasn't an embarrassment. At least they did not win last night so that the employment of JC is not prolonged. I expect that there are going to be rolling cancellations, if there is a crowd of 5000 or 10000 people at a sporting event what is the probability that 1 or 2 people are infectious and likely don't know it. I am guessing 100 %. Easy to blame the media but I am guessing that it is more likely that there is a lot we are not being told. The collapse of the health care system is real, was in contact with a friend in Bergamo Italy, an epicenter, and they are terrified. This is a very scary situation. If they completely cancel the season I would not be surprised.

Comment

Just announced by HE that the tournament has been cancelled. The NCAA tournament is next. Real blow to the players and to this group of BC seniors, 3 years of very difficult seasons, this year they put themselves in a great position and now no post season. Tough blow but thanks for the great memories from this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X