X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Sure, but you only gain over other districts' eligible voters if your district has a higher percentage of ineligible voters, so this merely reinforces the preference of people in districts with more ineligible voters to want them to count in the Census. Since Republicans tend to live in districts with a lower percentage of ineligible voters (they think so, anyway -- who knows if it's true?) they want to chop them out of the Census. That's not stupid reasoning. It's just evil and racist (as usual from them).

Am I being dumber than usual here? I still don't see why the righties forcing this through is "dumb." It's corrupt and anti-democratic. But it's pretty smart, assuming you're an obsessed xenophobe with spiders in your soul.
    I guess I used the word dumb because I assumed the opposite. That is, I assumed the more rural districts may have a higher proportion of undocumented workers, principally due to their involvement in the ag industry. But my assumption may also be faulty.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      It's also kind of stupid. If I'm an eligible voter, I want more people who are not eligible voters included in my area. If there are a million of us and we're all eligible voters, my vote is just one in a million. But if there are a million of us and only half are eligible voters, my vote is one in 500,000.
      Yeah, but since children and non-citizen residents primarily live in or near cities, that disproportionately benefits democrats. If you can apportion based on eligible voters only, rural areas will pick up seats at the expense of cities.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Yeah, but since children and non-citizen residents primarily live in or near cities, that disproportionately benefits democrats. If you can apportion based on eligible voters only, rural areas will pick up seats at the expense of cities.
        I still can't see how the math will work here. Say the census dictates a congressional district is 800K people (again, excluding one or two seat states). I'm Joe Conservative and I want to exclude non-citizens. Great, but you still have to draw the lines to equal the 800K people - only now you're excluding what may equal a full congressional district of its own by not including everyone. In short, if you have 5 seats based on 800K per seat, but you decided to exclude all those people, do you only write the maps to include 4 seats instead and give up one seat or do you write maps where every district has 600K people living in it instead of 800K like the rest of the country has?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Let me start with a simple "thank goodness for Subaru lane assist."

Just now, driving and listening to the local talk channel that tries to be urban and liberal, one of the (geriatric) hosts must've misheard what the four targets of Mr. Trump's most recent Twit-ire are called ("The Squad") and in defending them and railing Trump miscalled them "The Squa_s".

The mystery letter is "w".

I would've been in the ditch without lane assist active.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I still can't see how the math will work here. Say the census dictates a congressional district is 800K people (again, excluding one or two seat states). I'm Joe Conservative and I want to exclude non-citizens. Great, but you still have to draw the lines to equal the 800K people - only now you're excluding what may equal a full congressional district of its own by not including everyone. In short, if you have 5 seats based on 800K per seat, but you decided to exclude all those people, do you only write the maps to include 4 seats instead and give up one seat or do you write maps where every district has 600K people living in it instead of 800K like the rest of the country has?
            The latter, if the GOP gets their way.

Comment

Are members of Congress required to disclose money spent on polling during the course of a year? Or are the pollsters paid by other sources anyway and therefore not subject to disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Let me start with a simple "thank goodness for Subaru lane assist."

Just now, driving and listening to the local talk channel that tries to be urban and liberal, one of the (geriatric) hosts must've misheard what the four targets of Mr. Trump's most recent Twit-ire are called ("The Squad") and in defending them and railing Trump miscalled them "The Squa_s".

The mystery letter is "w".

I would've been in the ditch without lane assist active.
                That's... petty bad.

TBH I had no idea of the nasty connotations of that word until Dr. Mrs. clued me in a few years ago. I mean, the 1960 Olympics, right?

Last edited by Kepler; 07-17-2019, 07:50 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I guess I used the word dumb because I assumed the opposite. That is, I assumed the more rural districts may have a higher proportion of undocumented workers, principally due to their involvement in the ag industry. But my assumption may also be faulty.
                  And that's why I said "who knows" to whether they're correct -- I can see that argument. But you know Republicans: "them fancy cities are crawling with those lazy coloreds!"

This is just an extension of the rural white nationalism that makes people think having the same number of Senators for Wyoming and California is democratic. Because people in cities are "lesser" in some way. Hmm, what way could that possibly be?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 07-17-2019, 07:46 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rand Paul blocks the 9-11 first responder bill in the senate.

He’s concerned about spending.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...90kjVgeh7v0xVI

Comment

Man, he’s scum. That’s just so ugly.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Rand Paul is a sellout scumbag...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Senator from Kentucky...just not the one I expected to block it.
                          Both need to go.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
                            rand paul blocks the 9-11 first responder bill in the senate.

He’s concerned about spending.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...90kjvgeh7v0xvi
                            lmao
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              lmao

Comment

I mean we can’t cut Donnie’s golf trips. Gotta cut elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X