Ak/uaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

Not sure what to read into the fact that a '98 just committed to UAF, but here's his announcement:

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...09917300011009

Comment

• Even if the Alaska schools survive
      the next couple of years, they very well could be without a conference in 2021 after more possible realignment. Could they survive as independent teams?
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

So this happened...

Might be a little late to save the schools though.

Maybe next time DON'T elect an ******* governor...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          So this happened...

Might be a little late to save the schools though.

Maybe next time DON'T elect an ******* governor...
          i think its more like;

mother****er piece of **** dumb *** ******* ****ing governor...

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
            i think its more like;

mother****er piece of **** dumb *** ******* ****ing governor...
            In spite of the family-friendly Google Adsense asterisks, I think I was able to decode that message in its entirety.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              [URL="http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/thousands-sign-up-in-fairbanks-to-recall-dunleavy-from-office/article_2c330e60-b4ce-11e9-925e-87b721c58aa8.html"]So this happened...
              Here in Massachusetts there was a recall election for the Mayor of Fall River. The recall vote was held simultaneously with a vote for the next mayor (if he was recalled). The mayor ran along with four other candidates. He was recalled with 61.45% of the vote, but was immediately re-elected on the second part of the ballet with 35.4% of the vote.

If they do hold a recall vote in Alaska what are the rules? Will Dunleavy be allowed to run for the office if he is recalled?

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Even if the Alaska schools survive
                the next couple of years, they very well could be without a conference in 2021 after more possible realignment. Could they survive as independent teams?
                Probably not.

Their only driving factor in getting teams to visit them is either bribery (not making as much money on a home series) or the exemption.

I’m pretty sure the latter isn’t a hugely valuable carrot to dangle, otherwise they’d have already been able to get quality non conference schedules in the current or previous alignment.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Here in Massachusetts there was a recall election for the Mayor of Fall River. The recall vote was held simultaneously with a vote for the next mayor (if he was recalled). The mayor ran along with four other candidates. He was recalled with 61.45% of the vote, but was immediately re-elected on the second part of the ballet with 35.4% of the vote.

If they do hold a recall vote in Alaska what are the rules? Will Dunleavy be allowed to run for the office if he is recalled?

Sean
                  No. If he’s recalled the Lite Gov (Kevin Meyer) becomes Governor.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    No. If he’s recalled the Lite Gov (Kevin Meyer) becomes Governor.
                    This guy has to go and then we are saddled with an oil company shill.
                    That guy represents the oil companies not the State of Alaska.
                    If we simply quit paying the oil companies to take our oil the whole money problem would be solved.
                    Trickle down did not work here and it hasn't worked ever, anytime its been scammed onto people.
                    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 08-02-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      we are saddled with an oil company shill.
                      That guy represents the oil companies not the State of Alaska.
                      Wouldn’t be the first time and it won’t be the last time, either.

Elections (and votes) matter.

As far as U of A goes, the damage has already been done regardless whether or not that simpleton gets shown the door.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

In other news, I wonder if we will have apparel that looks like highlighters this season.

https://alaskananooks.com/news/2019/...-nike-bsn.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Plus when it is just one "University of Alaska" what will the mascot be? Seawolves? Nanooks? SeaNooks?
                          President Johnson, is that you?
                          https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...to-become-one/

The best way forward is to get parties together from UAA and UAF to make up a new mascot. Each gets an alumni rep, athletic director rep, a student rep, and a few other ones and chart a new mascot.

Comment

I was looking at Alaska news. The Chancellor of UA-S (Juneau) Richard Caulfield said that this transition to the single accreditation model will take years:
                            "What the new UA would look like is not yet defined. The regent’s vote was for UA President Jim Johnsen to begin drafting a plan that will be presented at the next regent’s meeting in September... The transition process will take time, several years at least, but Johnsen intends to work “expeditiously” on the process."
                            https://www.juneauempire.com/news/ch...ffs-are-ahead/

The Anchorage Daily News posted an article with the headline: "As University of Alaska moves toward consolidation, two athletic programs are likely to become one."
                            [quoting the article:] (UA system President Jim) Johnsen and the regents will also have to address how many sports survive. If the university opts for 10 sports — the minimum requirement for NCAA Division II membership — expect a debate over what survives and what doesn’t. Another hard decision will come if the university can’t put some sports in Fairbanks and some in Anchorage, either because of NCAA rules or too many duplicated costs. Johnsen said a variety of factors will be considered if it comes down to deciding whether Fairbanks gets college sports or Anchorage does. “Off the top of my head: enrollment, tradition, philanthropic support, fan base. We’d look at the facility availability and look at the conference factor." The idea of dropping to the Division III level — which doesn’t allow athletic scholarships — or moving to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) has been tossed around, Johnsen said, but hasn’t been discussed formally. Meanwhile, fall-semester sports like volleyball and cross country will begin practice at UAA and UAF later this month as scheduled. There is no travel freeze “at this point,” Johnsen said. Less certain is how athletics will fare in the spring semester, which begins in January. “I can’t commit to that at this point,” Johnsen said. A number of sports, including hockey and basketball, straddle the fall and spring semesters. Johnsen said he doesn’t think any sport would be eliminated once its season has begun. “Oh boy, I hope not,” he said.
                            https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...to-become-one/

Comment

Originally posted by MidWestMidMajor View Post
                              “Oh boy, I hope not,” he said.
                              That fills me with all sorts of warm fuzzies.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                In other news, I wonder if we will have apparel that looks like highlighters this season.

https://alaskananooks.com/news/2019/...-nike-bsn.aspx
                                You guys on the right track....Even if not good.......Look Good........
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X