Ak/uaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ak/uaa

The rest of the WCHA teams are helping the UA_ teams in the same way that a hungry lion helps a wounded gazelle.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
      Not at all what’s happening.
      Who are you kidding................. the buss people have spoken.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        Who are you kidding................. the buss people have spoken.
        Seems strange to me that she would have an opinion on the situation, but I'll bite, what were her thoughts on the matter? Is she going to drop $200M so that UCLA and USC can have D-I hockey and join the WCHA?

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Has there been any public response from the GNAC? Any word from the schools on the “one University” concept and the possibility of splitting the athletic programs or continuing one or both? Any talk of how coaches are approaching recruiting and scheduling?
          Last edited by davyd83; 08-23-2019, 08:48 PM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Has there been any public response from the GNAC? Any word from the schools on the “one University” concept and the possibility of splitting the athletic programs or continuing one or both? Any talk of how coaches are approaching recruiting and scheduling?
            None that I have seen. I've been pondering the same questions.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I just took a peek at the roster, and UAA added Luc Brown for this year. He is a transfer from Union, but only played 4 games his junior year. I wonder if he qualifies as a redshirt? Does he have to sit this season?

The roster looks quite different! When the announcement was made about the incoming recruits back in December, Mack Hancock was one the listed players. As of today he is not on the roster. The other three appear to still be coming. Once again it is a roster heavy with rookies, 10 to be exact.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                I just took a peek at the roster, and UAA added Luc Brown for this year. He is a transfer from Union, but only played 4 games his junior year. I wonder if he qualifies as a redshirt? Does he have to sit this season?

The roster looks quite different! When the announcement was made about the incoming recruits back in December, Mack Hancock was one the listed players. As of today he is not on the roster. The other three appear to still be coming. Once again it is a roster heavy with rookies, 10 to be exact.
                Brown is a graduate transfer I believe, played 3 years at Union, prolly got his degree, can go to UAA for grad school and play for a year.

r

Comment

With the 135 million cut this year now just 20 million and 70 million over the next three years, the Regents via President Jim Johnsen have taken deep breath. They have halted the exigency plan for the time being and will talk more about the single accreditation process for the the future....if it happens at all..some say the latter move more costly than what they think...
                  Last edited by fairbanks hockey puck; 08-29-2019, 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                  X