• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mornin’ y’all. Happy Friday.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I was hoping to sell my condo and buy a house this year, but my mother's getting sick and then passing basically ended that for this calendar year. Plus, my girlfriend's coop sale in NY is taking for ev er. So we'll meet with a realtor later this summer/fall, decide if I want to sell my condo and rent for a year and then buy next year, or just sell/buy together. I really hate the whole purchase-contingent-upon-sale thing, and since we're looking to move to an area about an hour from here, it may make more sense to rent for a year and see how we like the area (and how I like the commute) before committing.

Home values are definitely plateauing around here, so selling in the next 6-12 months and waiting to buy might save us some money. Or might not.

We're also trying to decide on a house vs. townhouse. I really really don't enjoy yardwork. I don't mind HOA fees that go to maintenance. But last year's experience with our deceased neighbor has really turned me off on multi-dwelling units. I'm currently in a garden style condo and we've only looked at townhouse and duplexes so some of that impact would be mitigated, but all the same...
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I was hoping to sell my condo and buy a house this year, but my mother's getting sick and then passing basically ended that for this calendar year. Plus, my girlfriend's coop sale in NY is taking for ev er. So we'll meet with a realtor later this summer/fall, decide if I want to sell my condo and rent for a year and then buy next year, or just sell/buy together. I really hate the whole purchase-contingent-upon-sale thing, and since we're looking to move to an area about an hour from here, it may make more sense to rent for a year and see how we like the area (and how I like the commute) before committing.

Home values are definitely plateauing around here, so selling in the next 6-12 months and waiting to buy might save us some money. Or might not.

We're also trying to decide on a house vs. townhouse. I really really don't enjoy yardwork. I don't mind HOA fees that go to maintenance. But last year's experience with our deceased neighbor has really turned me off on multi-dwelling units. I'm currently in a garden style condo and we've only looked at townhouse and duplexes so some of that impact would be mitigated, but all the same...
          Have you thought about getting a van and living down by the river?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
            Have you thought about getting a van and living down by the river?
            For the win~!

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Are you moving to NH? If so, or really any further north than where I kind of remember you being, I would definitely test drive the commute. It sucks, but ... *shrug*. I'm looking a jobs in the city and I'm thinking of doing a couple test runs of the commute before even applying since it's likely to be ~90 minutes of commuting (10-15 minutes to the bus, 75 minutes on the bus to South Station, 10-15 minutes to the potential employer).

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                    You too, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-03-2019, 08:48 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Finished my first week at home on my own. It’s been and will continue to be a challenge. I also went into the office three days and to PT twice so far. I am exhausted.

Comment

S’upp y’all late sleepers
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Kitchen renovation this weekend. The hard work is done. Just trying to reorganize and utilize storage spaces.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Are you moving to NH? If so, or really any further north than where I kind of remember you being, I would definitely test drive the commute. It sucks, but ... *shrug*. I'm looking a jobs in the city and I'm thinking of doing a couple test runs of the commute before even applying since it's likely to be ~90 minutes of commuting (10-15 minutes to the bus, 75 minutes on the bus to South Station, 10-15 minutes to the potential employer).
                            Forgot to sign in Good Evening Lodgers!

I remember looking at public transport until my friend who used it pointed out that if I got out late or they decided to run on a reduced schedule I would have no way home. I drove.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Forgot to sign in Good Evening Lodgers!

I remember looking at public transport until my friend who used it pointed out that if I got out late or they decided to run on a reduced schedule I would have no way home. I drove.
                              It's not ideal, but there are hourly buses, so it's manageable. And for reduced schedule days, I would probably just drive to Riverside and take the T. I'm just in the looking stage.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                It's not ideal, but there are hourly buses, so it's manageable. And for reduced schedule days, I would probably just drive to Riverside and take the T. I'm just in the looking stage.
                                At the time I thought the train was a great option but I didn't realize all the delays, changes which involved busing etc. I never realized how often they happened. That was way back when. Now they talk about it on the news. Where I was living at the time doing what you could would have been a nightmare- I wasn't near the highway and working Eves. If I missed the train I was stuck for the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X