X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Yes, tLodge hadn't opened until a bit later.
    Of course, 'cause you can't retire to the rep lodge until you've maxed out. Do you still have your spreadsheet with all the goal scores and assists? Mine is long gone.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Of course, 'cause you can't retire to the rep lodge until you've maxed out. Do you still have your spreadsheet with all the goal scores and assists? Mine is long gone.
      Yes, I still have it.

wolverineTrumpet: Almington assisted by ARM and Kelly Ann at 7:51 PM EDT 9/18/07
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-17-2019, 04:49 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I never had a spreadsheet. I had paper lists. I have no idea who minted me.

Look how many Lodge threads there have been I refuse to do math but that is a lot of posts

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Today I learned that my baby will be a girl. It's amazing how that news hit me and cemented into my consciousness that I'm going to hold my baby come February.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Today I learned that my baby will be a girl. It's amazing how that news hit me and cemented into my consciousness that I'm going to hold my baby come February.
            There is not another feeling like it in the world. Period. That first time....man......
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  There is not another feeling like it in the world. Period. That first time....man......
                  Grandkids are right up there...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I don't even remember the first time I held mine. Maybe it's different for women, as I had spent several months with her kicking me.
                    Or maybe I just don't have much of a parenting gene.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Just popping in to say hello. The end of the summer was both quiet and busy. We have been done very little traveling (last year we went away every month), but much more on the settling into our house. Whole family went to Baltimore in July (including my sister who was in from Tanzania for a month) and my parents came to visit us the second weekend in September. Work is meh and I'm still thinking about leaving and doing research about where to go, but haven't made any real moves yet. Best friend had another baby and I am a "Auntie" for the 3rd time (2 best friends have encouraged their kids to call tcbg and I "Uncle" and "Auntie" since we are close family friends and neither are close with immediate families)! (She's named after the fun-loving 1920s wife of F. Scott, or a video game, depending on which parent you ask.). Loving the fall weather here - has been 70s during the day and 50s at night.

This weekend I'm headed North for the Highland Games; one of my favorite festivals we regularly attend (aside from Memphis in May). Dudes in kilts, lots of music, Scotch eggs, Scotch, and beautiful northern NH in the fall.

Have been reading back some pages - good luck on the house buying, SC; one of these days I'd love to get out to MN for the State Fair... *wistful sigh*. Congrats to Scarlet's mom on the new roommate and happy to hear that you made it back to Fenway before the end of the season (I can't stand much about Fenway and I'd forgotten they don't have handrails). Good luck at clinicals, les.

Will try to be more attentive/check in more often now that's it's autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I don't even remember the first time I held mine. Maybe it's different for women, as I had spent several months with her kicking me.
                        Or maybe I just don't have much of a parenting gene.
                        I was drugged up with anesthesia that didn't clear out of my system so I don't remember much of the first week.

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        Just popping in to say hello. The end of the summer was both quiet and busy. We have been done very little traveling (last year we went away every month), but much more on the settling into our house. Whole family went to Baltimore in July (including my sister who was in from Tanzania for a month) and my parents came to visit us the second weekend in September. Work is meh and I'm still thinking about leaving and doing research about where to go, but haven't made any real moves yet. Best friend had another baby and I am a "Auntie" for the 3rd time (2 best friends have encouraged their kids to call tcbg and I "Uncle" and "Auntie" since we are close family friends and neither are close with immediate families)! (She's named after the fun-loving 1920s wife of F. Scott, or a video game, depending on which parent you ask.). Loving the fall weather here - has been 70s during the day and 50s at night.

This weekend I'm headed North for the Highland Games; one of my favorite festivals we regularly attend (aside from Memphis in May). Dudes in kilts, lots of music, Scotch eggs, Scotch, and beautiful northern NH in the fall.

Have been reading back some pages - good luck on the house buying, SC; one of these days I'd love to get out to MN for the State Fair... *wistful sigh*. Congrats to Scarlet's mom on the new roommate and happy to hear that you made it back to Fenway before the end of the season (I can't stand much about Fenway and I'd forgotten they don't have handrails). Good luck at clinicals, les.

Will try to be more attentive/check in more often now that's it's autumn.
                        WHat are you doing awake? I am shooting 3 races this weekend. Some day I am going to see the men in kilts

Good? Afternoon Lodge!
                        Battling National Grid- so irritating. We still are having line issues- about 5+ weeks, multiple calls, lost our phone line because they haven't fixed things. Called again because even tho Verizon replaced the line they said that coming thru the trees it might have issues again. Nat'l Grid is an Evil company.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          WHat are you doing awake? I am shooting 3 races this weekend. Some day I am going to see the men in kilts
                          I haven't worked since Sunday night - I took 2 vacation days for this week. Since we were only allowed 36 hours of vacation time between Memorial Day and Labor Day but are required to take 144 hrs/year, I am taking 2 days in October and either 2 or 3 days in November (I'm waiting for approval for the 3rd November day) and 1 or 2 days in December (again, awaiting approval for that other day). I will post a few photos of men in kilts on FB for you. We're actually going to a lecture on proper wrapping/wear of the Great Kilt (Matt has the sport kilt which is just a wrap around the waist, not the 8 meters of fabric one). We're also going to be seeing Syr (link); Albannach (link), The Rebel Collective (link), Soulsha (link), and The Red Hot Chilli Pipers (link). I've seen Syr about 4 or 5 times, I really like them. I've seen Albannach 3 times (fun, but the bagpipes do get a touch repetitive, but the crowd is awesome at the Games for that show). Rebel Collective is local, but I've only seen them once. We heard some of the Chilli Pipers when we went a few years ago, but they didn't play last year.

To try and regain some normalcy, I've been getting up at 6:15am on my days off - it's helped with sleeping through the night. I have yet to figure out how to balance working nights (it's only been 4+ years ... already).

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            I haven't worked since Sunday night - I took 2 vacation days for this week. Since we were only allowed 36 hours of vacation time between Memorial Day and Labor Day but are required to take 144 hrs/year, I am taking 2 days in October and either 2 or 3 days in November (I'm waiting for approval for the 3rd November day) and 1 or 2 days in December (again, awaiting approval for that other day). I will post a few photos of men in kilts on FB for you. We're actually going to a lecture on proper wrapping/wear of the Great Kilt (Matt has the sport kilt which is just a wrap around the waist, not the 8 meters of fabric one). We're also going to be seeing Syr (link); Albannach (link), The Rebel Collective (link), Soulsha (link), and The Red Hot Chilli Pipers (link). I've seen Syr about 4 or 5 times, I really like them. I've seen Albannach 3 times (fun, but the bagpipes do get a touch repetitive, but the crowd is awesome at the Games for that show). Rebel Collective is local, but I've only seen them once. We heard some of the Chilli Pipers when we went a few years ago, but they didn't play last year.

To try and regain some normalcy, I've been getting up at 6:15am on my days off - it's helped with sleeping through the night. I have yet to figure out how to balance working nights (it's only been 4+ years ... already).
                            Jealous!
                            They have a bunch of research to show flipping back and forth between night and day is not possible for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Jealous!
                              They have a bunch of research to show flipping back and forth between night and day is not possible for most people.
                              I did that for a year, back in the college summer days. Worked Sun night-Thu night 10pm-6am, then Sat/Sun morns from 6am-2pm. It was rough. Sundays ended up being just staying up the whole time through both jobs. Yeah, not healthy. Plus, missed out on a lot of stuff, b/c friends had normal jobs.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X