Brown Hockey 2019-2020: Hibernation is Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Hockey 2019-2020: Hibernation is Over

Brown today announced its incoming freshman class, and, thus, a new season (and thread) beckons: https://brownbears.com/news/2019/5/2...s-of-2023.aspx

I'm particularly excited about Cocca, Holmes, Krys, Albert, and the Finnish kid whose name I'll hopefully learn how to spell over the next four years. Each seems to have excelled at their previous stops. Plessis put up decent numbers, as well, and brings some size to an otherwise smaller forward corps. Hard to get a read on those I didn't mention, but I'd expect such a big class to contribute quite a bit this coming season.

The schedule has also been posted for a couple weeks now: https://brownbears.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
    Highlights include a home visit from reigning national runners-up UMass, local non-conference road trips to BU and Bentley, the Mayor's Cup FINALLY occurring on a weekend, Cornell at Meehan for Senior Day, a home-and-home with Yale to kick off the season, and a two-game series against Arizona State at Meehan in January. After last year's success in mid-season tournaments, I'm a bit disappointed not to see any on the schedule for next year, but that's ok. If all goes well, I'm planning to go to quite a few away games, including all the Boston-area teams (Harvard, BU, Bentley), PC, UNH, and possibly the Capital Region trip. Is it November yet??

On a side note: I tried to find a good pun based off a player name for this thread, but nothing came to me. Guarantee I'll think of it in a couple months, long after this post.

Go Bruno!
    Last edited by kdiff77; 05-29-2019, 01:58 PM. Reason: Grammar/wording, because I wholeheartedly refuse to proofread anything I write before posting it.

Re: Brown Hockey 2019-2020: Hibernation is Over

LUKE ALBERT WILL NEED TO USE HIS OTHER SKillS IN ECAC HOCKEY :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnAZJZ1cZ-Q

Comment

BRAD COCCA CAN DEFINITELY SHOOT THE PUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMP7yPGDHtA

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        On a side note: I tried to find a good pun based off a player name for this thread, but nothing came to me. Guarantee I'll think of it in a couple months, long after this post.

Go Bruno!

How about one for the coach: Hibernation is over, and Whittet comes a new season...

You’re welcome.

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          How about one for the coach: Hibernation is over, and Whittet comes a new season...

You’re welcome.

Oof. It was RIGHT there. Time for me to retire from this kind of thing, I suppose.

Comment

Alex Brink is headed to BU as a graduate transfer. What kind of player can BU expect?
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Alex Brink is headed to BU as a graduate transfer. What kind of player can BU expect?
              Smart player who plays heavy and works hard. He won’t be a top six guy in all likelihood, but he should help your bottom six quite a bit with hard-nosed, physical forechecking. Can chip in and score occasionally (including the triple overtime winner against Princeton in the playoffs this past season). Decent hands and speed, but not a natural goal scorer per se. By all accounts, he’s a great teammate and person. Wish him well!

Comment

Garnet Hathaway signs a 4 year contract with Washington Capitals for $6 million. Terrific news for Brown hockey. I believe that is the highest contract for a Brown hockey player ever. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post

You’re welcome.

Still funny even on the Brink of a new season.

Comment

https://***********/markdivver/statu...973303808?s=21

Good sign of investment in the program from Brown Athletics!

Comment

Assistant coach James Marcou jumped ship to Harvard today. Classy move, departing a week before the semester starts to take a job with an Ivy rival.

Comment

Assistant coach James Marcou jumped ship to Harvard today. Classy move, departing a week before the semester starts to take a job with an Ivy rival.
                        Hopefully, no Jerry O'Keefe redeux.

Comment

In all fairness it was reported about 3 weeks ago that Marcou was leaving for Harvard after their AC left for UMICH.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                              Hopefully, no Jerry O'Keefe redeux.
                              Think it's fair to say he's been missed! He's doing great things with Northeastern. Won't be surprised if/when he lands a head coaching gig.

Comment

Working...
                              X