Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    Yes. Ross our for season.
    That's a shame on Ross. I checked the number of games and it is not an automatic red shirt situation. I'm not sure if 9 games played leaves any leeway for a medical redshirt?

Comment

Best game of the season against Harvard today at a jam packed Class of ‘65 arena. Tons of energy and lines are starting to really click. A lot of fire power all over. Good to get by a top 10 team...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
        Best game of the season against Harvard today at a jam packed Class of ‘65 arena. Tons of energy and lines are starting to really click. A lot of fire power all over. Good to get by a top 10 team...
        Young team that was close in a lot of games vs top 10 teams. Finally getting over the hump.

Comment

Young team that was close in a lot of games vs top 10 teams. Finally getting over the hump.
          Totally stymied this weekend by Cornell’s speed. Big difference between us and top tier is team speed. MN, WI and Cornell just a lot faster. We can overpower some teams but if we can’t catch them or get free to score it’s ugly. McNeill et al owned us..
          Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-25-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Totally stymied this weekend by Cornell’s speed. Big difference between us and top tier is team speed. MN, WI and Cornell just a lot faster. We can overpower some teams but if we can’t catch them or get free to score it’s ugly. McNeill et al owned us..
            Completely agree. Cornell is the best ECAC team by a pretty good margin.

Comment

Completely agree. Cornell is the best ECAC team by a pretty good margin.
              Colgate has assimilated a lot of new players who are putting up some numbers. Losing Ross did not help and Kirwan appears to be struggling at least stat wise. The goaltending needs to be a little better to play their style. Of Course Cornell may just have Colgate's number and that could explain this past weekend.

Comment

Re: Colgate 2019-2020

Really brutal loss today against Harvard in a game we dominated from the first 5 minutes on only to lose it in 90 seconds late in the 3rd. Oh well another learning opportunity, but boy do I like our offense when they get rolling like they were today for most of the game...

Comment

Really brutal loss today against Harvard in a game we dominated from the first 5 minutes on only to lose it in 90 seconds late in the 3rd. Oh well another learning opportunity, but boy do I like our offense when they get rolling like they were today for most of the game...
                  Colgate dominated that game. Better team than Harvard but you have to play 60 minutes. 57 minutes doesn’t get you there. The offense is picking up. Lots of good underclassmen.

Comment

Colgate dominated that game. Better team than Harvard but you have to play 60 minutes. 57 minutes doesn’t get you there. The offense is picking up. Lots of good underclassmen.
                    I hear nothing about the D. They play the way Fargo wants them to. To play that agressive you need a .94 save percentage. You can't give up two goals from low percentage shot angles.
                    Last edited by Reddington; 02-09-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                      I hear nothing about the D. They play the way Fargo wants them too. To play that agressive you need a .94 save percentage. You can't give up two goals from low percentage shot angles.
                      Agreed. They are not getting that.

Comment

No question the D is shorthanded without Ross and with Bard having to step in and play out of position (doing a great job by the way). That said, Fargo plays all in and therefore everyone is always pinching up so more break aways than usual happen to us and that's to be expected. Unfortunately, the last two goals yesterday were simply due to players losing concentration at the worst, most dangerous time as Stephen Crane reminded us so beautifully a century and a half ago in "The Open Boat". The young team "saw the beach" and after surviving the shipwreck forgot it still was not safe. Especially not safe when you're away and leading by one to a higher ranked team that desperately does not want to lose on their home ice. I chalk it up to inexperience with top 10 pressure but it sure had to hurt after the game they played for 90% of it.
                        Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

No question the D is shorthanded without Ross and with Bard having to step in and play out of position (doing a great job by the way). That said, Fargo plays all in and therefore everyone is always pinching up so more break aways than usual happen to us and that's to be expected. Unfortunately, the last two goals yesterday were simply due to players losing concentration at the worst, most dangerous time as Stephen Crane reminded us so beautifully a century and a half ago in "The Open Boat". The young team "saw the beach" and after surviving the shipwreck forgot it still was not safe. Especially not safe when you're away and leading by one to a higher ranked team that desperately does not want to lose on their home ice. I chalk it up to inexperience with top 10 pressure but it sure had to hurt after the game they played for 90% of it.
                          I also know a few Ds who should read Crane while on their ellipticals. Great idea!

Comment

Tough loss tonight for Gate in OT but the team played fantastic hockey top to bottom. The coaches had them totally focused. One of the most exciting women's hockey games I've seen this season. Year after year these two teams seem to play very similar power hockey so it's always a slug fest as it was tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                              2019-2020 scheduled released last week....looks to be a great challenge for a young talented team. I suspect the trip to play the Gophers will work out better for Coach Fargo than his first year coaching at Colgate! lol

Season fast approaching...looking forward to hearing who will be brought in to be the new assistant coach?!
                              I expected at least a three game series with Clarkson. The season ended in a disappointing fashion in my opinion. However, there are lots of positives to take into next season. Taking all those Serdachny power skating classes paid off for Serdachny. The Western Canada players are relatively obscure, but she lived upto the name.

Comment

Colgate puts 3 out of 5 skaters on the ECAC all rookie team. Smigliani and Serdachny at forward. Bard at Def. Smigliani nominated for Rookie of the Year. Pretty good result for NeutralZone's top rated recruiting class. It would be really interesting to see someone compare the last few years of NeutralZone's rankings with how recruiting classes and individual players actually did to see how accurate they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X