Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, and if you're cleared and have life insurance for the fetus you would collect.

I am paying attention. Others like you are having a hard time with the concept.
    OJ was cleared too.

Good luck cashing that check
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Following a miscarriage. Which is considered the same thing by the ****ing Republicans.

Keep up.
      This is the abortion thread

Comment

• Re: Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

mookie I think you're being intentionally obtuse. I'm probably not the first person to consider this argument, but I think I was the first one to advance it here. Life insurance for kids in many forms is not a new idea.

I'm not arguing for or against it, but if Conservatives insist on declaring a fetus a human being (nay child) as early as 6 weeks after conception than they should have to reconcile with insurers that this child can be insured the same way a child is now.

An intentional miscarriage (not difficult to prove if you've studied up on it) would be the same as murder and negate the policy.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-04-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          This is the abortion thread
          Now you're more obtuse than Bob Gray.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            It's so if your child dies you have money for the funeral, burial plot, casket, etc. The fetus thing is IMHO a little strange. It pays out if you have a miscarriage or a stillbirth? Isn't that a little like insurance that pays out if I get cancer?
            The burial services for fetal miscarriages are very strange, but they fall under the general category of "things delusional people believe that for once aren't hurting anybody." They are essentially a declaration of religious faith and part of the grieving process for people who are really far gone on their supernatural trip.

Somebody, somewhere is making money on it. Holy Mother Church gets to promote its ideological and political message. And the people being raked over the emotional coals are quite literally asking for it. Probably unhealthy and easily exploited as a con, but more sad than stupid. Trauma always creates a market.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              mookie I think you're being intentionally obtuse. I'm probably not the first person to consider this argument, but I think I was the first one to advance it here. Life insurance for kids in many forms is not a new idea.

I'm not arguing for or against it, but if Conservatives insist on declaring a fetus a human being (nay child) as early as 6 weeks after conception than they should have to reconcile with insurers that this child can be insured the same way a child is now.

An intentional miscarriage (not difficult to prove if you've studied up on it) would be the same as murder and negate the policy.
              This.

A little bit different twist than the life insurance take, but consider this hypothetical. Person X is pregnant and gets rear-ended in an accident by Toetfeasor Y. As a result of the accident, Person X has a miscarriage. If a fetus is a person, Person X could bring a wrongful death claim against Tortfeasor Y, which would likely net a judgment in excess of Tortfeasor Y's liability policy, and Person X could then make an underinsured motorist claim under her own policy.

As could be imagined (and as alluded to above), this would have a huge impact on the insurance industry and the premiums we all pay.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Yes
                Yes
                And yes

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  This.

A little bit different twist than the life insurance take, but consider this hypothetical. Person X is pregnant and gets rear-ended in an accident by Toetfeasor Y. As a result of the accident, Person X has a miscarriage. If a fetus is a person, Person X could bring a wrongful death claim against Tortfeasor Y, which would likely net a judgment in excess of Tortfeasor Y's liability policy, and Person X could then make an underinsured motorist claim under her own policy.

As could be imagined (and as alluded to above), this would have a huge impact on the insurance industry and the premiums we all pay.
                  I like it. I hope someone on the Democratic Side is bringing up legislation in State Houses across the country for this very thing.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I like it. I hope someone on the Democratic Side is bringing up legislation in State Houses across the country for this very thing.
                    So the people who passed the anti abortion laws to begin with are going to move it along??

States with D majorities would have a need to do so

Comment

So the people who passed the anti abortion laws to begin with are going to move it along??

States with D majorities would have a need to do so
                      No, they're not. But, it still needs to be brought up. That's how democracy works. It needs to be brought up, it needs to be put in the media. Etc, etc. etc.

Comment

No, they're not. But, it still needs to be brought up. That's how democracy works. It needs to be brought up, it needs to be put in the media. Etc, etc. etc.
                        Waste of time. Incredible waste of time in resources where it is not needed.
                        Attack the source. Passing some stupid bill in CA won’t move the dial.
                        D U M dum

Comment

And not new. If media cared they’d already have brought it up. Rachel comment yet? No. Even she thinks it’s a non starter

Comment

Waste of time. Incredible waste of time in resources where it is not needed.
                            Attack the source. Passing some stupid bill in CA won’t move the dial.
                            D U M dum
                            Actually the smart bills are being passed in many progressive states. California, NY are basically ratifying a woman's right to choose in their State Constitutions. I think it's gone to that level. They are at least passing laws making it legal.

Comment

Actually the smart bills are being passed in many progressive states. California, NY are basically ratifying a woman's right to choose in their State Constitutions. I think it's gone to that level. They are at least passing laws making it legal.
                              Good
                              Don’t waste time on fetus life insurance

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Good
                                Don’t waste time on fetus life insurance
                                I don’t think anyone wants to. But we should stop declaring a clump of cells as a live person.

Comment

Working...
                                X