No announcement yet.

Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

From the NY Times:

A judge is expected to decide on a dispute on Friday between Missouri’s last abortion clinic and the state’s health department. If the judge rules against the clinic, Missouri would become the first state without any abortion services in nearly 50 years.
    You go Missouri. And, yeah, this is Missouri. Not Mississippi, or Alabama. Missouri. They had a Democratic Senator not long ago.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      From the NY Times:

You go Missouri. And, yeah, this is Missouri. Not Mississippi, or Alabama. Missouri. They had a Democratic Senator not long ago.
      Missouri's pretty bad, though. It's basically St. Louis in the middle of a slave state. Upper Arkansas.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Didn’t Claire win only after Todd what’s his name said women’s bodies shut down pregnancies if they were truly raped?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Didn’t Claire win only after Todd what’s his name said women’s bodies shut down pregnancies if they were truly raped?
          I don't know if Akin was leading before that remark but she only got 54% overall. There was also a significant Libertarian in that election to split the opposition.

But consider this: even with that statement Akin nearly got 40%. MO is not what you would call a smart place.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I don't know if Akin was leading before that remark but she only got 54% overall. There was also a significant Libertarian in that election to split the opposition.

But consider this: even with that statement Akin nearly got 40%. MO is not what you would call a smart place.
            It’s as lost as Alabama. Jones only won because he faced a child predator

Comment

It’s as lost as Alabama. Jones only won because he faced a child predator
              Statewide. The reddest states are only getting redder. But I'm sure there are competitive House districts. Even Alabama has the Black Belt.

I'm not sure how we recruit liberals in the reddest states in order to pick off state and local offices, but we need to. The fact that liberals in those states can see through the bullsh-t even though it's their relatives and peers means they are probably more on the ball than the average liberal in a less demanding place. If you're an honest to god liberal in Mississippi you have put up with an incredible amount of derp from almost everyone you've ever met from your parents to your teachers to your ministers. I want those people empowered to go back and rescue more, like an Underground Railroad.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2019, 11:45 AM.
              Cornell University

Comment

Jfc

https://www.boredpanda.com/man-photo...ign=socialedge

Comment

We need to be consistent. If it’s declared a life at six weeks as a clump of cells, it deserves all rights other humans have. Full stop. Period.
                  Life insurance is a right?!?!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Life insurance is a right?!?!
                    The right to buy it is. Come on, mook. This is NOT difficult.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The right to buy a Ferrari is there.... not that mookie may participate

Wonder what the premiums would be? Certainly allow for a nice payday if one trips down the stairs....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        The right to buy a Ferrari is there.... not that mookie may participate

Wonder what the premiums would be? Certainly allow for a nice payday if one trips down the stairs....
                        I can't believe you two are arguing opposite points and you're still both wrong. Which is actually kind of fascinating. It's like finding a no-pole magnet.

1. The ability to buy life insurance is absolutely not a right
                        2. The right to buy a Ferrari extends only to those Ferrari deems worthy.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I can't believe you two are arguing opposite points and you're still both wrong. Which is actually kind of fascinating. It's like finding a no-pole magnet.

1. The ability to buy life insurance is absolutely not a right
                          2. The right to buy a Ferrari extends only to those Ferrari deems worthy.
                          We need to be consistent. If it’s declared a life at six weeks as a clump of cells, it deserves all rights other humans have. Full stop. Period.
                          And Life Insurance is certainly on this list. In fact I'd argue Life Insurance is one of the most important things you will ever buy in your life. I've seen the devastation left by those who decide not to bother and it's not pretty.

Comment

And Life Insurance is certainly on this list. In fact I'd argue Life Insurance is one of the most important things you will ever buy in your life. I've seen the devastation left by those who decide not to bother and it's not pretty.
                            What list? Where is this mythical right to buy life insurance?
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              What list? Where is this mythical right to buy life insurance?
                              Fine.

Let's deny it then.

We can set back women even farther. Works for me.

Comment

Fine.

Let's deny it then.

We can set back women even farther. Works for me.
                                Oh, you're talking about the right to buy it for a fetus. My mistake. Boy do I feel like an a-shole now

I thought you meant a universal right to buy it.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X