No announcement yet.

Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Thought I'd stick my toe into the deep end on this one, but to be honest, this really bothers me.

I’ve been reading in the Café, on the USCHO Forum, and other message boards about the virus (duh, who hasn’t). It seems on one hand the school of thought is “We need to do whatever we can to stop/slow the spread of the virus to protect ourselves and the most vulnerable in our society (who in this case happen to be the opposite of fetuses).” On the other side, you have a never ending stream of comments basically saying “It’s not that bad, there’s little evidence it’s a problem, it affects only a small percentage of the population, let’s not overreact because the flu kills more people.” Interestingly enough, it’s the crowd normally associated with protecting life touting the second set of thoughts. So can someone explain to me how that thinking fits into the culture of life and “All life is precious?”
    The knuckle-draggers insist that every fetus be brought to term because reasons, after that eff 'em they're on their own.

Comment

NYT with this story today. Reason 5000003 I won’t date or partner with an R.

“ Many young Republicans say they disagree with the party line on at least one major issue. But more often than not, they say one thing keeps them committed to the party: abortion.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

“ Many young Republicans say they disagree with the party line on at least one major issue. But more often than not, they say one thing keeps them committed to the party: abortion.”
        Since Dubya blew up small government and fiscal responsibility the only Republicans left are Thumpers and the nuts who want to nuke Tehran.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's actually 2 other issues. Gays and Guns. Gays, Guns, and Abortion will always get the Republicans out to protest or vote.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            There's actually 2 other issues. Gays and Guns. Gays, Guns, and Abortion will always get the Republicans out to protest or vote.
            With young people though? Maybe the talibangelicans.

I’ll agree with guns. But I don’t think the gays are keeping as many there as abortion.

Of course the Venn diagram would be fun.

Comment

With young people though? Maybe the talibangelicans.

I’ll agree with guns. But I don’t think the gays are keeping as many there as abortion.

Of course the Venn diagram would be fun.
              The right lost on gays and lesbians. Now they're coming after people like me.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I considered buying one of those "I (heart) Abortion" shirts after Dump was elected just to trigger some snowflakes, but I decided I'm not that sophomoric in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  The right lost on gays and lesbians. Now they're coming after people like me.
                  Even guns is lookin pretty haggard after the NRA was exposed as an FSK front organization.

Who will it be after the trans on sexual politics, BTW? There's always another Other.

The right wing boogeyman timeline (all the groups that ended the world before):

Divorced
                  Unmarried
                  Interracial
                  Birth Control
                  Abortion
                  Gay
                  Trans
                  ?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-07-2020, 12:57 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Group buys 'Bama abortion clinic to keep it open.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/group-buy...130034524.html
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X