No announcement yet.

Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Comment

He clearly meant to say "torn from", but for whatever reason - dementia, Adderall buzz, denture slip, general stupidity - said it wrong.

And even if he'd gotten it right, he'd still be promoting a deceitful narrative, since third trimester abortions only occur when the fetus would not be viable and/or there is a strong possibility the mother will die in childbirth.

But nah, they're totally ripping babies out of vaginas every day and pinching their brains out with forceps. The heart is then removed, which is sacrificed to Satan before being ritually consumed by the mother and the hospital staff.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        He clearly meant to say "torn from", but for whatever reason - dementia, Adderall buzz, denture slip, general stupidity - said it wrong.
        So...a C-section?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So the Ohio lawmaker who wants to make reimplanting ectopic pregnancies mandatory?

Claims he didn't know, but never bothered to check his sources.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Comment

And in Oklahoma, they want to revoke the licenses of doctors who perform abortion.

And in the same article, the Constitution doesn't matter according to them.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                And in Oklahoma, they want to revoke the licenses of doctors who perform abortion.

And in the same article, the Constitution doesn't matter according to them.

It will get worse before it gets better. Fascists always run on Kinder, Küche, Kirche.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that’s actually consistent with the idea that it’s ALWAYS okay for the government to take away people’s choice NOT to have a baby. Having a baby is always good, according to them, no matter how desperately poor the family, how drug-addicted the mother, how abusive the father, or how likely it is that the kid will grow up to rely on state welfare or the department of corrections to care for him/her.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

MS 6-week abortion ban struck down by federal court.

Also, Florida made it illegal for minors to get an abortion without parental consent.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        MS 6-week abortion ban struck down by federal court.

Also, Florida made it illegal for minors to get an abortion without parental consent.
                        Wasn't somebody trying to criminalize going to another state to get an abortion?

The Thumpers are dying but they're dying hard, and they're going to cause as much misery as possible on their way out.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Wasn't somebody trying to criminalize going to another state to get an abortion?

The Thumpers are dying but they're dying hard, and they're going to cause as much misery as possible on their way out.
                          Think that was Alabama. Ohio's ban was struck down too, and Ohio maintains ignorance that ectopic pregnancies can be re-implanted. F Ohio, and by that, I mean no one should ever F them.

Comment

Thought I'd stick my toe into the deep end on this one, but to be honest, this really bothers me.

I’ve been reading in the Café, on the USCHO Forum, and other message boards about the virus (duh, who hasn’t). It seems on one hand the school of thought is “We need to do whatever we can to stop/slow the spread of the virus to protect ourselves and the most vulnerable in our society (who in this case happen to be the opposite of fetuses).” On the other side, you have a never ending stream of comments basically saying “It’s not that bad, there’s little evidence it’s a problem, it affects only a small percentage of the population, let’s not overreact because the flu kills more people.” Interestingly enough, it’s the crowd normally associated with protecting life touting the second set of thoughts. So can someone explain to me how that thinking fits into the culture of life and “All life is precious?”

Comment

There are all sorts of snarky ways I could explain conservative dogma on abortion, but having hammered this board with those comics and tropes over the years, I'll refrain for now and see if an actual conservative responds.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                                Thought I'd stick my toe into the deep end on this one, but to be honest, this really bothers me.

I’ve been reading in the Café, on the USCHO Forum, and other message boards about the virus (duh, who hasn’t). It seems on one hand the school of thought is “We need to do whatever we can to stop/slow the spread of the virus to protect ourselves and the most vulnerable in our society (who in this case happen to be the opposite of fetuses).” On the other side, you have a never ending stream of comments basically saying “It’s not that bad, there’s little evidence it’s a problem, it affects only a small percentage of the population, let’s not overreact because the flu kills more people.” Interestingly enough, it’s the crowd normally associated with protecting life touting the second set of thoughts. So can someone explain to me how that thinking fits into the culture of life and “All life is precious?”
                                Life isn’t precious. Old white men getting to tell young women what to do with their vaginas is.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X