Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    I'm guessing Ohio State's path to a championship is Minnesota, followed by Cornell, and then whoever of Wisconsin/Northeastern/Princeton/Clarkson.

You look at that and say "Minnesota, Cornell, Wisconsin, and Princeton? All teams we've beaten!" And I say "yes... and all teams you've lost to".

This tournament is WIDE open.
    I agree the tournament is wide open and although Ohio State is riding momentum right now we all know there are so many variables in a hockey game momentum alone is not enough but I will stand by saying our chances are as good as anybody's!

Comment

My apologies if I misread your response! As one who lost to the Badgers in 77, I enjoy seeing them taste the other side once in awhile😉......in fact, I gave both Johnson and Eaves their copies of the game on CD, as this was way before YouTube! Actually the TV feed was of the Boston public station!! Good luck going forward....

Comment

This program won ten games in the 2015-16 season. Enter Coach Nadine Muzerall and some very talented recruiting classes and today, that coaching staff and players are Champions. I just cannot say enough about what Coach Muzerall and these players have accomplished in a relatively short time. The Bucks won a thriller today against the Wisconsin Badgers 1-0 in OT. Tatum Skaggs scored the game-winner in overtime and was named the tournament MVP. The Badgers outshot the Buckeyes 41-26, but Buckeye goaltender Andrea Braendli stopped all 41 shots she faced to get the win. Kristen Campbell was equally stingy, stopping 25 of the 26 shots she faced. Congratulations to the four Buckeyes and two Badgers named to the All-Tournament Team ... forwards Tatum Skaggs, Jennifer Gardiner, and Abby Roque ... defensemen Jincy Dunne and Mekenzie Steffen ... and goaltender Andrea Braendli.

Comment

TWO Great Wins, Buckeyes. We're Immensely Proud Of You!!

Comment

Congrats to tOSU, and especially to '86 and pgb, who have been loyal fans through the lean years and beyond. You guys deserve it!
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              My apologies if I misread your response! As one who lost to the Badgers in 77, I enjoy seeing them taste the other side once in awhile��......in fact, I gave both Johnson and Eaves their copies of the game on CD, as this was way before YouTube! Actually the TV feed was of the Boston public station!! Good luck going forward....
              Well, you didn't completely misread. Given the timing, itemizing the teams Ohio State has lost to was just a teeny bit snarky.

That said, I'm certainly willing to vouch for the fact that robertearle is one of the best, most informative posters, on this board. And I do agree with him that the 2020 NCAA Tournament is wide open.

EDIT: The kerfuffle (just ahead) notwithstanding, I'll stand by my comment that robertearle is one of the best posters on the board. I even added "most informative." But I had no choice but to delete "fairest." On that point he has conclusively proven me wrong.
              Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-09-2020, 08:23 PM. Reason: Accuracy/New Evidence

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                Given the timing, itemizing the teams Ohio State has lost to was just a teeny bit snarky.
                No.

the point here is that seeds #1 through at least #6 have played a bunch of games against each other - probably more than 'usual' - and generally, they all have wins over one another, and they all have losses to one another.

#1 has losses to #5 and #6
                #2 has losses to #4 and #5
                #3 has a lost to #2
                #4 has losses to #2, and #5

etc etc.

(And BTW, I also "itemized" the tournament teams they have beaten.)
                Last edited by robertearle; 03-08-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

No.

the point here is that seeds #1 through at least #6 have played a bunch of games against each other - probably more than 'usual' - and generally, they all have wins over one another, and they all have losses to one another.

#1 has losses to #5 and #6
                  #2 has losses to #4 and #5
                  #3 has a lost to #2
                  #4 has losses to #2, and #5

etc etc.
                  C'mon. My reference was to the TIMING. Your substantive point is spot on. It's just that right after the game, during the underdog's celebration, isn't the time to make that point.

After all, the waiting period was destined to be short. The celebration is now over. As most of us expected, the Gophers & Buckeyes have been scheduled for a play-in game before one of us is allowed into the national competition. Yippee.
                  Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-08-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    C'mon. My reference was to the TIMING. Your substantive point is spot on. It's just that right after the game, during the underdog's celebration, isn't the time to make that point.
                    Good Lord!!

It was in response to "Big question now is our NCAA seeding and how far we'll go?"

How can offering an answer to a question be 'poorly timed'?!?

Comment

Good Lord!!
                      You and I may have had our differences of opinion over the years, but I saw nothing wrong with your post. I took it to mean that the field is more wide open than usual, which it is. I guess you can't please everyone.

Comment

But timing is everything and since Christmas OSU has gone 2-1-0 vs MN with the loss being an outdoor game that, to me is negated for both teams, and 2-0-1 vs WI. They’re headed in the right direction going into the tourney and MN and WI are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                          They’re headed in the right direction going into the tourney and MN and WI are not.
                          I disagree. tOSU is on a flight back to Columbus, which is the wrong direction from Minneapolis. The Badgers are on a bus to Madison, and that's the right direction for them. As for the Gophers, they're going nowhere ... fast!

Comment

Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Congrats to tOSU, and especially to '86 and pgb, who have been loyal fans through the lean years and beyond. You guys deserve it!
                              Thank you for the kind words. I am not exactly thrilled with the draw, but bottom line, if you want to be the best, you have to win three games. Doesn't matter who we play or where the game is played. After sitting it out last season, I am happy to see the girls back in the mix, and if they play like they did this weekend, they will be tough to beat.

I also agree with Robertearle that the field is wide open. Any one of those top six or seven teams could win it all.

Comment

So much for hosting in our barn. I can't help but wonder if our barn was a factor in the minds of the decision makers or was there really that much separating us from a #4 seed after the WCHA tourney?
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-08-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X