Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

For the first time in 19 years (since 2001), the Ohio State University Women's Hockey Team will play for the WCHA Title tomorrow after taking down the Gophers earlier today by a final score of 4-3 in OT. The Gophers came out firing and scored the first two goals of the game, both from Amy Potomak. Potomak's first goal was the only one scored in the first period and put the Gophers ahead 1-0 at the first intermission. Potomak's second goal put Minnesota up 2-0 early in the second period. Ohio State's Tatum Skaggs and Jennifer Gardiner would light the lamp to tie things up at 2. Minnesota's Taylor Heise scored late in the 2nd period to put the Gophers back on top 3-2 at the second intermission. Jennifer Gardiner scored the only goal of the third period to tie things up at 3 and give the fans some bonus hockey. The Buckeyes' Tatum Skaggs scored the game-winner in overtime to send Ohio State to its first WCHA Final Face Off Title Game since 2001. Minnesota outshot Ohio State in this one, 41-28. Gopher goaltender Sydney Scobee stopped 24 of the 28 shots she faced. Buckeye backstop Andrea Braendli stopped 38 of the 41 shots she faced. The Buckeyes will face Wisconsin tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST for the WCHA Final Face Off Title. Tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin will find out who they will face in the NCAA Tournament. NCAA.com will have the selection show live tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      For the first time in 19 years (since 2001), the Ohio State University Women's Hockey Team will play for the WCHA Title tomorrow after taking down the Gophers earlier today by a final score of 4-3 in OT. The Gophers came out firing and scored the first two goals of the game, both from Amy Potomak. Potomak's first goal was the only one scored in the first period and put the Gophers ahead 1-0 at the first intermission. Potomak's second goal put Minnesota up 2-0 early in the second period. Ohio State's Tatum Skaggs and Jennifer Gardiner would light the lamp to tie things up at 2. Minnesota's Taylor Heise scored late in the 2nd period to put the Gophers back on top 3-2 at the second intermission. Jennifer Gardiner scored the only goal of the third period to tie things up at 3 and give the fans some bonus hockey. The Buckeyes' Tatum Skaggs scored the game-winner in overtime to send Ohio State to its first WCHA Final Face Off Title Game since 2001. Minnesota outshot Ohio State in this one, 41-28. Gopher goaltender Sydney Scobee stopped 24 of the 28 shots she faced. Buckeye backstop Andrea Braendli stopped 38 of the 41 shots she faced. The Buckeyes will face Wisconsin tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST for the WCHA Final Face Off Title. Tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin will find out who they will face in the NCAA Tournament. NCAA.com will have the selection show live tomorrow night.
      Looks good on you.

Do what the 'Dogs couldn't. It'll add a different flavour.

Comment

Great Win, Buckeyes. We're Proud Of You!

Comment

What a win. Bringing the program to new heights in yet another way. My takeaway on the OT winner was how Dunne had 3 Gophers pressuring her at the blue line and she managed to keep the puck in. Very smart play by Schepers to fly over for support and as soon as she got the puck with speed it was clear the Gophers were in trouble. Nice effort by Skaggs to get to the net and scores a redirect goal with nobody even touching her. I think if you are the gophers and you’re going to put three people on Dunne like that you darn well better make sure the puck comes out, or there will be trouble when it’s Maltais, Skaggs and Schepers who are the forwards on the ice.

The announcer remarked about the short bench OSU was using just before the goal. We’ll see what their legs are like today, how Braendli is. Hoping to see history. Is the game on BTN plus or Big Ten Network by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            Is the game on BTN plus or Big Ten Network by any chance?
            It's on Fox Sports, and at least in the Twin Cities, it is on FSN's second channel, as they are showing the NBA on their main channel. It may also be on BTN Plus; check the team schedules for a link.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              It's on Fox Sports, and at least in the Twin Cities, it is on FSN's second channel, as they are showing the NBA on their main channel. It may also be on BTN Plus; check the team schedules for a link.
              It currently doesn't show on BTN Plus' schedule for today (even though both games were there yesterday). But certainly check again closer to game time. The UW web site says "Fox Sports Wisconsin Plus" and "Fox Sports North Plus", as well as FloHockey (though my cable box doesn't show it on the schedule for Fox Sports Wisconsin Plus, but that also doesn't mean much.)

If nothing else, the Wisconsin radio broadcast is free on iHeart radio, station WIBA-AM 1310.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                It currently doesn't show on BTN Plus' schedule for today (even though both games were there yesterday). But certainly check again closer to game time. The UW web site says "Fox Sports Wisconsin Plus" and "Fox Sports North Plus", as well as FloHockey (though my cable box doesn't show it on the schedule for Fox Sports Wisconsin Plus, but that also doesn't mean much.)

If nothing else, the Wisconsin radio broadcast is free on iHeart radio, station WIBA-AM 1310.
                Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  FWIW, if you have the DirecTV Sports Pack in the Columbus, this is the exact situation. Our game does appear on the schedule as WCHA Final: Upcoming @ 3:00PM Eastern. At least in the Columbus Market, that translates to Channel 668-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    FWIW, if you have the DirecTV Sports Pack in the Columbus, this is the exact situation. Our game does appear on the schedule as WCHA Final: Upcoming @ 3:00PM Eastern. At least in the Columbus Market, that translates to Channel 668-2.
                    Perfect. Thank you PGB, I found it. It’s on sports time Ohio in the Cleveland area. So excited! I give kudos to whoever it is that is helping get women’s hockey games on tv. This is fantastic.

Comment

I just checked my cable schedule for Spectrum and YES it's on there!
                      SportsTime Ohio on Spectrum channels 308 & hi def 1308!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

... and now it does show up on the BTN Plus schedule. I"love" how these guys treat women's hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          ... and now it does show up on the BTN Plus schedule. I"love" how these guys treat women's hockey!
                          Channel 323 on Charter in the boonies.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Channel 323 on Charter in the boonies.
                            It never did show up in the Charter 'program guide' but it is there. So I'm watching on TV and my sister in Appleton is watching on my account on BTN Plus. (Don't tell!)

Comment

I thought we were on our heels most of the period. We had trouble clearing our zone and Wis was constantly beating us to the puck in our zone and had possession much more than we did.
                              Don't have to be Captain Obvious to point out Wisconsin is a very talented team that utilizes their speed effectively. I wonder how much gas our girls have in the tank after yesterday?
                              Let's see what adjustments OSU makes in the 2nd and hope we get that 1st goal as an energizer for the girls.
                              It would be awesome for both our hockey teams to remove Wisconsin this weekend! GO BUCKS!

Comment

I thought second period we did better and the girls going a whole PP kill without a change was solid!
                                We had some good chances but I felt we didn't pull the trigger when we should have trying to look for a pass instead. I don't know if our choices on our passes are poor or is Wisconsin is doing a very good job of anticipating us but by my perspective I'd say maybe 70-80% of our passes aren't reaching their target? We need to grind the Badgers down in the 3rd and create more opportunities through puck possession and not try to score by the occasional off chance only.
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-08-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X