Feb. 28-Mar. 1 WCHA First Round Playoffs
    March 7-8 WCHA Final Face-Off
    March 14 NCAA Quarter-Finals
    March 20-21 NCAA Frozen Four

For a more visually appealing version, complete with Home Start Times:
    https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-hockey/schedule/

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Schedule Notes:

1. Just 1 Football Saturday on this year's schedule. In a joint expression of B1Gness, Ohio State hosts Minnesota in Women's Hockey & Wisconsin in Football on October 26th.

2. In addition to the usual WCHA games, it looks we're spending a season as an affiliate member of the ECAC. 10 -- count 'em 10 -- games against ECAC competition.

3. After trying out a couple of Sunday Home Games last season, we're currently scheduled to play the Friday/Saturday format for all Home Games this year.

Should be a fun year; Go Bucks!
    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 05-18-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Schedule Notes:

3. From November 22 through December 14, we get to see how the Ivies live -- for 6 straight games.
      Only 4 straight games against the Ivies. Colgate is Ivy-ish, but not Ivy. They are not a member of the Ivy League.
      THINK PINK
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by whoop87 View Post
        Only 4 straight games against the Ivies. Colgate is Ivy-ish, but not Ivy. They are not a member of the Ivy League.
        The error has been removed. Thanks for the graciously phrased correction.

Good to hear from you, btw.

Comment

1. Just 1 Football Saturday on this year's schedule. In a joint expression of B1Gness, Ohio State hosts Minnesota in Women's Hockey & Wisconsin in Football on October 26th.
          This pretty much seals that I'm going to make my one long distance regular season trip to Nashville this year.

Comment

Schedule Notes:

2. In addition to the usual WCHA games, it looks we're spending a season as an affiliate member of the ECAC. 10 -- count 'em 10 -- games against ECAC competition.

3. After trying out a couple of Sunday Home Games last season, we're currently scheduled to play the Friday/Saturday format for all Home Games this year.

Should be a fun year; Go Bucks!
            And you failed to mention that the Princeton games are in Lost Wages, Nev. Neat.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              This pretty much seals that I'm going to make my one long distance regular season trip to Nashville this year.
              Good choice. Everyone I've spoken to about Nashville agrees that it's a great time. Hope to get there myself someday. Maybe the Men's Frozen Four will make it to Nashville eventually.

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              And you failed to mention that the Princeton games are in Lost Wages, Nev. Neat.
              Mildly mixed emotions on this one. "Vegas For The Holidays" is one of the last things I'd come up with. If I were headed that way for the break, Lake Tahoe would be much more tempting.

That said, Vegas will certainly be a fun change of pace. I'm guessing the those making the trip will experience it as an end-of-the-semester reward. With luck, some great hockey as well. Definitely a neat thing from that perspective.
              Last edited by pgb-ohio; 05-19-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Unusual that after years of playing a lot of CHA opponents, they are suddenly all gone. I would think that Penn State in particular would make a nice annul opponent. This almost looks calculated to try to maximize RPI by getting the Opponents' win % and Opponents' Opponents' win % as high as possible, with all of the top of the ECAC minus Clarkson. Can't blame them for that one after two goalies went there.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Unusual that after years of playing a lot of CHA opponents, they are suddenly all gone.
                  It's a striking difference, for sure. And a little uptick in the travel budget.

In fairness, Colgate & Quinnipiac were on last year's schedule. Those two weekends are return engagements. But yes, the total absence of CHA opponents is still a major change.

I would think that Penn State in particular would make a nice annul opponent.
                  Strictly one person's personal opinion: But as I've posted in the past, I'd play Penn State every year, perhaps with a traveling trophy on line. The schools share a 25 year history as BIG Conference Mates. The Football rivalry goes deeper still. PA is a neighboring state. Bringing that match-up to Women's Hockey strikes me as a good thing. No, not as some sort of prelude to a Women's BIG Hockey Conference. A rivalry on its own merits.

This almost looks calculated to try to maximize RPI by getting the Opponents' win % and Opponents' Opponents' win % as high as possible, with all of the top of the ECAC...
                  Is Coach Muzzerall smart enough & aggressive enough to pursue that strategy? I would say yes.

But I think it's more basic than that. My observation is that Coach tries to put together the strongest possible schedule. Consider last year's exhibition game. Historically that's been a match against a manageable opponent, in a September tune-up. Last year OSU joined the group of schools scheduling the Whitecaps, and played the game in January. Irrelevant to the pairwise, but another chance to play against top talent.

...minus Clarkson. Can't blame them for that one after two goalies went there.
                  Purely guesswork on my part: But I highly doubt the OSU Coaching Staff is boycotting or ducking Clarkson. Again, I think the lead factor is a desire to play the strongest possible competition, within the limits of mutual availability. With luck, OSU & Clarkson will find mutually agreeable dates in the future. Unless Clarkson is ducking Ohio State.
                  Last edited by pgb-ohio; 05-20-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Pgb, thanks for starting this thread! I like your subtitle better than the one I was going to have. My subtitle this year was going to be "Lessons Learned or History Repeats Itself." By that, I mean I want to see if this team shows up every game and plays like it's Minnesota or Wisconsin, or if we continue to stumble against inferior teams. Two seasons ago, we had some hiccups against teams we should have beaten, but there were enough quality wins in the 2017-18 season to overcome the few bad losses. Last season, we ended up on the outside looking in because of a number of bad losses, and there were not enough quality wins to overcome that. My hope is obviously that the team learned from last season so that history does not repeat itself. Having said all that, love your subtitle "Muzzling The Detractors." Hope the team does just that, but they need to get back to what they were doing in 2017-18 ... playing with a chip on their shoulder in every game ... not just when they play Minnesota or Wisconsin.

As for the friendly little debate about scheduling, if you look at the league we play in, as well as the non-league schedule that was put together, it becomes fairly obvious that Ohio State ducks no one. Add to that the fact that years ago, Ohio State had a chance to leave the WCHA for the CHA and ultimately decided, correctly, to stay in the WCHA.

I cannot wait until the season gets going. We miss the girls. We were actually looking at the schedule to see if we could make one of the road trips this fall. We like to make one road trip in the fall, then start saving up for the postseason.

Comment

Did one of the assistant coaches leave? That's what I just heard. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Did one of the assistant coaches leave? That's what I just heard. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?
                        I can confirm that Clarkson did not add an assistant.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I can confirm that Clarkson did not add an assistant.
                          That is funny! Seems like assistant coaches at OSU have a short shelf life. Muzzy looks like someone who would be enjoyable to work for!🤪

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Which assistant? I know Cassels is expected to coach his kid’s AAA Blue Jackets team this fall (as he was this past season). Muzerall gave him a favorable work life schedule so he could parent and work, and coach his kid’s team, which is commendable on her part. I don’t know how long to expect Cassels to stick in women’s hockey. Maybe it’s a stepping stone for him, maybe he’ll stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              That is funny! Seems like assistant coaches at OSU have a short shelf life. Muzzy looks like someone who would be enjoyable to work for!🤪
                              It’s really gross how various posters on this board are so antagonistic about women coaches. I’ve seen it for almost twenty years on this board. You guys are total embarrassments.

Comment

Working...
                              X