Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    So much for hosting in our barn. I can't help but wonder if our barn was a factor in the minds of the decision makers or was there really that much separating us from a #4 seed after the WCHA tourney?
    (at the risk of 'answering a question') Ohio State wasn't the #5 in the Pairwise; after Princeton beat Cornell today, Princeton was #5 and OSU was #6.

Comment

So much for hosting in our barn. I can't help but wonder if our barn was a factor in the minds of the decision makers or was there really that much separating us from a #4 seed after the WCHA tourney?
      Princeton finished 5th in the PairWise, and the Tigers (.62133) were close to Minnesota (.62886) in RPI. OSU was at .61881. Had Princeton passed the Gophers, then presumably, UM could have been on a bus to Madison.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Heck of a bigtime move by Skaggs there to end it.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I honestly don't think our facilities were a factor.

Even though I vehemently disagree with intra-conference match-ups in the first round, the NCAA has been consistent for many years. The top four spots are determined by Pairwise numbers, and after that minimizing flights has been treated as all important. Going into the playoffs, there were some convoluted statistical scenarios that got OSU into the top four. But I didn't hold out much hope for those scenarios, and I'm not surprised it didn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Princeton finished 5th in the PairWise, and the Tigers (.62133) were close to Minnesota (.62886) in RPI. OSU was at .61881. Had Princeton passed the Gophers, then presumably, UM could have been on a bus to Madison.
            At this point in the season, the difference between .62133 and .62886 is about a 'bad loss'. That is, had Minn lost a first round game against St Cloud, Princeton might have gotten close (and even that might not have been enough).

Comment

There isn't any decision making in deciding who the top four teams are, so your barn had nothing to do with it. It's strictly a numbers thing, and OSU had the sixth best PWR. The gap from there to #4 wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                There isn't any decision making in deciding who the top four teams are, so your barn had nothing to do with it. It's strictly a numbers thing, and OSU had the sixth best PWR. The gap from there to #4 wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny, either.
                Thanks to you and all those that replied to my question.

Comment

Our game Saturday will be available on BTN+

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Our game Saturday will be available on BTN+
                    If the game takes place...OSU has stopped all face to face classroom instruction until April...all domestic travel is limited to business essential only until April 20, this includes previously booked travel..

Comment

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                      If the game takes place...OSU has stopped all face to face classroom instruction until April...all domestic travel is limited to business essential only until April 20, this includes previously booked travel..
                      Unless they would be flying commercial to Minneapolis, which I doubt, what difference does it make if they spend two hours together on a plane when they live their lives together in the same fricking locker room?!?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        Unless they would be flying commercial to Minneapolis, which I doubt, what difference does it make if they spend two hours together on a plane when they live their lives together in the same fricking locker room?!?
                        I mentioned in another thread on forum how they cancelled spectator viewing at The Arnold here in Columbus last weekend due to fears of all the people who come here globally that some may be carriers.
                        Well when they announced that everyone was already here and those people were all over the Short North /Arena District bars & restaurants and they were absolutely packed all weekend long so how did that prevent anything?

Comment

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                          They're on Spring Break right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            They're on Spring Break right now.

Yep...when classes resume they all will be virtual...OSU is encouraging students to stay at their home/legal residence...

Also noticed that Princeton is going all virtual after their spring break
                            Last edited by mnwis; 03-10-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              They have to fly commercial because the NCAA pays for the flights. And I'm sure the game is considered "essential" travel by OSU.

Comment

I know firsthand that the AD and other bigwigs at OSU don't travel commercial.
                                I have a connection to Netjets.

Comment

Working...
                                X