Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You guys need to quit making me feel old!
    Not a big fan of AC/DC, it doesn't go well with my Glenn Miller records.
    So you're not old unless you listen to Glenn Miller records?

THANK YOU! I haven't felt so young in years!!

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5owhRrykQ

There, now we can all sing along!
    Perfect! Right back at you:
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...ock%2520lyrics

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Mr.PGB for all we know may not be a good singer and cause his family some degree of consternation if he does this in their presence!
    You're on to something. I don't usually subject humans to my singing. My dog, however, may occasionally have his patience tested.

Comment

Pgb, thanks for that video! I am not much of a singer, but I do a pretty good Angus Young impersonation with my air guitar!

Here is my all-time favorite AC/DC song ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUXMzkh-jI

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll!!!

Comment

I am a fan of the Minnesota women's hockey program. As such I don't post often in the Ohio State thread.

I admit great fondness for assistant coach West (2012 National Championship winning goal on a penalty shot against Wisconsin in Duluth) and also for WCHA coach of the year Muzzerall (still our all time leading goal scorer) but I usually do not have much to add for Ohio State fans but I do believe the thread has evolved to a discussion of My G-g-generation.

I hope that you all enjoy that bit of tape as much as I do.
        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
          but I usually do not have much to add for Ohio State fans but I do believe the thread has evolved to a discussion of My G-g-generation.
          For those of Ohio State's fans that typically post here perhaps it should be changed to My G-g-geritol? LOL! Thanks for sharing MBTC!

Comment

For the evolution of this thread and bonus points to those who know these bands...One with Minneapolis connections.

Evil

Cottage Cheese

And for all kinds of generational goodness...

One Fine Morning
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              For the evolution of this thread and bonus points to those who know these bands...One with Minneapolis connections.

Evil

Cottage Cheese

And for all kinds of generational goodness...

One Fine Morning
              Fun Videos. Will 50% Accuracy do? Meaning 2 of the songs & 1 of the bands.

1. Wasn't familiar with Cactus or their Evil song.

2. Heard Cottage Cheese on Top 40 Radio back in the day, but couldn't have named Crow. Presume that Crow is the Mpls. based band.

3. I did know One Fine Morning by Lighthouse.

How about this scenario: A WCHA team will Fly to the East for the Frozen Four. Then they'll Fly To The West with the National Championship Trophy in hand. No Ice We Can't Call Our Own. Wouldn't that make for One Fine Morning on March 23rd? [Understood we'll be visualizing different teams.]
              Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-06-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                I am a fan of the Minnesota women's hockey program. As such I don't post often in the Ohio State thread.
                Hey, I'm certainly willing to pay attention to The Man Behind The Curtain. Come by as often as you like! Besides, with "Only 17" of us on the Board, we have to stick together on some levels.

Though based on turnout in some of the WH Polls, there may actually be 30-40 of us. It's not a big sensation, but it's trending in the right direction!

I admit great fondness for assistant coach West (2012 National Championship winning goal on a penalty shot against Wisconsin in Duluth) and also for WCHA coach of the year Muzzerall (still our all time leading goal scorer) but I usually do not have much to add for Ohio State fans but I do believe the thread has evolved to a discussion of My G-g-generation.

I hope that you all enjoy that bit of tape as much as I do.
                I dig what you all say.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Pgb, thanks for that video! I am not much of a singer, but I do a pretty good Angus Young impersonation with my air guitar!

Here is my all-time favorite AC/DC song ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUXMzkh-jI

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll!!!
                  Very cool. Maybe it's just me, but I've always loved the bagpipes on that song!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    How about this scenario: A WCHA team will Fly to the East for the Frozen Four. Then they'll Fly To The West with the National Championship Trophy in hand.]
                    We do know with absolute certainty that said team will not be Flying Like An Eagle
                    (with due apologies to Grant)
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Fun Videos. Will 50% Accuracy do? Meaning 2 of the songs & 1 of the bands.

1. Wasn't familiar with Cactus or their Evil song.

2. Heard Cottage Cheese on Top 40 Radio back in the day, but couldn't have named Crow. Presume that Crow is the Mpls. based band.

3. I did know One Fine Morning by Lighthouse.
                      Yes it will and also yes on Crow's Mpls roots.

So now that you know of Cactus, maybe you're familiar with founding members (Tim) Bogert and (Carmine) Appice and their collaboration with Guitarist Jeff Beck?

Their cover of Superstition as an example...
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-06-2020, 01:56 PM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Very cool. Maybe it's just me, but I've always loved the bagpipes on that song!
                        OMG, either you have a crystal ball or you're psychic. That is actually my favorite part of that song. What is that saying? "Great minds think alike." Bon Scott on the bagpipes ... RIP Bon Scott!

Comment

And one more thing, Gopher fans feel free to stop by here anytime! Actually, that goes for any fans, WCHA or otherwise!

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            OMG, either you have a crystal ball or you're psychic. That is actually my favorite part of that song. What is that saying? "Great minds think alike." Bon Scott on the bagpipes ... RIP Bon Scott!
                            For what little it matters I know a girl who slept with Angus!

Comment

Game Day! Definitely time to transition back to Hockey. But I can't resist just one more. Jersey-wise, will the Buckeyes be Back In Black?

Pep Talk
                              Sincere thanks to the entire team for an impressive, satisfying regular season. Going to the Ice Rink was a privilege and a pleasure all year long.

In the 1st Round Playoff Series, you gave us two more solid victories. And now the Final Face-Off has arrived. It's an honor to be part of this tournament field.

But you know what? You've earned that honor. You guys can win this thing. You're plenty good enough to beat any of the other teams. The regular season results prove that.

Your team chemistry? Absolutely off the charts. Having talented individuals is a good thing, and we do. But more importantly, teams win championships. You are true team.

Go Bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                Game Day! Definitely time to transition back to Hockey. But I can't resist just one more. Jersey-wise, will the Buckeyes be Back In Black?

Pep Talk
                                Sincere thanks to the entire team for an impressive, satisfying regular season. Going to the Ice Rink was a privilege and a pleasure all year long.

In the 1st Round Playoff Series, you gave us two more solid victories. And now the Final Face-Off has arrived. It's an honor to be part of this tournament field.

But you know what? You've earned that honor. You guys can win this thing. You're plenty good enough to beat any of the other teams. The regular season results prove that.

Your team chemistry? Absolutely off the charts. Having talented individuals is a good thing, and we do. But more importantly, teams win championships. You are true team.

Go Bucks!
                                Absolutely agree. I would also not be surprised to see UMD get past Wisconsin. Double upset. It will be a great hockey day.

Comment

Working...
                                X