Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing but assumed that would be announced or at least shared with the team. I don’t know that the players even know why she was (is still?) gone.
    This is a frustration with women’s hockey. Just inform the fans as to what is going on generally. To me it’s in the same vein as having zero coverage of the fact that a player like Watts isn’t on Team Canada. Whatever the reasons are for stuff happening, a general non bs comment to the followers is appropriate. A huge frustration (for me) in trying to follow this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
      It's as simple as not having anyone to watch her child...
      Right, so say she’s missing for personal reasons. Nbd, and then on with life. Instead we ponder whether there is a suspension, which also is not the end of the world, is a thing that happens and then get on with life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
        It's as simple as not having anyone to watch her child...
        And that is a simple, personal reason. But the indication is the players didn’t (don’t?) know why she was out. On what planet do you not let your players know why you’re out? At least in a broad sense?

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Is she now back at practice? They have an important couple of games coming up.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I do like PC's theory of checking out new stealth uniforms but maybe she's out for a joy ride with this guy...

Don't mess with my discount
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Can a coach be suspended for publicly criticizing the officiating in the NCAA?
              Yes, but some governing body (WCHA, NCAA) would announce the suspension. I get all sorts of emails announcing suspensions of men's and women's players for hits or other actions in games. However, when a program suspends a player or coach, then the announcements tend to be far more erratic as to whether or not one is issued.

In any case, I hope that coach Muzerall is okay and is back behind the bench sooner rather than later.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Is she now back at practice? They have an important couple of games coming up.
                I see AC West gave the preview interview. I believe Muzz typically handles that so maybe she’s not back yet. Also wonder why the reporter didn’t ask about where the HC is. Maybe told not to go there?

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/no-8-9-buckeyes-host-no-2-minnesota-this-week-in-columbus/

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                  I see AC West gave the preview interview. I believe Muzz typically handles that so maybe she’s not back yet. Also wonder why the reporter didn’t ask about where the HC is. Maybe told not to go there?
                  I see that the reporter did clearly refer to her as the Head Coach.

"The weekend matchup pits the three Ohio State coaches against their alma mater, as head coach Nadine Muzerall and assistant coaches Emily West and Milica McMillen all played for the Gophers."
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    The OSU posters are ominously silent. These hush hush things are never a good thing. Is she sick or ill? I'm sure we'd all offer well wishes and prayers. Is she in professional trouble? The facts are the facts, can't change those, have to just deal with it head on and then move on. Maybe it's a raw deal and public support in her favor would be a welcomed thing. Strange situation.
                    Fair question.

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    I can't speak for every OSU poster, but I am silent because I have no idea what is going on. A little communication by OSU would have put an end to all the speculation out here. Not sure why this is a big secret unless it is in fact health-related and HIPAA laws come into play. But, yeah, Timothy A, this guy is "ominously silent" because I have no clue what is going on with Coach.
                    This.

I'm not on campus much at this point, except for game days. One of multiple reasons that most of my posts focus on the actual games.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      I see that the reporter did clearly refer to her as the Head Coach.

"The weekend matchup pits the three Ohio State coaches against their alma mater, as head coach Nadine Muzerall and assistant coaches Emily West and Milica McMillen all played for the Gophers."
                      This is fake news.
                      I’m not sure who will be more shocked, TOSU fans or Minnesota. A little over a week ago, due to health reasons, Brad Frost resigned as head coach of the Gophers and informed the U of M that his last game as HC would be last weekend against SCSU. Joel Johnson turned down becoming the head coach and Mark Coyle immediately began a search for a replacement and was suggested to contact Nadine Muzzerall who last week was in Minneapolis interviewing for the job. She accepted and will be behind the Gopher bench Friday night. I know you will find this as hard to belive as I did, but this information came from a woman who is also a liberal, so she must be telling the truth.

Comment

I can't speak for every OSU poster, but I am silent because I have no idea what is going on. A little communication by OSU would have put an end to all the speculation out here. Not sure why this is a big secret unless it is in fact health-related and HIPAA laws come into play. But, yeah, Timothy A, this guy is "ominously silent" because I have no clue what is going on with Coach.
                        (pipe in ominous dramatic music and read with the voice of Daffy Duck in your head)....Or just cooooould it perhaps be that you DO indeed know, and your simply not saying anything? Well? Could it? Maybe? YES!? AAAAHHHH HHHHAAAA! or not.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          (pipe in ominous dramatic music and read with the voice of Daffy Duck in your head)....Or just cooooould it perhaps be that you DO indeed know, and your simply not saying anything? Well? Could it? Maybe? YES!? AAAAHHHH HHHHAAAA! or not.
                          You forgot "This looks like a job for ... STUUUUUUPOR DUCK!!!! 😃😃😃

Comment

You forgot "This looks like a job for ... STUUUUUUPOR DUCK!!!! 😃😃😃
                            Yikes and away!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

For whatever reason, the Buckeyes have struggled against the so called weaker teams and last weekend was a continuation of last year or so it appears. Would the coach have made a difference, you would think so but again this has become a bit of a pattern for OSU. I would expect to see a very motivated team for their series against the Gophers this weekend with or without the HC. A couple of losses could knock them out of the top 10.
                              Last edited by Puckdrop14; 10-24-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I guess I am a little late to the Discussion. I see that our Buckeyes have struggled lately. I also see that Coach wasn't at the games in Mankato?? I hope she is ok. I think that Mankato plays us so tough. They must match up well. Looks like a tough team coming to town. Hopefully Coach is back and we can get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X